The insects are called Aphids,and acientific name is Aphis craccivora.
Symprtoms: Leaves, flowers, leaf sheath covered with black aphids. Ants are attracted by the honey dew secretion of these insects.
- Biological predator: ladybugs and lacewings will destroy them. Introduce them from Agri Univ.
- Remove and destry the fully infected branches from thefarm.
- Make birds to visit your farm. They will eat.
- Grow guinea fowl. They will eat.
- Place smll honey in cups to keep ants away from aphids. They are protectors of Aphids.
- Inter crop antagonistic plants like garlic, onion
- Grow caster as trap crop and destroy them.
Spraying methyl demeton 25 EC 500ml or dimethoate 30 EC 500 ml or phosphomidon 85 WSC 250 ml/ha controls this pest and other sucking pests. But pesticide will also kill the natural predators.