The forum feedback thread

yeahhh like team-bhp

Dear Chandra,

A good overview with tabular statistics would have multiple benefits. Over a period of time, we can have a good ‘searchable’ database of organic farms based on geography, crops, soil, water condition etc…

And taking it one level further, we can even make the farmer update his/her crop plans in advance. For example, if too many people have already sowed tomatoes in the Mysore region, I might as well opt for potatoes :slight_smile:

Having ‘mine-able’ data for some intelligent planning would help the techie farmer immensely…

(is anybody from the Farmnest mgmt team in the loop?? if so, we can get into a software deal here :slight_smile:

given my tryst with online forums and the kinds over the years, I feel what we need to do is look at gathering data for now and forget about cataloguing and arranging till we don’t see quality and quantity in terms of data gathering

as soon as you go inorganic i.e. data tables, strict posting guidelines, structure and nomenclature, inputs will die out

people who are passionate about this will go through this data store irrespective of its structure and format

we should probably introduce a simple score for individual posts (similar to facebook like) that will give an idea about how popular or useful that topic is (you can probably do this in any case by viewing the topic statistics)

let information come in naturally :slight_smile: and maybe look at enhancing the search functionality

Dear balachandhranc,
You are ahead of the times :wink:
While these are all good ideas, we all on the forum are just a drop in the ocean to really make out any demand supply trends from what we cultivate. I agree with brijesh that we first should target quality & quantity and then can look at mining the info to everyone’s benefit.
In fact, even separating out the buy-sell type of posts to a separate ads section so the forum focuses on real ‘discussions’ itself has been a humongous task though results seem to be trickling in by way of a cleaner forum.

Also, hard numbers and figures take away the ‘beauty’ of a farm, don’t you think? :stuck_out_tongue:

brijesh,
Topic rating is a good idea; there is now a new option to search the entire site in the dropdown on the top right of the page. This uses google search and I think is better at pulling out those hidden topics than a regular forum search.

Thanks guys.

We now have Topic Rating functionality. The rating bar is on top of each topic; you cannot rate your own topic.

Enjoy!

Hi Chandra,
Is there anyway that i can subscribe to the threads and that discussion thread is mailed to us. At present, we get the notice that the reply has been posted, can it also contain the reply too?.
regards,
~\hegde\gg

Hi Hegde,

You will find the options to receive the post text, whether you should receive all replies or just the first one, and whether you want an instant reply or daily/weekly under Forum Profile - Notifications

Additionally you can subscribe to forum categories (e.g., Agricultural Crops) to receive an email when a new topic is posted.

Let me know if you have issues finding these.

Chandra

Thanks Chandra, i got it, sorry for not putting in enough effort to dig in the settings before posting.

Hi Chandra,

Is there any way to number the posts, today i had a requirement of referring to some previous post, did not know how to refer the old post.

regards,
gg

Hi Hegde,

Each message would have a unique reply number and a unique link. The reply number appears on each message and the heading of each message is a unique link.

For example, your last message is numbered as Reply #29 and its link is farmnest.com/forum/general-discu … 4/#msg6144

Chandra

Thanks Chandra, got the trick, heading of that post has the link which can be referred.

Chandra,

Iam unable to see sent messages to forum members.

Thnx

Hi Vinay,

I have sent you a test email from the forum just now. Let me know if you have received it.

If that is not the issue you are referring to, please explain more - emails sent how and by whom?

Thanks,
Chandra

Chandra, New looks, refreshing. :slight_smile:

Thanks, version 3 as FarmNest completes 2 years in a couple of days! :slight_smile:

why we need separate password for wiki, whenever i click on wiki it asks for wiki, y cant we use same login password as we enter in forum

[removed link]

Unable to upload pics, i selected 3 pics and it gave me the screen that suggest to move it to Ads… Is there any change in the way we need to upload pics.

No change at all.

Can you please confirm these limits as noted while attaching are met:
Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 4096KB, maximum individual size 4096KB

I know not meeting this 4 MB limit pushes you to the new post screen without a proper message at the end of trying the upload, which is not very elegant. The message to consider ads is a default new topic message.

P.S.: A tip is to post several relatively large pics is to post one pic first and then edit the post and add the next. Since the first message is automatically resized when posted, it will not hit the limits easily.

P.S.2: It should give you a better feedback on what is wrong now, with a change in place.

Dear Moderator,
I am planning to prepare for fruits plantation .
During this process I am running to some government departments for water, soil testiing, understand process, subsidy for fruits plantation and various skims such as developing watershed etc.

One thought came to my mind as below.

Can we have some pointers where members get information on various goverment skims, subsidy, research centers (Which can be further grouped as state wise) .
Such info will help a lot to a beginner and he will know where and how to start .

Eg:
Today I have visited a “oil seed research center” in Jalgaon, a senior scientist informed they have developed a new variety of groundnut and willing to give free seeds for 1 acre to 100 farmers. He requsted me to broadcast this info in my area . There are lot of such info that we are even not aware and needs to be shared with community .

We can also have something like noticeboard, where farmers share some important info which is crucial and needs to be noticed immediately to help community.

Thanks,
Prashant