Growing capsicum in polyhouse - my experience

Hello Sir
My shadenet house size is 28 mtr X 56 mrt tunnel type shadenet

Regards
Ravindra

Thank you sir for this you need 1600 Sq. Mtrs Poly sheet is required with necessary locking arrangements of the poly sheet sheet.

MANNE.SN,
for vasudha Green Farms,
vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com,
A Reliable Farm Consultant in India,
Operating from Hyderabad,Telangana State.

Hi Vivek,

I am doing open filed of Indra. I am having approx 5000 plants. My plants are 130 days old. Harvested around 700 gm capsicum/plant in past 40 days

Recently i got severe thrifts attack (because of my laziness :smiley: and weather). As advised by you i had sprayed (almost washed my plants) with Spinosad & Actara. What should be my next spray and when? - Pls advice.

Also i found that lots of plants are not having any new branches/flower. Is there any schedule i need to follow to get continuous flower?

Also fruit size is less than what i normally saw in market. Is there any way to increase the weight.

Joy.

Hey paillasita,
The best way to control whitefly imo would be to apply as many yellow sticky traps as you can. For insecticides you can use imidacloprid bayar confidor super @ 4-5 ml/ 15 liter water or you may use Syngenta pegasus @ 15 gm/15 l water along with Multineem or neem oil. In my experience neem oil helps as a water emulsifier as well as magnifies the effect of pegasus. Pegasus would be a better option as it acts on whitefly both the upper surface and lower surface of the leaves even when sprayed only on the upper surface. Another spray after 6 days would decrease the infection to a large extend.
Aikam Chawla

Thanks Aikam,

My plot is having thrifts attack.

Joy.

Oops Wrong post! :astonished:

Hi Vivek,

it’s great to read your exeperience, if you dont mind can i have complete Document or PPT or PDF file on Capsicum Crop from Seed to market, it’s great if posible to send video file. to justsrikanth@yahoo.com

we are new to this capsicum crop. also i am totally new to farming industry, im a designer now im moving to my home town and want to start farming, i have 5 acrs of land, i want to start in 1 acre first llater i will expand,

whenever you have time Please prepare document/PPT or if you have document already its great,

Regards
srikanth
justsrikanth@yahoo.com

I, Uma Mohandas Nambiar, a Media Professional at Mumbai, have Agriculture land at Kerala, I have no previous experience in farming, I wish to seek your expertise and advice in Polyhouse Farming, at a small scale

Thanks & Best Regards

can we start polyhouse in black soil

For best results it is advised to use Red soil in polyhouse mainly due to its acidic and porous nature , but you can still go for black soil by adding fine sand to it in order to reduce water logging.
Please keep in mind that regardless of which soil type you are using it is important that the soil has the PH & EC measures within the required limits.

Hi everyone, what happened to the chain, VIKAS and AMAN… Where are you guys? farmnest was lifeless with out you guys.
You people are the knowledge donars, keep continuing the good work guys. Aman thanks a lot for your valuable inputs, it was nice speaking to you.

yea… i was also wondering the same thing…
where the hell is VIKAS !! ? :confused:

i think its time for me to come visit u… buhuhaha…!

oh n i stopped cause FN wont pay me anymore !

Hi Vikas, it is good to see U back, thanks a lot, as we spoke earlier(long long time back) I am planning to set up my polyhouse near bangalore(Talking to horiculture department to move my project).Need some help from you VIks, can you share your number to me please( I lost my mobile and all contacts are gone), you can mail me to soori.2980@gmail.com… Thanks buddy

Don’t even expect a response when you address Vivek/Viks as Vikas.

It is some kind of a trap he set up, I know. :slight_smile:

oops!! thats my mistake, was lost in some thoughts and… sorry for the typo VIKS alias VIVEK. Please don’t mind it dude and thanks a lot @Chandra for picking up… by the way, he asked you something about not paying etc… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I second our leader VIKS :slight_smile: :slight_smile: hail Viks ;D

Hi Vivek,

Can I have your phone number or address in Nasik, I would like to visit your site. My mail ID is wajeedbhai@gmail.com

Thanks,

Wajeed

hey Wajeed & soori!
yea soori… i think i remember we spoke ages ago…
good to see your going for what you wanted… take it step by step, and PREPARE well…

ok now a common message for all of us… we all always have to remember that we are a GROUP, and the more people are aware/involved… the better… thats the reason why FN is in existence.

so please please just ask ur queries… you wont be disappointed… in fact i can guarantee u’ll learn something new…

Vivek

hey Srikanth,

all that u see in this post is all that i have.no pdf or ppt. i am heavily lagging on new info… but i myself dont know what to share…

waiting for something exciting to happen that i can share. so now that i have nothing to tell… why dont u tell us what is your crop of interest ? or anything you found amusing that you would like to share Srikanth ?

Vivek

hey all!
well i found this amazing video… makes a lot of sense…
it educates us about the reasoning as to why combinations of crops are suggested to be grown together, characteristics of different plants, nutrients + the video gives a LOT of other info which we normally are not aware of.

really great video, i must say! like it if you learned something new and also for it made u smile :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=u2GWd2j3qJ8

Vivek

why dont u just admit that u missed me Chandra ? :sunglasses: