The Bangalore FarmNest meet - 21-Apr-2012, Lalbagh

Hi,
How are we planing to identify each other. Are we planning to meet near the double Road gate.
Thanks,
Habib

Hi Habib,

Thanks for raising this issue. Now I know the significance of that great green towel. ;D ;D

Yeah may be for the next meeting we all will group buy that “Great Green Towel” and wear it on our shoulders. We will start a fashion trend. Jeans, T- Shirt and that great green towel on our shoulders. ;D What do you say ??

Chandra will sponsor the towel with Farmnest Ad on that. ;D ;D

Regards

Murali

What a Idea Sirji?

i second it :slight_smile:

Ha most certainly. Some embroidery eh?
Do ensure to get us all a review and some pics, however small the gathering is!

Hi All,

Date : 21Apr2012
Time : 10 AM
Venue : Lalbagh, glass house

I have Murali’s no. and shared my no. with murali.
Hope it wont be difficult to find each other in and around glass house.

Confirmed:
Pradeep
Mjurali
Swamy
??
??
??

Please update else difficult to find people.

With regards
Pradeep.h

Hi Pradeep,

I will be there too.

Habib

Hi All,

Here is the confirmed list.

1. Pradeep
  2. Hegde
  3. Murali
  4. Habib
  5. Arvind Krishna.

Its just a beginning, we will get to know each other, share ideas, exchange info etc etc. May be next time we can plan and visit some progressive farmers willing to share info transparently.

Regards

Murali

Hi all,

The first meet went quite well. It was Murali, Pradeep, Hegde, Habib and myself. We had a great time, sharing our thoughts for almost 2 hours.

Murali walked us thru his story of land acquisition and his plans for the farm, Hegde and I exchanged notes on our issues with water, Habib and Pradeep were mostly listeners today, but thanks everyone for the participation and taking the time to turn up at Lalbagh on a Saturday morning!

Hope to add more people to this group and learn from each others’ experiences. Hegde has the pics. He will hopefully upload a couple of them later.

If anyone has weekend plans for farm trips, please post options here. I am in. I know we didn’t find the time to discuss this topic in person.

Thanks,
AK

First meet. You can see Arvind, Murali,GG,Pradeep and Habib.

Fantastic news!
Congrats guys on becoming the famous five by making the very first meet a reality! 8)

Good show guys on having the first Farmnest meet! Good to see the faces to go along with the ids too :slight_smile:
Regards,
Yaj.

Hi All,

It was a nice meeting to start off. Lots of informal information exchanged. Most of them cannot be discussed online on the forum. About the ways to beat the system as it is filled with some obscure stupid laws. To day found out that “to each his own methods.”

But we are in India, and we have lived with Bajaj’s Scooter starting problem and we had found an indigenous solution also to it. By tilting it before starting. :astonished: :astonished: What an idea and the company never ever bother to correct it. So same applies here.

Well to sum up here are the gist.

1. All agreed that paying in excess of 2 to 3 lacs per acre for agriculture land is not worth it.
  2. To be comfortable one needs around 10 Acres both to sustain and to do some experiments.
  3. Finding that 10 Acres is taking a hell a lot of efforts. Large land holdings are a rarity.
  4. The process is infested with brokers.
  5. Cumbersome process of buying as many parties are involved coupled with stupid and archaic laws.
  6. Most importantly what to grow and how much to expect from that crop.
  7. Buying Agri lands only as an investment is not worth it. Better to buy some sites. etc etc/

May be next time we will plan to visit some places and try to expand the group.

Based on todays discussion I will start a new thread as how to earn one lakh per acre per year !!

Thanks for Hegde for those photos. Can you mail us the full resolution pics to our ids ?

Regards

Murali

Congratulations Guy’s on your successful first meet :slight_smile:

Where is Hegde in the group photo?
Behind Camera?

L to R: AK, Murali, Hegde, Pradeep and Habib

Hyderabad meet planning and discussion moved here:
farmnest.com/forum/general-farm- … nest-meet/

Hi friends

I am anxiously waiting to know the out come of this meeting and the details of the tour planned. I am also interested to join this tour / group and share at par in all respects.

best regards

Anant Joglekar

Hi,

Thanks for making it successful and sharing the knowledge in the meet.
Sorry for late response since i was little busy with my brothers marriage.

It was a healthy and useful discussion for complete 2.30 hrs.

Murali i would like to visit your farm let me know your availability.

With regards
Pradeep.H

Hi All,

So when are we planning for our next meet. Shall we visit GKVK / IIHR / Horticulture depts as groups ?? Some how these guys are reluctant to share info if approached individually. OR are they ignorant scientists scared of educated would be farmers ??

Pradeep, sorry I missed your post. Sure any time you can visit my farm. I will start visiting my farm on weekends. I will let you know shortly. But its only tilled and left fallow. May be you can see the place and terrain. Any ideas of becoming my neighbor ?

If feasible on weekends, lets raid Swamy’s farm ;D ;D. See for ourselves the great work done my Swamy and his friends.

Swamy, we all are waiting for your invitations. Dont bother much about logistics and hospitality :frowning: , we will simply visit your farm and see the good things done by you. In short we all will have a feast for our eyes ;D

Coz you are the only guy to have imbibed a lot of confidence into us. We were all aiming for 1L/Acre/Annum and you came out with double of our expectations ;D ;D

Regards

Murali