The forum introductions

Welcome guys, looking forward to good interactions!

Chandra

Wishing all ,
Iam Prahlad.M.K from bangalore having small farm plot on hesarghatta road (tumkur road). iam from age old farming community at venur near dharmastala (D.K) with paddy as our main crop. now i have extended our farming activity by planting rubber plants in 10 acres of land and areca in 1 acre. iam a proud member of farmnest group, wishes to exchange ideas and solutions regarding farming sector. like minded people from across the group can feel free to contact me over 09844065950 or prahladmk@hotmail.com . let it be purely on self help basis. iam interested in starting vegetable growing in my 1 acre above said plot at bangalore. expecting valuable guidences and suggestions from all corners will be acknowledged.

regards

prahlad.m.k

Namsate :slight_smile:

A warm greetings to all of you. I am new farming aspirants, well educated, handsomely earn, still aspiring to join main stream of farming. I am looking forward to interact, learn, share my experiences and grow with all of you ! I am Dr Amit Pandole from Nagpur.

regards
Amit P

Hi I m Sandesh from Sindhudurga Dist, Maharashtra. I m newbie to farming world. Right now working in Mumbai. Planning to join agri business.

Tnx a lot

Hello Everyone!

I am Suresh Kadly an engineering graduate specially focusing on the issues faced by the farmers and trying find the best possible solutions. Currently focusing on the cotton farmers. If any issues to be noted down kindly message me and i will get back to you in less than 12 hours of time. Thanks and we could all make a very big impact on indian farming.

THANKS

Dear Prahlad sir, Congratulations for your entry to vegetable farming. Overal it is good and remunirative. Only issue is, we should not compete with the local farmers.Their overheads are very less. Most of the vegetable crops are grown by them, but mostly bush varieties and in open farming.

No much competition in Greenhouse growing and Chaparam Tharkari.

Hence I suggest you to grow vegetables in either Greenhouse and/or on Chaparam. Price fluctations are very less and we will get good continuous prices and profitable.

All the best. g.p.rao, farmer

Dear Satyanarayana Manne sir, Hope you are fine sir.

CHAPARAM means PANDHIRI in telugu. On the chaparam we can comfortably grow
Ridge gourd, Bitter gourd, Cucumbers, Bottle gourds, Dhondakaya ( Thondekaya ) , Beans etc .

The above said vegetables will have a good and study market, throught the year and all around the country. Rate fluctuations are very less comparitively like in case of Tomato, Brinjal, onions etc.

with good wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Hi all,

I am Muraleedhara Ullura from Udupi, presently in Bangalore doing profession as Chartered accountants. in between going to my native doing agriculture along with my father.

regards
muraleedhara ullura

Dear Sri Muralidhara, all the best to you. Though you are a chartered accountant, which is a very busy profession, you are sparing some time and doing agriculture along with your father , in between your busy schedule, I appreciate it sir.

Agri is a very good ,not a business and we may call it as a profession ( very respectable ). Try to conecentrate when your time permit and inspire your self.

with good wishes. g.p.rao, farmer

Hi,

This is Avinash from Pune. Recently my family have aquired farming land in Satara. Planning to start distance farming from next year. This year working on planning and studying different factors.

-Avinash

Hi Everyone,

By way of introduction am Nagaraja Shenoy a Chartered Accountant by profession. A passionate Dairy Farmer and founder of dairy which presently has 15 cows. Although my qualification and passion does not match, decided to follow my passion.

Presently, planning to invest into Hydroponic system of fodder growing as well. Wish to expand business to a large scale in future.

My contact details are as under:
shenoyraj21@gmail.com
+91 96322 88277

Please be in touch. All suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Nagaraja

Hello every one
Iam aravind reddy from Hyderabad iam 22 yrs old and iam very much intrested in organic cultivation can i get any guidance from elder and people gud at irganic farming because i want to start my rest of carrier for my dream (organic farming).

Dear Sri Aravind Reddy,

Most welcome to our Forum, which is dedicated for farming community. Wish your dream to be fulfilled. It is a good decision. We advise you to visit possible number of Organic farms and gain knowledge and pose your doubts to the forum and you will get good suitable clarifications.

There are good books on organic farming , and literature available in Agriculture/Horticulture universities, and libraries. Meet the local professors of those universities and try to gather knowledge on Organic farming.

with best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

I Pankaj Bachhuka
from AKOLA (M.S.)
I have several pieces of land ranging from 4 acres to 25 acres of land.

I am an farm enthusiast and am still thinking of starting a farm project looking for a good consultant who can help me through this in AKOLA (M.S.)

Hello Everyone,

I am Abhijeet, Software engg by profession. Having interest in Farming but as of now a total fresher and trying to gather as much information as I can through internet before I can start. by going through various topic on this site I am very excited and feels happy to see people ready to help eachother.
I am having 5 acres of land near Mumbai (Badlapur) where I would like to start farming.
looking for guidance from all the knowledgeable people in this forum.

Thanks,
Abhijeet.