Goat farm solutions!

Goat sellers are doing lot of false things like tatooing a goat with names like “Allah” “786” “Quran” etc to sell their Eid goats at very high rates to earn a high revenue, so beware of these goat sellers when you enter the local market to purchase the Eid goats.A buck with above names are sold for 1-5lakhs.
check this article of times articles.timesofindia.indiati…rice-customers

and midday article showing a video of a 5.5lakh rs Eid goat mid-day.com/news/2009/nov/28 … Shaikh.htm
regards,
dr.shaikh
www.osmanabadigoat.com

1.Name of scheme:Centrally Sponsored Scheme - Integrated Development of Small Ruminants and Rabbits

Where to apply for scheme
All Scheduled Commercial Banks
All Scheduled (Primary) Urban Cooperative Banks
All RRBs/ADFCs/SCBs/SCARDBs(National)

Subsidy

under NABARD
a)10% for rearing of goats and sheeps,10% is margin money(10% of total project cost have to be deposited by self).
b)25% for breeding of goats and sheeps (for open category) and 33.3% (reserved caste),25% is margin money.

reply here with your district and state to know your NABARDs adress.

regards,
dr.shaikh
www.osmanabadigoat.com

Hello FarmNest,

I am in the process of setting up a 100 goat farm in Andhar Pradesh, Can someone have already goat farm and have experience. What kind of returns we can expect.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Fellow Farmnest,

Can someone suggest the grass seeds for my goat and where can i get in Karnataka or Andhra pradesh. Please provide the diffrent kind of grass seeds for year long.

thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dear bpypathala,
we are in goat farming since years,you can mail us at contact@goatfarm.co.in for any goat farming assistance.
you can use alfa alfa grass seeds for your goat farm,and co4 slips to cultivate as goat fodder.You will get alfa alfa seeds from any agriculture seed shop.
regards,
dr.shaikh
www.osmanabadigoat.com

2.Goat farming scheme of Gram Panchyat.
Where to apply:Livestock development office/Animal Husbandry Department/Collectors office of gram panchyat at respective district.
Under Gram panchyat there is a 10+1 scheme(10 female and 1 male goat) are insured and supplied to small farmers at taluka places.
The farmer then has to repay the goats amount in small installment for 3-5 years that too interest free.Here there is no subsidy and no margin money.
Present scheme varies from state to state.

Regards,
dr.Shaikh
www.osmanabadigoat.com

Goat Milk vs Cow Milk
Here are 5 reasons goat milk is better than cow milk.

1. Goat’s milk is less allergenic.
  2. Goat’s milk is naturally homogenized.
  3. Goat’s milk is easier to digest.
  4. Goat’s milk rarely causes lactose intolerance.
  5. Goat’s milk matches up to the human body better than cow’s milk.

According to ScienceDaily (July 31, 2007) — Researchers have carried out a comparative study on the properties of goats’ milk compared to those of cows’ milk. They found reason to believe that goats’ milk could help prevent diseases such as anemia and bone demineralization. Goats’ milk was found to help with the digestive and metabolic utilization of minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.

Regards,
dr.shaikh
www.osmanabadigoat.com

I want to start goat farm at solapur dist. of Maharashtra, I need to know what is a subsidy given by Maharashtra Govt, & how do i get Finance from banks.

Regards,
Faiyaz Patel

Dear Faiyaz Patel,
Follwing are the schemes for goat farming
1.Presently there is 25% subsidy for open category and 33.3% subsidy for reserve category offered by Maharashtra state govt under NABARD.
2.10% subsidy on total project amount under MCED, Industrial Development scheme.
3.10+1 scheme
4.72,000 Rs are sanction to buy goats at 0% interest rate and with 50% subsidy for open category and 75% subsidy for Reserved caste and women’s.

To avai Loan/finance for 1 &2 no. schemes from bank You must have to keep your farm land or any other property as security. For 3 & 4 no schemes you wont need to show any security, but you must have your own farm land as these schemes are strictly for farmers .Also you need goat farm project report to show the returns.
Regards,
Dr.shaikh

www.osmanabadigoat.com
www.goatfarm.co.in
www.goatfarming.net

25 pc subsidy for goat, rabbit rearing
Mangalore, Jan 20, 2012, DHNS:
Only two more months left to avail facility, say officials

The NABARD Assistant General Manager Prasad Rao said that 25 per cent subsidy will be given to those farmers who engage themselves in goat and rabbit rearing.

Speaking at a training on goat and rabbit rearing organised under ‘Atma 2011-12 scheme’ of the Department of Animal Husbandry, he said the cost for a unit with 42 goats (40 female and 2 male) is Rs one lakh.

The cost of unit for rearing 500 female goats and two males will be Rs 25 lakh, of which, the farmer will get a subsidy of Rs 6.25 lakh.

About 10 per cent of the total cost should be borne by the farmer. The remaining fund can be raised through bank loan.

Even for rearing rabbits, one will have to spend a sum of Rs 2.2 lakh per unit, for which a subsidy of 25 per cent will be given. In case if the farmer belongs to SC/ST community, then he will get a subsidy of 33 per cent.

Lead Bank Manager Hemanth Bhide said the lead bank has earmarked Rs 2.5 crore towards rearing goats during 2011-12.

However, below Rs one lakh has been utilised till December.

“There are two successful goat rearing centres in Udupi. Inspite of loans, the farmers are not coming forward to avail the facility. Two months are remaining to utilise the available loan. As many as four farmers have come forward to avail the subsidy facility,” he said.

He said that there are 80 per cent of people who own less than one acre land in Dakshina Kannada. A large number of people own five cents land. There are 330 milk producers’ primary society. Lead bank has started a campaign to provide loan for dairy farming in the district. Along with rearing cattle, the small farmers can also rear goats. Rearing goat is easier than rearing cattle, he added. Zilla Panchayat Standing Committee on Agriculture and Industry President Naveen Kumar Menala said the farmers face problem, if they venture into farming without proper knowledge.

Atma scheme committee member and Agriculture department joint director Padmaiah Naik said many a time farmers grow one crop when there is demand for it. When the prices decrease, they start worrying. Instead, farmers should engage themselves in integrated farming.

Syndicate Bank regional office Deputy General Manager G S Shenoy presided. Deputy Director of department of animal husbandry Dr K V Halagappa and others were present. As many as 80 farmers took part in training.

Link Pasted below for quick Reference

deccanherald.com/content/220 … abbit.html

MadhuKali

P.P.R(Peste Des Petits Ruminants/Sheep and goat plague) Vaccination plays an important role in maintaining an immunity against several diseases like constipations ,high fever, pneumonia, rhinitis,dehydration and weakening of tooth enamels. So farmers should have to provide P.P.R vaccine to their goats and sheep once in a 3 year. All sheep and goats above 4 month age can be vaccinated. The vaccination during the outbreak may or may not be useful but it is not harmful. In case of newly purchased animals, vaccination is preferred only after a quarantine period of 21 days in order to rule out exposure of animals to PPR virus just prior to purchase. If no quarantine facility is available then vaccinate the animals immediately after purchase.1 ml of P.P.R vaccine is injected subcutaneously per goat or sheep.

P.P.R vaccine has several side effects like-Immense pain after injection, development of tumours on skin (non malignant),feeding capacity decreases for several days, risk of abortions and miscarriages.Inspite of these side effects,goats and sheeps must have to be vaccinate for P.P.R to increase the immunity against several mortal diseases.

