Farm Fencing

Dear Gurus

I’m looking for options for fencing my 10 acre land. Have received quotes for Solar Fencing, but a little skeptical with it. I want a rather safe and cost-effective fencing to be done to the farm. Can you please suggest me the best and cost effective methods other than live fencing?

My farm is located in Pallikonda, near Vellore in Tamilnadu. It is 25 kms from Vellore on the Chennai-Bangalore highway. Any references in this area is very much welcome.

The farm is bordered with general pathway on the entire length on one length and breadth, has other agricultural lands on the other sides. Wild Boars are the main menace and cattle/human trespassing also need to be contained.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Regards
Deepak Prasanna S

Farm%20land%20boundaries

Dear Sir

I am trying to fence my 6.80 acre land (2700ft perimeter) near Rapthadu, Anantapur, with 10mm Chain Link mesh.
Is there anyone who can deliver the Chain mesh?

Kindly share any numbers, thanks

Regards
Anand

1 Like

Conventional fences use prefabricated rolls, plain wires or barbed wire to create a physical stock-proof barrier. Electric fences rely on a psychological barrier created by an electric shock to prevent the stock from crossing the fence.
The most appropriate fence design will depend on a number of factors:
The type of animal needing to be kept in or out - different animals have different fencing requirements. Cattle for instance place much higher pressures on fences than sheep.
Whether the fence is an internal fence or boundary fence - boundary fences may need to be sturdier than internal fences. Barbed wire may be recommended for boundary fences.
The topography of the site - does the fence pass through gullies or up steep slopes and other issues such as whether the fence will have to withstand floods or fire.
Other landholders and local fencing suppliers can help determine the most suitable fence for your application.

Dear Yugaa,

Can you upload the photos of your fencing?

Dear yugaa,

Please share me the price details and where is availability in market.

My contact number 9949951480.

What is the cost of GI wire n poles for the same.

i came across a new method where galvanized steel angles are used as poles. these are anchored to land using cement concrete. advantage is it cannot break like stone or concrete poles. pole length is 10 feet.

I am getting it done here in Gurgaon with a DIY approach.
similar to this article: https://www.homedepot.com/c/ah/how-to-install-a-chain-link-fence/9ba683603be9fa5395fab90a8b4786a

I bought 3 mm GI chain link fence @ 54 Rs per KG.
Poles I got made for 650 Rs per pc with 8 ft length of 2 inch steel pipe, with powder coating and a one feet angle at bottom.

Can you post a photo please

R Chandramouli

650 a piece would be super expensive, isn’t it?
Or were you saying 65?

Yes, its 650 per pc
Its a 2 inch steel pipe of 8 ft height. Weight is approx 10 kgs.
Along with it, there is powder coating to prevent rust plus a one feet angle on bottom to fix in concrete.

instead of steel pipe, you could have purchased L shaped angle bar of 8 feet. would have costed half the price providing same strength,

You should write your experience on this. Would be helpful for others.

Dear Pankaj,

Please upload photos of your fencing and poles.

Dear Friends

Can you educate me on this.

I would like to start this in my village near Bangalore.

R Chandramouli

i would suggest to go for MS angle as this is very hard compared to concrete pole which can wither within 5-10 years. if you give good concrete base for MS angle then uprooting it will be tough.

if you still dont want to go steel angle then go for stone poles.

instances of theft can occur with steel or GI poles . Concrete or granite poles are heavier and useless to the thief .

Hello,

I have started fencing my 2 acre farm near Banavathi - Arudi.
I purchased Stones of 7 feet for 210rs. IF anyone wants I can share the stone supplier number.
The charges included transport till my farm land & unloading.

yet to decide on Barbwire or Netted or Solar fence.

Please give me the contact number