Goat farm solutions!

REPECTED SIR ,

PLEASE GIVE THE FODDER AND CONCENTRATION CHART FOR BREEDING AND FATTENING GOATS(OSMANABADI OR THALACHERI) AND WHAT IS FCR(FOOD CONVERSION RATIO )OF THE ABOVE.AND WHICH IS CORRECT AGE OF THE FATTENING ANIMAL SHOULD BE SALE.

REPECTED SIR ,

PLEASE GIVE THE DAILY FODDER AND CONCENTRATION CHART FOR BREEDING AND FATTENING GOATS(OSMANABADI OR THALACHERI) AND WHAT IS FCR(FOOD CONVERSION RATIO )OF THE ABOVE.AND WHICH IS CORRECT AGE OF THE FATTENING ANIMAL SHOULD BE SALE.

REPECTED SIR ,

PLEASE GIVE THE FODDER AND CONCENTRATION CHART FOR BREEDING AND FATTENING GOATS(OSMANABADI OR THALACHERI) AND WHAT IS FCR(FOOD CONVERSION RATIO )OF THE ABOVE.AND WHICH IS CORRECT AGE OF THE FATTENING ANIMAL SHOULD BE SALE.

I have to prepare that chart from my experience, ,will post u soon as i m some busy nowdays.

Hi,

Kindly inform me from which bank I can obtain loan for goat farming and procedure as well.

Thanks.

please… no one is helping me out…

Dear umair jafar,
U can get loan under two schemes.
1.NABARD
2.Industrial
for NABARD u can get maximum of 5 lakh loan with 25%-50% subsidy on loan amount.Only nationalized bank can provide you loan under this scheme.Banks keeps your farm land for security purpose.In both schemes first u have to agree the bank to provide u loan.For that u have to submit project report and other NABARD Documents.In both schemes 10% is margin money,the money which u have to deposit in bank.

Under industrial scheme u will get 25lakh of loan with 10% subsidy on loan interest rate and not on amount.Corporate or nationalised bank keeps the land for security purpose.

With regards,
dr.Shaikh
www.goatfarm.20m.com

Hi,
I was keen on setting upgoat farm… So can u pls mail the project cost. Pls mention the initial cost ans then fixed cost and the profit idea and the land size required… This will help me in making up my mind. Thanks. ashishsharma@adelki.com

Reply is mail to you.

Hi,
Sorry i have not recieved ur mail

I am keen in setting up a got farm. I have some questions, can some one help me out on it??
A. In initial stage what unit size is affordable?
B. When shall we expect return from a goat farm?
C. Best breed to be handled?
D. When a calf is born, on which age it is ready to sale? What will be the wait at that time(aprox)?
E. In tamil nadu goat meat cost around RS: 350 to 400. What would the affordable rate in which a goat can be sold in live to a butchler.?
F. For a 100 got farm, How much land is required for green fooder cultivation?

Dear Friend / Experts,
I am keen on knowing the aspect of dairy farming. I have 4 acres land which i want to turn into a farm. I have Cows and goats in mind to start. Can u guide me which one is more profitable and the do and dont of both the breed. Also how to work on the project from start till end as it will help me in making up my mind.
Thanks,
Ashish Sharma

A.At initial stage only 100+5 unit size is affordable.
B.You will get returns at the end of 1st year. your investment amount+ 10%-20% profit at end of 1st year,only with pure osmanabadi breed as per my experience

C.No doubt osmanabadi breed is the best to handle.
D.When a kid is born at the age of 6 months its ready to sale
E.The affordable rate of 6 months kids should be 250-280 rs/kg.And any butchler is ready to buy kids at that rate.
F.5 acres land is required with co4 grass.And 8-10 acres with other grass.

with regards,
dr.shaik
www.goatfarm.20m.com

Dear ashishsharma,
goat farm is always profitable,just follow any goat farm project report and you will get the idea.
I can only say about goat farm as i m doing it.
With regards,
dr.Shaikh
www.goatfarm.20m.com

Article on Buying of 1-2 goats from your local goat market.

1.First of all u must have to decide which goat breed do you want to buy from market coz market contains mix type of goat breed.U must have to know its specifications means how its body,ears,nose,height,weight,colour,toes,tail,hairs,teeths and tongue.U should easily distinguish between your breed and other breed.
For example,you want to buy osmanabadi breed,then u should easily distinguish between osmanabadi pure and hybrid osmanabadi breed,jamunapari or sirohi.

