Many years back our farm was fenced using barbwire and concrete pillars... Due to neglegence, the pillars were destroyed and the wire at most places were stolen.
This is what we are doing now.
1. Trying to utilise as much existing resources in terms on pillars & barb wires.
2. Strong straight branches of a thorny tree named "Shemti" in "Marathi" are used as stumps/pillars where the pillars are missing.. These branches will convert into dense bush.
3. Existing wire will be used to fence on the above mentioned pillar. Only 2 lines will be used.
4. Intermediate locations will have other thorny combinations of berries or "Sagargota" or other thorny saplings
5. Will have to buy barb wire if the existing amount is inadequate.
1. Will this approach be good enough to keep out 4 or 2 legged intruders?
2. Which would be the cheap-durable balance option of Barbed Wire
3. Any trusted barbwire vendors around Mumbai, Thane, Kalyan?