Tamilnadu Free Agriculture EB connection status check

Hi All,

As you all know that Tamilnadu Electricity Board is giving Free EB connection for Agriculture purpose and it will be given in seniority basis. It would take around 3 to 5 years or more to get those connection. Once applied it is very difficult to check the status of our application. But there is a way to find the current status and pending application’s before our application.

First we need the Application No., this we can get it from the receipt that we received from EB department while applying.

Application No. will be like - XXX-MM/YY-ZZZ
XXX - Area code. This is the area code for your location
MM - Month you applied for connection
YY - Year you applied for connection
ZZZ - Serial No.

So you should consider the App No. as XXXMMYYZZZ

Paste this App No. in the below location:
tneb.tnebnet.org/newlt/lt_erod/appstat.php

By this you can get the current status of you application.

To find the number of pending Application before your application. Just give XXXMMYY(ZZZ-1), XXXMMYY(ZZZ-2) and so on. This will gives you the status of the application that are applied in the month you applied. To check further give App No. as XXXMM(-1)YYZZZ(-3).

Let me give you an example. Let us consider that my App No. is 1230515475.
So this application was applied on May 2015. To check all the application applied on May just give 1230515474, 1230515473, 1230515472. And if you get any error that App No. is invalid then we have to move to the previous month, so we have to give 1230415471, 1230415470…

We have to try this till we find any Approved or Sanctioned Application.

Note: While checking the application please consider only the application with Tarrif as “LM41-AGRICULTURE”.

I have applied on August’13 and I traced back as mentioned above and found that last approved/sanction appliction was on May’11. There are around 300 pending application before my application.

Ya I know this is very tedious process but there is no way to get this status.

Does any one knows, how may Free Agricultural EB connections will be released by Tamilnadu Electricity Board per year?

Thanks,
Dhana.

2 Likes

Hi
TANGEDCO (TNEB) maintains seniority of Agri Pumpsets application at Division Level. But the allotment is at District Level. Annually about 40000 new Agri Connections are given in the State. The waiting period differ from Distrct to District depending upon the Total Pending and Allotment. So Kindly contact Local Eb Divisional Engineer to know the present status of your application.

hi I am new to this page and trying to know about cattle farming and its basic requirements,

can i get this EB connection? we got a land of less than a acre is it possible to apply free EB for this land, we are in tiruvallure district - Tiruvalangadu block

Yes you can apply EB connection even if you have less than a acre but it should be a Agricultural land. Also it will take more time (more than 10+ years) if you applied under free quota. But now Tamilnadu gov has introduced tatkal scheme under that 5hp - 2.5 Lakh, 7.5hp - 2.75 Lakh and 10hp - 3 Lakh you have to pay and you will get the connection in 6 months.

Since you have very less land you can go for III A 1. It is a commercial connection and you have to pay extra per unit. Inquire about III A 1 scheme on your local EB office.

Thanks,
Dhana.

1 Like

Dear Mr.Dhanasekar,

Thank you for your information,

I will inquire about the mentioned scheme,

Thank you,
Sarath,

sir i have a free connection but i miss the connection number. how do i got my connection.

You have to reach out to your local EB office. Otherwise connection number may be in your land registration document.

By this way I can’t get my application status .
It is showing “Application doesn’t exit”.
Can u help me further

Are you searching your application no.? And you are able to get your Application no from your receipt as mentioned below?

First we need the Application No., this we can get it from the receipt that we received from EB department while applying.

Application No. will be like - XXX-MM/YY-ZZZ
ZZZ - Serial No.

So you should consider the App No. as XXXMMYYZZZ

Hi,

The below site is for Erode region only ?
tneb.tnebnet.org/newlt/lt_erod/appstat.php

No it is for entire Tamilnadu.

Hello sir 12325405 this is free connection apply for acknowledgement given number but this number check to status application exited please how to check this number status .

Hello Manikandan,

This is not the Application number. As mentioned in my description you should have some number in your acknowledgment slip like XXX-MM/YY-ZZZ. That is your application number. It should be 10 digit number.

ZZZ - Serial No.

Thanks,
Dhana.

Hi,

I tried to check using my acknowledge numbe. but getting error as
“This Application Does Not Exist.
Please Enter the Correct Application Number.”
anyone please help me to check the same
my acknowledge number is : 548-07/17-93
my mail id is : pradapgr@gmail.com

Hi,

My Apologies. Just noticed that the link that I provided is for Erode district.

http://tneb.tnebnet.org/newlt/lt_**erod**/appstat.php

below link is for Coimbatore region:

http://tneb.tnebnet.org/newlt/lt_**cmbt**/appstat.php

You have to find for your district link first.

Thanks,
Dhana.

Hi ,

Have applied in thakkal scheme about 2 years back still I have not received yet . From Sivagagai dist .
Any idea how to track the status

Hello Vijay,

We are in the same boat. I have applied same Tatkal scheme one and half year back and still waiting for it. Last month I got some material and JE told by end of this month I will get my connection.

TNEB have categorized the connection into 3 (Mere connection, Minor connection and Major Priority connection). We may be under (actually I fall under) Major Priority, i.e. they need separate transformer to complete our connection because of the voltage Load problem. They don’t have that material, hence the delay. People who applied last year got their connection if they are under mere or minor connections.

To answer you question, you have to reach out to your local JE on the status of the your connection. If you don’t get proper response then raise a complaint/inquiry in TN cm cell (http://cmcell.tn.gov.in/). I did the same but again that complaint forwarded to my local JE and got the same respond for my complaint. Saying, my applications is under Major Priority with the seniority of 20 and will get the connection ASAP :frowning_face:.
So you can also try the same.

Hi Diana,

Seems u have the same problem as I have still can say that we are under an useless govt .

Thanks will try as u said

Dear M.Dhanasekar,
I am from Theni Dist and my Receipt details for agicultural EB connection is
Sl No: TNI B MDT5581A1S213
Dt: 25-02-2011
Receipt No> No: 16237**
Will you please advice me to apply the above in the format XXX-MM/YY-ZZZ…

My Mail ID : removed

Hello Karupusolai,

Sorry for the late reply. I don’t think we can check the status online for your receipt number. I have applied in 2013, but yours is in 2011 and the format is entirely different. Please check with your local EB office for the status.

Thanks,
Dhana.