The Government of Maharashtra has providing this vaccine to sheeps and goats, at just 1Rs per goat/sheep .Also Government of Maharashtra is conducting lots of awareness programs under livestock development offices to vaccinate the goats and sheeps against several fatal diseases, which causes severe financial loss to farmers.Courtesy-starmajha.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
www.goatfarming.net
www.osmanabadigoat.com

Hi All,

Can you please suggest the best breed to grow in the Anantapur Area, Andhra Pradesh. Anantapur is very hot in summer and less rain. Where can i buy the breed near by area, I don’t want to go far away to buy as the animal will suffer while transporting and it will require more time to settle down in new place.

Thanks in advnace,

Dear bpypathala,
Osmanabadi goats are best suitable for Andhra Pradesh’s climatic conditions.Osmanabadi goats gets easily adapted to change in any climatic conditions(very hot,cold and humid conditions).Osmanabadi goats has high resistant power against diseases as compare to any other goat breed,has high palatability of meat and high milk and kid yielding capacity.
In Andhra Pradesh you can buy this breed from Rajmohan at Warangal Dist,S.R.R Thota.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
www.goatfarm.co.in

Dear sir,

I am M.Vasim from Delhi. I keep goats last 8 years in my house. Now i have 8 goats but now i am planning to start a goat farm. I saw a land in utter pardesh near 120km from my hometown. I am also shift there to start the farm. I want to start with minimum 50 or 100 goats of barbari breed. So please suggestion me. How much land and money require for this project? any bank or financial authority are available near my area. Please reply. thank you.

regards
M.Vasim

Dear M.Vasim,
For 100 goats you requires 4000sqft of hard land for shed,and 5 acres of fertile land to cultivate and feed 100 goats and their kids through out the year.The cost required depends on the cost of breed in your area.Bank provides loan only after having security of enough property like land or building.so if you have enough amount of secuirity and good relations with bank,then any nationalized bank provides you the loan for goat farming.After getting the loan you can apply to NABARD for 25% subsidy,but main condition of NABARD is that you must avail the loan from any nationalized bank.
Regards,
DR.Shaikh
www.goatfarm.co.in

Village women use mobile power to become successful goat farmers in Tamil Nadu - check this link -The Times of India-
timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city … ttarget=no

www.osmanabadigoat.com
www.goatfarming.net

could you please explain me

1.what are monocot fodder and Dicot fodders ( Co4, Fodder Sorghum, Fodder cholam, lucerene, legumes, velimasal, guinea grass, subabul, etc)

2.Breeding goat and meat goat has the same ratio of concentrate mix? could you please provide the ratio of mix?

3.also how much green fodder / Dry fodder a goat needed ( For Malabari and Sirohi Goats) every day
( Is there a % based on its body weight for it?)

Thanks

Dear gunaguha,
Monocot and dicot fodder depends on its type of seeds.
1.Lucern,Velimisal (hedge lucern),legumes are the dicot fodder crops whereas the cholam(maize),sorghum are monocot fodder crop,co4 and guinea grass are slips and subabul is a tree which are widely used as fodder crops in goat farming.A balance compositon of these crops provides good results(enhances the growth rate of kids and miliking ability in does).
2.Yes breeding goats and meat goats has the same ratio of concentrated mixture,but the quantity changes in breeding goats and meat goats.rtaio is provided on our website-http://www.osmanabadigoat.com/Updatesmore.aspx
3.Fodder requirement in goats depends on their body weight.They eats daily 5%-10% of their body weights fodde,r which includes 75% of green fodder and 25% of dry fodder.For example a goat of 40 kg weight eats daily approximately 3 kg of greed fodder and 1 kg of dry fodder inclusive of concentrated fodder. However eating capacity of goats decreases severely during diseases.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
www.osmanabadigoat.com
www.goatfarm.co.in

Hi Dr,

THANKS FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Is Azolla feeding is part of the concentrate mix? or is azolla considered as a dry feed?

Hi Dr,

another question

what’s the daily feeding schedule of a goat ie: how many times do you feed them, out of that what time of the day the green fodder is given, dry fodder is given, concentrate mix is to be fed

Thanks