The forum introductions

Little late in this thread.

I am Sheo Narayan, an IT professional now in farming too !

My farm name is Rameshwari Natural Farm http://www.rameshwari.com/ situated in Amdoor, Patancheru, Hyderabad, India.

I am doing natural farming for last 4 months now, still novice, failing, learning again failing and learning and so on. I will never quit natural farming.

However in just last 4 months learnt a lot about Natural Farming and happy.

Dear Sheo,

Good to see that I have a neighbour now. I am keen to visit your place and meet you in person. Kindly let me know when it is convenient. It would have been very nice if you could provide a google map link to get to your farm.

Wishing you all the very best,

Regards,

T Shanmughan

Hi :slight_smile:

I am Ramesh Kumar and born and brought up in URBAN area and till last ten months, had zero idea about farming and its difficulties. My dad started banana plantation last year in august and interacting with him and surfing on net gave me great respect to the farming community. All my simple understanding says that many farmers in India are poor and will remain poor till they adopt concert marketing strategy like supply their harvest to the end users and all this can be possible when they use IT and sale of their products online to stores or end users so that they can avoid middle men minting hung money.

It will be great help to farmers, if some IT guy or farmnest.com setup separate dedicated website for the sale of Argo products online and educate farmers to sell online.

Correct me if am wrong

Love to interact with all of you

Ramesh Kumar
Engineer by profession

Dear Ramesh Kumar sir, Future for our farming community will be very good and we should concentrate on quality farming and our knowledge should be updated regularly. High and qualitative yields should be aimed. g.p.rao, farmer

Hai Farmer Friends,

i cultivate Mango, Coconut, Cashew gardens in Vizianagaram.

Trying to implement Sri Subash Palekar ZBNF system in my farming.

2 desi cows and 1 desi bull for Jiwamrita, Bijamrita and Ghan-Jiwamrita.

Grown 5 acres MTU-1001 ( vijeta ) variety of Paddy-Rice in last Rabi season.

Going to plant Moringa and Papaya this coming monsoon.

Hi friends

I am supplier of vermicompost, vermicompost pits/beds and earthworms supplier.
I am based in Bangalore.

Farmnest is very important for me because I am learning lots of new things in here, and If I had any doubt in agriculture and I search here there will be answer for it. Its just like wekipedia of agriculure for me.
Thanks and keep posting, share, innovative ideas…

Regards
Prakash HK
Mob: +91 9980400241
www.hkglobalenterprises.com

Hi Varma,

What is your experience with paddy using ZBNF. It would be helpfull if you an you share you thoughts.

Thanks,
Hari

Hi,

I am Joe and farming, particularly natural, and being a farmer has been a long standing dream of mine. Well I dint have much courage to leave my job and take the plunge into farming earlier. But fortunately I decided to take a sabbatical last year and from then slowly have resisted taking up a job. It has been working out well till now. Well I don’t have any land of my own (nor do i intend to own in future). Hopefully I’ll be able to have some amount of success with respect to it. And am trying to farm along with couple of friends of mine near Thrissur in Kerala.

For me, farming is an attempt to be even closer to nature and not just for the monetary returns. Of course, I do require some amount of money to live.

We grow little bit of paddy and are mainly focused on diary farming. And there too we don’t want to depend on Jersey and the HF breed and would like to do something with the local breeds too. So we grow fodder and some vegetables too. It has just been few months and hopefully we would be able to do something meaningful. And would like to reach out to the local farmers in the near future.

Hey guys my name is Jay and I am a Gujarati born and bred in Mumbai ;D …My family has been “passive” farmers for many generations, and someday I intend to take it up actively. I am glad to see this forum, and hopefully I’ll learn a lot from the fine folks on this board, and someday I can hang up my day job to be a full time farmer.

Hello Friends,

My name is Bhavesh. I am an IT professional from Mumbai with lots of interest in farming. The sole interest is the peace of being with mother nature and trying to give something back to the society.
I grow some tomatoes, brinjals and bottle gourds in my flat balcony in Mumbai. I use home made compost. No pesticides or herbicides used.
I plan to leave my current profession and become a full time agriculturist.
I am very much interested in setting up a greenhouse to cultivate tomatoes and capsicum.
Currently looking out for a suitable land post which will plan the next course of action.
I am very much thankful to this forum, especially posts by Vivek and Chandra. It has boosted my morale significantly and i would like to get in to it as soon as possible.
Will keep this forum updated with the progress.
…and one more thing, i love photography. that the second thing i do when i am not taking care of my plants.
You can view my photographs on bhavesh-p.deviantart.com

Hello Friends,

I’m Srini an IT professional entering into farming very soon. I bought an 18 acre red soil land near Ongole, AP recently and its close (100km) to my hometown and looking to start farming over there. I found this portal is so useful for everyone from beginners to experts in farming for learning and sharing, of course I’m just learning now and will take time to share my experience with you folks :-).

For the first two years I’ll be a passive farmer and my brother & father will manage it and I just visit once or twice in a month. Our plan is to start with short term crops in the first year with little investment. As we gain experience from the 2nd year we will begin with layer type farming like some Jack fruits & some wooden plants in some 30% area and continue short term farming in the rest of the land to have a regular income.

Though I found lot of information in this forum, if anyone remember any topics which are suitable for my needs please let me know. Also I appreciate your inputs/corrections in my plan based on your experience.

Thanks,
Srini

Hi Guys,

I introduce myself as Gowtham and I am working as an aeronautical engineer in Spain.I currently possess a small farm of 3 acres near chittoor.I am currently a passive partime farmer and I intend to venture myself completely into farming in future.I would intend to practive multi layer non fertilier farming or mosanobu fukuoka stye farming.

Gowtham
ethnicacres.wordpress.com/

Greetings from SAS Motors Limited - An Introduction

SAS Motors Ltd was incorporated in April 2003 with the mission of making low-cost mechanization technology is available to the Indian Farmers.

Its flagship product is ‘Angad Diesel Hal’ – a gender friendly total solution for mechanization of small farms, that can plough, seed, de-weed, spray, irrigate with the required matching accessories. The company is engaged in manufacturing and marketing of ‘Angad Diesel Hal’.

SAS Motors also provides a range of multi utility agricultural equipment and tractors.

Hi Angad,
Do you have dealers in Tumkur/Bangalore
Thanks.

They have dealer at Ram murthy nagar contact Mr.Ramesh 9972394635 their sales Manager.

Hi Chandra,

I am new member of farmnest. This website is very informative. I would like to thank the whole team of farmnest for it.

I also request to make website easy to use for new user. Easy to use means

1. whatever information new user need he/she can find it easily. For Example: I want to start a Greenhouse project and want some contacts of experts who are already in this business. As of now, i need to read so many post to get it & sometimes even i am not to find that information.
    It is a humble request if you please maintain the database of experts of different fields so that it will be easy for new user to get what they really need.

2. If user is not from agriculture background. There will always be some common questions. A separate section should be there so that in less time maximum & relevant information is provided to the user.

Thanks much!

Regards,
Ankur Saini

Hello Ankur, welcome.

Good points there; however we all volunteer only our free time on this - any member can volunteer to build summary wiki pages on any topic.

Hi,

Myself Rakesh, an IT professional and currently have a 3 acre farm near to Hyd. this season i had corn and Toor planted.
Just had corn harvested. Not a great crop as the crop was purely rain fed, as borewell at my place is almost dry, but happy as a first timer.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone here.

Hello to the farm nest group members,

My name is Bharath from Hyderabad. Basically am a freelance web developer, interested in starting natural farming.

So in the process am gaining knowledge from internet and farmnest discussion board, which will help me in my future aspects.

Thanks for the admin for starting such a wonderful platform for enthusiasts like us in farming.

Regards

Hello All,
Name’s Manish - The New Age Farmer, :wink:

Glad to have found this forum of Indian farmers, consultants and enthusiasts. My last venture before farming grew immensely because of some very good, informative, honest and supportive forums on the net thus i know i’ve hit a goldmine here. Thanks to all the members who help to keep it.

i’m a business grad with about 10 yrs of experience in various field like bpo, F&B, construction and stocks & Intnl currency markets. This last venture got me stuck to a chair, thus i started as an arm-chair farmer. We have small land holding of about 1.5 acres, 20 - 25 kms away from our house in Lucknow, U.P. we bought it for investment need two yrs back and got it cheap as it was a dry patch of land surrounded by a denselly agricultural land bank. My dad would take care of it initially as his hobby and he wanted to see the dry, brown & barren look of the land convert to a good green patch. Since he’s an avid traveler, it was left to me to take care in his absence.

Of late, my reluctance has turned into a challenge and gradually an interest currently. Now i want to take up Farming full time like a pro. In that regard, i’ve already completed one crop of paddy harvest on my land with very poor yield (as it was dry patch, i’m ok with the poor yield) and another 1/2 acre of contract farming of paddy with decent yield. So i’ve already moved up from an “arm-chair-farmer” to “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-your-hands-dirty-farmer.” In current season, already sowed wheat and in the coming paddy season, i already have a contract for 7-8 acres, excluding mine. So that’s a decent start imo.

I have been doing a decent amount of study of various accepts of it. Exciting times ahead for me. Looking for all the support from you all and hope you bear with my barrage of questions.

Cheers & Regards, naf :slight_smile: