Dairy Farming - knowledgebase and resources

Dear Khan,

Yesterday I had been to his place,but I could not meet him.
The cows looks like pure HF and good yielding and he has many links in that area
As he said,will there be any cows near to his place which gives 20-25Ltrs in first lactation?
He is very much confident on it.Does it true?

Regards
Sheshaprasad

Dear all,

I need a chaff cutter of 5 Hp,can anyone suggest me which make I have to buy and any dealers in Bangalore.

Regards,
Sheshaprasad

Dear all,

While making maize sailage,do we need to add salt,jaggery,urea and other things?
Is it required,since I found in UP,they do not add any of these instead they make as best compression as possible and tight it so that
no air and water are allowed inside. Even I have seen many people in case Napier sailage they add all these.
Please let me share your thoughts.

Regards,
Sheshaprasad

HI FRIENDS,

I WANT TO START A DAIRY FARM IN JHUNJHUNU RAJASTHAN WITH 5 H.F. COWS{50 IN 3 YEARS}…CAN ANYONE PLS HELP ME TO KNOW THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCCESS…FROM WHERE I CAN GET GREEN FODDER NEARBY,COST OF DRY N GREEN FODDER,NAME OF THE MILK CO OPERATIVE SOCIETY THERE,PLZ HELP ME OUT,I LL BE VERY GREATFUL,THANX FARM NEST FOR THIS FORUM,KEEP IT UP

Hi friends

My name is Unnikrishnan,interested in starting a dairy farm,imam doin this for the first time, need all your supporting advise, pls touch down at bangaloreunnikrishnan@gmail.com,

Awaiting your help and response

Thanks
Unnikrishnan

Hi Unnikrishnan,

Please post any specific questions you may have.

A generic help request won’t be of much use.

Hello Gentleman !

Please make it clear that, How to start the Dairy Farm, What are the basic requirements we needed, How to get training and where, what is the minimum capital investment required to produce a 100 liters of Milk /Day ? Of course ! it’s all depend upon, how much they give and also it’s not constant anyway. Also what are the Government subsidy for Dairy farm? Do we have any authorized suppliers to provide our requirements for the Dairy farm?

Thanks in advance to see your reply.

Hi, please browse through the forum threads, most of these have been discussed.

Thanks for quick reply. let me go through, if any required specific details …i’ll let you know. Thanks once again.

Mr.Sundaram Potluri,

Read this thread from the first page. Everything is there for a beginner.

Murali Krishnan

Dear Mr. Murali krishnan,

Thanks for your suggestion. If required any guidance I will let you know.

I am interested in dairy farming. Please suggest where I can get training for the same. I live in UP. Thanks

Dairy Farm management is much different from the other livestock activities and reproduction plays a significant role in dairy farming. Management should utilize all methods to monitor and improve the performance of all cows in the group. It is essential for the farm owners and the staff to understand the basic functions of the reproductive system and the nutritional aspects. Nutrition must be watched carefully during the mature and productive stages of life. It should also be watched carefully during the developmental stages too. Wrong nutritional recommendations to young calves and heifers might result in a having a negative influence in the entire life cycle of an animal. The environment in which the animals are reared also plays a major role in both reproduction and production. The degree of estrus display will be limited in cows housed in tie stall barns. Lack of knowledge in the people looking after the farm, contributes to false estrus detection. So, be very sharp in observing your cows.  Calf rearing will act as a major revenue earner for the farmers in 2 years time. You can sell it for Rs.65,000/- to 70,000/-  as a pregnant cow or just delivered cow. So plan it carefully.

Murali Krishnan
srivinayakatvm@gmail.com

dear sir

any one kindly send milking methods details…

Procedures for milking:-

1. Clean the shed well, remove dung and cow feed on the floor.
  2. Clean the cows.
  3. Wash the udder. Wipe it with dry cloth or disposable napkins.
  4. Avoid feeding cows at the time of milking.
  5. Milker must wear a head cover, must have short nails, clean dress.
  6. Stainless steel utensils may be used for milking.
  7. Milking Machines preferably having oil free vacuum pump, avoiding recurring expenses for the farmer and oil free pneumatic pulsator to be used having opposite teat pulsation, one at a time and not all 4 at a time, very old technology.
  8. Leave the cows/buffaloes free at the time of milking.
  9. Presence of strangers must be avoided while milking.
  10. Milking cows will take 6-8 minutes irrespective of their yield.
  11. Milking buffaloes might take little longer due to multiple let downs unlike cows.
  12. Milk must be chilled immediately after milking below 4 degree C.
  13. Milking machines portable type recommended below 6 cows.
    14.  Fixed type machines with 1-2 cans, 4-5 cans, 8-10 cans available. With 1 can you can milk 8-10 cows in one hour.
  14. Milking can be done with hands but need skilled persons not seen or available these days.
  15. For small herd, bucket milking machines are enough. But for large herd, parlour milking with milk measurement recommended.
            Rotary, Parallel, Herringbone, Midiline or swing type parlours are there.

Murali Krishnan
srivinayakatvm@gmail.com

Electrically operated Milking Machines is the modern way to milk cows . We buy machines to avoid manual labour, dependency on Labour, to save time, maintains hygiene, and most importantly to get clean milk completely within the time frame.

1-5 buffaloes/cows: Trolley mounted milking machines.
5-10 buffaloes/cows: Fixed type milking machine with 1 can
10-25 buffaloes/cows: Fixed type milking machine with 2 cans.
25-50 buffaloes/cows: Fixed type milking machine with 5 cans
100-200 buffaloes/cows: Fixed type milking machine with 10 cans.

Milking Machines attached with Gensets available for places where there is no power.

Murali Krishnan
srivinayakatvm@gmail.com

thank you for your suggestion…

sir

i was started with 4 animal (2 Bafalows &2 HF Cows).
So kindly suggest to me which machine is best.
if any dealer are know ple share to me…

Its better to use fixed type milking systems with single can cluster assembly. You can milk 8-10 cows in one hour. Better buy machines with pneumatic pulsator. For 1 or 2 can milking, oil free machines available. Message me your number. I will pass it to the concerned people there.

Murali

thank you sir

my mobile no 8978332255

Dear sir

Can you tell me of difference of
Vacuum Type : Piston milking machine & oil Type & Dary Vacuum Machine.

which one better for dairy farm.