What is the market price of Casuarina Tree(Savukku Maram)

I have four hectares of Casuarina Tree(Savukku) in cuddalore district ,Tamil nadu and its around four years old.I would like to sell now,May i know the market price per hectare/ton.

Thanks
Gopalakrishnan C

http://agritech.tnau.ac.in/forestry/contract_farming_pulpwood.html

Check this site and call them before deciding on the rates./\

1 Like

Thanks for the information

Hi Mr. Chakkaravarthy,

I am in similar situation like you with few acres of 4 years old Casuarina, If you were successful in spotting the market rates, can you please share the same here for the benefits of others.

Regards.
Anand

Sure,Now Brokers were bidding for very less price.

1 Like

Where is the location and expected price

Location is Near Panruti ,Cuddalore District,I am expecting around 1 lac to 1.1 lac per acre.

Howmany trees in one acre. Send me picture to my whatsapp number 9443611234

1 Like

Last year TNPL ( Karur ) procured 8000 ton Casuarina and Eucalyptus pulp wood trees felled by cyclone @ of Rs 5,575 and Rs 5,000 per ton factory gate rate .
Most of the paper manufacturing companies obtained raw materials to the extent of 49% from government sources, 12 % from own contract plantation sources and 39 % from market sources.
Third party ( timber tender supplier ) procure pulpwood tree @ C&F rate of Rs 4.000-4,500 per ton .
Pulp wood plant nursery is a smart agro business concept , than the pup wood tree plantation

Hi Selvamani,

I am not sure about the excat numbers of tree count per acre.Its better to evaluate in tons then we will get some picture.I will share the picture to given numer.Shall i contact over phone to this number.

ok,thank you for the valuable input.I called TNPL Karur and they were telling to harvest the tree by oursell and peel out the outer layer then they will buy.It involves labour cost to cutt the trees,peeler machince rent price,Transpotation cost .TNPL Quoting 5575 pern ton.So not sure how much effort involved and how much we can save .

1 Like

Growing trees along with crops are known as Agroforestry !
Agroforestry is derived from ecology and is one of the three principle land-use science., other two are agriculture and forestry .
Agroforestry systems having several variations viz. forest farms silvopastures , intercropped fields etc .
Agroforestry is for environmental security !
Agroforestry can adopt to harsh climatic events is greater than agriculture because it is playing an important role in ecosystem services by preventing land degradation , coping with various vagaries of climate .
Agroforestry contributes to soil based ecosystem , above ground and below ground organic inputs that provide food and nutrients needed for soil organisms involved in carbon transformation and nutrient cycling .
Agroforestry system captures water resources from the deep soil layers beyond the reach of crops . Crop roots in drier surface soil may benefit hydraulic lift of water by trees .
Agroforestry trees litter on soil surface and increases the activity of soil biota and reduces exposure of the soil . This can improves water infiltration into the soil and reduces surface runoff .

Agroforestry trees helps to reduce evaporative demand of crops per unit of photosynthesis by lowering windspeed and higher humidity under trees partially compensates increase water use .
Agroforestry trees act as a safety net by capturing leached from topsoil .
Agroforestry trees also reduce specific diversity of weed stand and lead to a change in biomass distribution between weed species .

All I can say man made commercial plant species forest or plantation in the crop land for high monetary gain is a wrong methodology and a well designed scam !
It’s perfect for waste and barren land !

Though agroforestry contributes to an increase in income with different components

However agriculture is all about learning through trial and error
I think you have learnt a great lesson !

1 Like

Thank you for a clear articulation
R Chandramouli

Hi Chakkaravarthy,

We have casuarina trees in around 10 acres. It’s totaly around 250 tons approximately. I have plan to sale. I need whole sale buyer. Kindly need your help.

Many Thanks,
Ganesh.

Hi Selvamani,

We have casuarina trees in around 10 acres. It’s totaly around 250 tons approximately. I have plan to sale. I need whole sale buyer. Kindly need your help.

Get the details of all market prices here Agriculture market prices

I have 7 Acres of Casuarina Tree(Savukku) at Tindivanam , Villupuram Dist,It’s 5 years old.I would like to sell now,May i know the market price per hectare/ton.

Thanks
Gurunathan

please take the photo and send it my whatsup number +91 9952441310

I have 4 acres of 4.6 years old casurina tree near Chennai minjur.i like to sell it for whole sale buyer …what is the market price per ton near Chennai.

hi ganeshcena , send your details to my whats app number … +918056525498