The Hyderabad FarmNest meet - 23-Jun-12, NTR Gardens

hi, chandra… it,s fine with what you said,and all of us shall stick to the place finalised by youright now as the time is running out.

As suggested by Chandra and other members, Lumbini/NTR garden looks like a good option for this time. Request the group to confirm the date, time and venue so that each of us can plan accordingly.

Looking forward to meet those who could make it.

So here is the confirmed time and venue: 11 am 3 pm on Saturday, 23-June at NTR Gardens, Tank bund. I hear there should be some place there in case it rains.

Here is the list so far - please post any changes.

Confirmed and PMed me contact details

kvprasad
rameshwari (Sheo Narayan)
wannabe_farmer (Sridhar)
whiteClover (Purushotham)
buffallo (Prathap)
thamadasb (Srinivas)
kirangoteti
gvk (Vasanth)
madhavi101
yasshrao (ShivenRao)
vamsinr
sansuk777 (Sukumar)
Chandra

To confirm for 23rd or need contact details (PM me)

123venkat
hdashti (Habib)

Can’t make it:

airfoil
satishsc24
trupti_naik

Updated 22/6/12

chandra thanks for taking the time to cordinate - will be there
I am not very familiar with the place - been there only once that too very vague - are there many entrances to the place any particular landmark where I can wait. i can get to the main entrance but from there am clueless. Anyone familiar please do let me know

madhavi

Dear Mr.Chandra;

I have very recently acquired interest in Agriculture & Horticulture… & to take the learning process forward I would like to be present at the Hyderabad FarmNest meet @ 11 am on Saturday, 23-June at NTR Gardens, Tank bund.

Many Thanks & Warm Regards
Dr.ShivenRao
+919440668468
shivenrao@yahoo.com
sr@conservetech.in

Looks like I won’t be able to make it. Sorry.

Thank you all. NTR Gardens is next to Prasadz’s IMan, hoping to see you all this Saturday at 11 AM.

Thanks,
Srinivas

A small change in time: let’s make it 3 pm.
I figured NTR Gardens don’t open until slightly later than originally proposed.

I will PM some contacts and give a call to the confirmed members. Thanks.

will be there , main entrance ?????

madhavi

I will PM you the finer details on how to find one another later today.

While you are coming from Khairatabad flyover side towards Secretariat, you will have to cross the IMAX circle to find a small temple to your left. The entrance to NTR Gardens will be towards your right bang underneath a foot over bridge. You will have to go further ahead and take a U turn to park and enter.

Just get inside the garden and give me or another of the attendees a call. The numbers should be on PM in a little.

Chandra

I like to attend the meeting. Please send me the contact detail.

Done Ramesh.

Thank you very much Chandra, your effort to arrange this meet is commendable. Thanks a lot to Ramesh sir, I took some lesson from him.

Thanks to everybody too for listening me for a while.

Keep meeting and be in touch. My farm website is rameshwari.com where I keep updating the activities I am doing, this might be a good point to be in touch.

I personally like to thank MR Chandra for the Initiative and for taking the time to inform all the members. Really it was good work.

It was gud to listen to members and their experience very informative…

Thank you
kirangoteti

Hi?
Where is group photo? Wants to see you people.

Dear Mr.Chandra;

I have recently acquired interest in Agriculture & Horticulture and I am interested in becoming a full time agripenure. Other then having grown plants on my terrace, I do not have a deep knowledge in this field. Please include me in your group. I missed the meet earlier in the day but hope to catch it up on the next one.

Many Thanks & Warm Regards
Amit Goenka
+919866597222
enigmaindia@yahoo.com

Thanks to all the attendees who made the Hyderabad meet informative and worthwhile!

The meet started on dot at 3 pm and in fact the first few members were at the spot as early as 2.40 pm. A little surveying to find a dry patch of grass away from the garden’s traffic got us going for the next three hours.

We have had 17 participants in all, inclusive of a short guest appearance from Sridhar’s better half and counting Sheo’s friend who accompanied him.
Vasanth resigned from a media house last month and is about to get started with a dairy together with a possible mix of cropping; work is in progress on the land they have acquired near Toopran. He intends to start small and scale up over time. Ramesh (familiar to those who have seen the pics on the agri tourism thread) is now a full time farmer still exploring the best of options and studying different farms. He is quite convinced of the benefits of natural farming and spoke about the sugarcane he has seen being grown naturally with limited water and yielding very well. Kiran works for an IT major and is getting started with a small dairy farm on the outskirts of Hyderabad, to be scaled up once he has some hands on experience. Sheo Narayan has started off with a 3 acre piece of land close to Hyderabad last month and intends to cultivate it completely naturally. Farming would be one of his activities and he expects to earn good health, not money from his farm. Chandra is currently building his farm about a hundred kilometres from Hyderabad, planning swales and water harvesting at this point (and of course runs farmnest.com). Srinivas recently acquired a readymade mango farm and explained the activities he is undertaking right now. Pratap works in a poultry parent farm organization and also runs a dairy farm. He believes someone getting into dairy needs to understand the nuances and day to day problems and linkages needed to be profitable. Mrs. Pratap manages a 6 acre mango farm near Hyderabad and intends to diversify into other crops this season on (sorry, I didn’t get her name but Pratap declared she was a good cook when it comes to Dum ka biryani and offered to host the next meet at their/their organization’s farm premises at Yadagirigutta).
Madhavi runs a school and is fond of having a small farm close to the city, she would also like her kitchen garden bloom and would possibly be posting some details on the forum around the problems she faces. Sridhar, a Chartered Accountant would like to grab a small hobby farm too and is mulling between AP and Karnataka; Mrs. Sridhar popped in for a short while as well but had more questions during that period than everyone else put together. Purushotam works for an IT major, Prasad for a commodity trading company - they are both on their pursuit of a farm.
CS Rao is an agribusiness consultant, Shiven Rao is a soil and water consultant and Ram (not a member) is a social entrepreneur who had also worked on vegetable retailing plans - they all added their perspectives to the discussions.

Over all it was quite a productive networking meet and ended on a note of collaborating on specific areas and meeting up again.

Who’s who (L-R):

Pic 2: starting from Madhavi (madhavi101) in red, Kiran (kirangoteti), Purushotam (whiteClover), Prasad (kvprasad), Ramesh (rameshlr), CS Rao (csrao), Ram (not a member), Sridhar (wannabe_farmer)
Pic 4: Vasanth (gvk), Srinivas (thamadasb), Chandra (Chandra), Sheo’s friend (not a member), Sheo Narayan (rameshwari), Shiven Rao (yasshrao)
Pic 9: rightmost - Mrs. & Mr. Pratap (buffallo)

[quote=amitgoenka]Please include me in your group. I missed the meet earlier in the day but hope to catch it up on the next one.
[/quote]
Sure Amit, all meet info will be in this section.
Hope to see you at the next meet.

Congrats guys! that looked like a great meet. So many people, from various fields discussing farming.
Nice compilation Chandra, now we could associate face to name.