New barren land purchased and making ready for chrysanthemum cultivation in open

Dear Chandra sir, Dear Sri 2012 sir, and all our farmnest forum friends, now i am back to farming and to our forum also. Recently,3 months back I have purchased land in Chikballapur dist,around 78 kms from Bengaluru,karnataka.It is Redsoil and I have dug 2 borewells and both gave me considerable water yield. Lot of stones/boulders are in the soil and we are removing them with 2 jcbs.Work is in progress. For fencing I have ordered 400 stone pillars of size 9 inchx 4 inch with 8 ft long. @5 blocks of granate have come and they have to be cut to sizes in couple of days. farm yard mannure of sheep/goat is ordered and couple of loads are arrived and in the process. I will be updating my progress in the land and after plantation i will invite you all and interested can visit. g.p.rao, farmer

Dear Rao,

Welcome back to forum, please enlight us what you did last two years.

Regards / Krishnaprasad

[quote=krishnaprasad]
Dear Rao,

Welcome back to forum, please enlight us what you did last two years.

Regards / Krishnaprasad
[/quote] Dear sri Krishna prasad sir, As you know, in doddaballapur I was doing cultivation of colour capsicum (Rizkzwan seeds of Netherlands) red and yellow and Spray Roses Rubystar of Moerheim Roses, (netherlands)variety in 2 green houses and spray roses and chrysanthemums and BOP in open cultivation. All my 7 bore wells except one, were dried and one was running in dilema. Then I became panic, thought of selling the project incl land after taking the advice of my bankers. After I took construction of my house and completed in a year time. After completion of my house, I had been to my childrens at usa. Now I have purchased land near chikaballapur and doing pre plantation works. Hence I am back to forum and assure of regularity. thanks sir, g.p.rao, farmer

Today I have dug one pond of size 20 ft x 30 ft x 9 ft depth in the north east corner of my land, after discussing with a lining expert,with 300 microns poly film all around the pond to pump/keep/store water and to re-pump with another pump when required. tomarow he will visit my farm and arrange for lining work. Tomarow I am digging the soil in 3 acres to a depth of 2 feet with jcbs and this may take around 12 to 15 hours per each jcb. Till now around 6 trucks of sheep/Goat mannure and 12 tractors of cow dung was received and 6.5 tons of oiled neem crush is received. Solar pump ordering work is under progress with bankers. thanks, g.p.rao ,farmer

Hi Rao Sir,
First of all thanks for sharing the details and taking the new challenge.
Can you please share the details the coloured capsicum you did 2 yrs back so that people in this forum gets benefited. Please add sourcing of different inputs like seeds, fertilizers, polyhouse items like LDPE sheets, shadenets, etc etc. Also add itemwise CAPEX and operational cost.

ALso what is your suggestions and guidance for the budding entrants in this field.

Secondly why did you chosen chrysanthemums now and not roses and capsicum.

What is the temperature, PH of Soil and EC of the underground water you are using in your current project.

Thanks in advance for sharing everything in the benefit of all farmnest folks.

Thanks
Rajdeep

Sri Rajdeep sir, My land soil ph is around 6.8 and bore well water EC is around 0.6.In our land area, the summer high temp will reach 37oC or 38 oC max and winter nights lowest temp 13oC /14oC,generally. Rainfall is around 650 mm per year. If you want to ask any specific questions, please ask and our forum members including me ,will try to answer to the extent possible. g.p.rao, farmer

Hi Rao Sir,
My first question is , why chrysanthemum and not coloured capsicum or roses. I believe rose requires lower temperature, but why not coloured capsicum which also has a good market.

2nd question is, since you already did cultivation of coloured capsisum, so which variety of seed you found most productive and virus resistant?
3rd question, What all you used for basal dose, and what fertigation schedule you use to maintain for the same.

4rth question, How much is the yield and what precautions are needed during the cultivation cycle.

Thanks
Rajdeep

Dear Rajdeep sir, regarding why chrysanthemum is… This new variety of chrysanthemum of breeders/traders,M/s Moerheim Roses, netherlands is doing well and it is called as Marygold by the local traders and farmers, though its name given by the company is diffarent. It is giving approximately 1 to 1.25 kgs per plant and keeping quality is around 1 week .Much accepted by all the markets in south India. Much dose of fertigation also required.As it is profitable,I am doing it now. g.p.rao, farmer

Dear Rajdeep Sir, Please read the " GROWING CAPSICUM IN POLYHOUSE–MY EXPERIENCE, started by Sri VIVEK sir (VIKS), our forum , which is very much indepth informed in 68 pages.Upto my Knowledge you can get all the answers on coloured capsicum farming.

Rao sir, I know about the thread started by Vivek, I just wanted to know about your experience on coloured capsicum. It would be very helpful if you share the same.

