The forum feedback thread

Got trouble with using the forum? - post your issue here. If you are unable to post too, send an email with the issue details to support at farmnest dot com :wink:

Got a comment? Want to see something else on the forum or portal? - post your opinions and ideas here.

The site has been moved to a different server, do post in this thread if you face any issues.

Hi Chandra

today it seems to be better.

Cheers

Ram

Good :slight_smile:

Dear Chandra,

I am a new user. I do not know how to post a new forum. Kindly guide me. Thank you.

Ponnambalam. G

Hello Ponnambalam,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the feedback. It is easy and I have created a topic on how to do it just now:
Click here:

Let me know if you still have questions.
Chandra

Dear Chandra:

I am addressing this to you as you are some sort of moderator/administrator on this site. I find that there are several threads in this forum that are closely realted - like the one on “Is organic farming practical” and “Successful farming - my experiences”. There may be others as well which I may come upon during my random surfing of this forum. The point is, could the various threads that deal with the general topic farming entreprenuership be “linked” somehow so that all of them appear in the list at the bottom always - something in the software by which some common link word is introduced?

Just a thought!

Ananth

Very good point, we will try to find a way and keep you posted.

In addition, we are looking at reorganizing content a little more - so that we have subjectwise resources together - a forum topic may not be the best for knowledgebase for example. We will keep you posted on that as well.

Regards.

:'( SORY CHANDRA …MUJE KISINE COMENT MARA TO APP USAKA SPORT LIEA …BT MNE FRMR KO HELP KARNA CAHA …TO APP MERA TOPIC CLOSE KAR DIEA…OK
LET IT THANKS
BEST OF LUCK
TC

Ranjanbhai, no offense.
A topic gets closed when there is no further value to members by additional posts or has lost its objectivity - it is nothing personal. So relax and continue to be an active part of the community. Thanks.

We are happy to inform you of a new tagging system that can help with this. Each time you create a new post, you can include a tag (keywords) that can tie down topics. Just make sure you use an existing tag unless there is a need for a new one and we should be good.

You will see the tag towards the bottom left of the topic on each page.

cani have your mail id

Hi, just click on the email icon in the profile or mail to support at the site name.

Regards,
Chandra

Respected sir
please mail me how i take good responce for my project. i am looking for joint ventur,finance partner i have thing. land, man power , location, water is very suitable for my project . only not have funds.

Dear Ajai Rana,

It is fine if you post just once. We will try to include the thread in the next update email to all members so it will catch the attention.
Let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks,
Chandra

hellow ,
no personal contacts?? OK .but a farmer may need personal visit to his farm at times.next one you are editing or blocking some of the advisors.
why .this you are promoting to get profits by advertisement ,but not for farmers,because real farmers are not yet reached the education level to use computer,nor they have that much time ti sit before computer.
Dr.V.C.S.Rayudu

Dear Dr. Rayudu, thank you for your feedback.
I am not sure what you mean by ‘no personal contacts’ and ‘editing and blocking’ - are you sure you are not confusing this with a different forum, since there is no blocking here as a policy. Read more here: and feel free to create your own post signature with your details.

I wish that were true on the profits part, but clearly you should research a little on the economics of running a site like this!
I think it is not right to stereotype farmers; also the Indian farmer is quick to grab available technology and the number of members on agriculture forums is a fair indication of farmers’ internet use and its growth.

Please feel free to post any more comments you may have.

Thanks,
Chandra

Dear Chandra ,

‘‘On another note, I am really thinking about better ways to organize these tiny bits of scattered information - all ideas welcome.’’

YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB , Jusy wondering how you can do it all alone , must be stressing .
i just joined your group a few days ago , keep on doing your job , ideas will flow ,

best wishes ,
Ramprakash L Chandra

Thanks Ramprakash L Chandra.

No, this is not stressful because I only facilitate the sharing of information through the forum - I don’t claim to have the solutions. So essentially it is the members like you who pitch in and lend a hand to others which is great. Of course, there a few friends who are supportive and help with the running of the forum from time to time too.

On the topic of organizing info, do take a look at the wiki - farmnest.com/FarmNestWiki.
It is in very initial stages, but is useful to organize static resources to share. Some members such as brijesh have pitched in with resources (see EBooks for example) and anyone can help add content there. You can read more on how to here: farmnest.com/FAQ

Thanks again for your support,
Chandra

Farm Showcase is a good spot for this, one topic per farm -
A neat review with the details would be nicer than tabular statistics - what say guys?