2.The market contains 90% of useless goats.The goat farmers are selling them coz that goat is not yielding milk or kids or have disease problem.Suppose if u are a goat farmer and u have 10 goats on your farm and u are selling one goat out of 10 ,coz u want some money,so which goat u will sell.Definetly the goat which yields less,coz u r not geeting to much profit from it.Same case with the farmers.Only 10% goats are the best breeding goats.So u shouldn’t buy 20-30 goats at a time.Buy it in steps.
Now the farmers have become very clever,before selling them their goat in market,they wash them properly and puts some hair oil on their skin and massages them,so the goat shines and looks very attractive and the buyer buys them at any cost without knowing the disease or other problems that goat has.By Buying of this goat you will definetly be in loss.
So for more profit u have to buy healthy disease free goat.
U will not know the problem(disease,milking ability,kidding ability) that goat has only just by seeing it.Even a veteirnary doctor cant say its milking ability or kidding ability just by seeing it,he has to breed goat in his farm for atleast 4-5 days then he will knows that.The milking ability is known only when its starts milking and same with kidding.U can detect minor diseases even major diseases are not detected just by seeing the goat.
Means when u are buying goat,from goat market u have to buy it blindly and now its your fate wheter the goat yeilds or not.

Here are some of the tips of to buy a healthy goat.
*look for the standing appearance of goat.She should stand properly on four legs and walk with no difficulty.Back legs should be of slightly slanting.
*above the nostril there are little little drops of water,the diseased goat has dry nostril.
*last 2 ribs can be easily seen from behind
*both the mamary glands should be of same size not uneven.Most of the farmers keeps their goat unmilking for 1 day before selling them in market.Due to this the mamary glands gets enlarge in size,and the buyer gets easily fooled by seeing such huge mamary glands.So beware of it.
*goat should move her tail and ears freely.
*look for teeths and tongue
and around mouth if she has some symptoms of mastits.
*look for skin,for itching or has any injury or dog bite.
*place some fodder infront of goat and look wheter she eats or not.A goat with high fever and influenza doesnt eats that.
*look for normal stool(pills,droplets).Loose faeces shows signs of endotexmia,diarhhea.
*ask some questions to seller when its vaccinated,how much kids its yield,how much time got previously pregnant,how are the kids born.The seller must have to answer all questions without any hesistations.This proves that the goat is of his own and not steal or buyed from other farmer for comission or cut.
3.Agents/brookers
When u enter the market,lots of people will ask u what u want?And These are the agents/brookers/dalals
They will tell you that they have lot of knowledge regarding goats and will provide u the best breeding goat at low cost.But all is fake,they just want their cut or comission.They take cut from two sides one from you and the other from farmer.So dont look at them and dont take them with you while buying a goat.Some agents wont take any cut from you,but after selling goat they takes it from farmer.So beware of brookers/agents while buying a goat.

More goat farm updates will be posted soon.
With regards,
dr.Shaikh
www.goatfarm.20m.com
smymbbs5372@rediffmail.com

1 Like

Dear sir,

I must tell you your free advice is very much taken with gratefulness. Thank you

I know absolutely nothing about goat farming but as they say, it is not rocket science. Well, I am a fast learner too. I am a writer of English books on various subjects.

I represent a group of 2000 poor people who can put up a capital of Rs. 100 every month regularly. The first month capital will be Rs. 2,00,000 ; second, Rs. 2,00,00 will be added and so on. As a year ends, the capital will be Rs. 24,00,000.

Since they are ready to pay this Rs. 100 even for many many years, they are ready to wait for one year to get returns on their investment.

I have zeroed in on goat farming as a reasonable venture for them to engage in.

1. All the farm hands will be chosen from among them. Accounts will be maintained by some qualified people among them. Accounts will be an open book.

2. The proposal is to locate the farm in accessible area to them so they can visit it at any time.

3. This way they can see for themselves what is being done with their money and how no one is swindling.

Can you please propose a viable project with these points as the focus?

The farm will be located in Erode district, Tamil Nadu

Thank you and best regards

dear goatee
kindly elaborate your plan regarding rearing of goats.

dear sundarsmnm,
here is your goat feeding chart

Ingredients Kid ration Growing Ration Lactating Goat Ration Pregnant goat Ration

Maize 37 15 52 35

Pulses 15 37 — —

Oil Cakes 25 10 8 20

Wheat Bran 20 35 37 42

Mineral Mixture 2.5 2 2 2

Common salt 0.5 1 1 1

Total 100 100 100 100

dr.shaikh
www.osmanabadigoat.com
smymbbs53722rediffmail.com

EID is almost one-month onward. Henceforth, There are 20% hike in goat’s prices(Bucks). They will perhaps get double, 2-3 days before EID, check your local market. At least, 50% hike in goat’s price is assured in any part of the country 2-3 days before EID.
This year seems to be great for a goat farmers for selling their bucks.
However, three years back the EID goat market was crashed due to slashing prices of sacrificial Eid goats by at least 50 per cent .check this article of midday posted in 2009 mid-day.com/news/2009/nov…yaz-Shaikh.htm

regards,
dr.shaikh
www.goatfarm.co.in
www.osmanabadigoat.com

Goat meat prices are going to rise by 20%-30%.
After the hike in diesel prices and octroi the meat prices are going to be hike by 20%-30% as it happens every time after the rise in diesel prices. Check this article from times of India posted on jan 2011,nearly two years back timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c…rWSZUyG4.email

regards,
dr.shaikh
www.osmanabadigoat.com
www.goatfarm.co.in
smymbbs5372@rediffmail.com