Thanks
-Rajdeep

Dear Rajdeep sir, you want my experience in colour capsicum farming… Upto my knowledge, Seeds of Rizkzwaan and Enzazaaden both of Netherlands, are the best in productivity and quality in local and international markets. Ofcourse it may differ from farmer to farmer. Along with the variety,the bed preparation also plays a vital role. As an organic farmer, I beleive in organic bed preparation. Instead of applying Farmalin,bromide and/or heating the beds, which kills all the bacteria,fungus both useful and harmful, we do apply Trichoderma Viride/Horizonum,Psuedomonos, paecillomyces etc to the beds along with required fym,vermicompost etc. This acts as live and let live policy . This will control all the nematodes, wilts etc throught the crop duration. it is little expensive but helps lot for quality and quantity production. It should be followed with good fertigation practices both organically and with water soluble fertilisers, along with regular supply of panchagavya and jeevamrutha. Hope this may suits your querries on capsicum crop in polyhouse. g.p.rao, farmer

Thanks Rao Sir,
This is really helpful.
Some additional question which you can answer when you have time, so no urgency.

1. In Rizkzwaan, there are inspiration(Red) and Bachata(yellow) variety seeds which is little expensive, what is your suggestions on this, each 1000 seeds pack cost roughly 1000/-
  2. When you say soluble fertilizer, I believe you are talking about 19:19:19, 0:52:35 and 0:0:50 etc, but these are chemical fertilizer, so can you completly avoid this, or this is not feasible from production point. Also what fertigation schdule is required to be maintained.
  3. What all micronutirents you suggest for coloured capsicum, plus what PH and water EC is idle for capsicum.
  4. If I completly switch to soil cultivation using cocopeat as grow medium in bag or cocopeat bed, so you think it will bring any benefit?

Also since you are close to Bangalore, and I occasionally visit Blr, so can I come down to your farm and do some learning from you?

Thanks
-Rajdeep

Dear Rajdeep sir, I don’t know Either I have mistaken or you have mistaken, but as far as my information concern the cost of seed of colour capsicum of Rizkzwaan is around Rs 3/50 per seed. I will re-check and request you to re-check with rizkzwaan about seed cost. Inspiration and bachata are doing well. Further I want to inform you that though I do organic farming, the following facts should be taken into consideration. The hybrid seeds are monster eaters and they can not do well upto their capacity, if only organic fertilisers are fed.More over we can not grow colour capsicum in greenhouses in organic way, if high yields are required. I use organic fertilisers,Bio pesticides only foR getting a good crop but not for organic certification purpose. Please note this sir. Hence I use water soluble fertilisers also, along with bio fertilisers and bio pesticides, to get the good yields. Ideal ph for colour capsicum will be between 6 to 7.5 and suitable EC will be less than 1 and prefarably 0.5 ds/cm. Using cocopeat as media is called as soil less culture and it gives top results but the crop should be with close supervision.pure Technical job. with best wishes, g.p.rao , farmer

Hello g.p.rao Sir,

I am sathish from Bangalore. Very interesting to see your message in Blog and you are back to farming. I would like to visit your farm to get more details about how you have made your Barren land to a fertile one. I have 10 acre land in my home town and it is completely dry and Barren and I would like to do farming . need your valuable inputs which will help me.

Dear Sri Satish Sir, my land is in sadili village, near peresandra,chikballapur district. Noe pre planting works are on. If you like to come to my land, you are welcome. To the extent possible, I will share my experiances with you. From 9 am to evening 6 pm ,I will be in my land. g.p.rao, farmer.

Rao Sir,
I had a typo, please read 500/- instead of 1000 in my previous mesg. But 3.5/- seems for the green capsicum variety, for bachata and inspiration it is 5/- per seed.
Anyway, can you share the fertigation schedule and qnty for say 1000 sqmt cultivation or 4000 (1 acre) with me for the capsicum.

Also what would be the ideal time to visit your farm.

I might be visiting Blr in next 1-2 months so I would love to visit your farm and learn from you.

Thanks
-Rajdeep

Dear Rajdeep sir, thanq sir, you are right. You are most welcome to visit my farm any time. Now pre planting works are on. Next week I wii sow Sunhemp, Hutchallu ( Yerri noogulu ) and Horse gram, mixed in my land and they will be rotary after 40 days. Then I wants to plant Chrysanthemums and/or Spray roses of Moerheim Roses. I will intimate you and after 4 months, you can see my land and we can discuss about in and outs of those crops. g.p.rao, farmer

Rao Sir,
Thanks for your welcome.

Can you please share the capsicum fertigation schedule which you did few years back if it is handy with you.

Dear Rajdeep sir, Already 2 years past and i do not hold the fertigation schedule at the moment. Incase you want it, i will send you due course of time. You pl send me your soil and water analysis to work out. thank you. g.p.rao, farmer

Hello Rao Sir,
My Soil PH is approx 6.5 and my water EC is 1200 micro simens

Thanks
Rajdeep