Natural Farming Workshop By Shri Subhash Palekar

NATURAL FARMING: A SINGLE ANSWER TO ALL FARMING WOES!!!

[u]Natural Farming Workshop By Shri Subhash Palekar

Dear Friends,
Here is the info of a forthcoming workshop by Shri Subhash Palekar:

Dates : 5th – 9th May, 2012
Venue : Siddaganga Mutt, Tumkur, Karnataka
Fee : Rs. 250/- only per participant
(The fee includes food - break fast, lunch, dinner & tea and accommodation for all the sessions of the 5 day program)

Shri Subhash Palekar would himself lecture in detail in HINDI/ENGLISH on the Concepts, Principles and Practices of Natural Farming as well the cultivation of various crops the Natural way which is translated ‘ONLINE’ into - KANNADA. You would also get to hear to the experiences of successful farmers using these techniques/methodologies for some time now.

Salient features of Natural Farming are:

*Zero budget- near zero input costs which are recoverable
*It is scientific and involves setting up of Forest/Natural Eco system which is self sustaining
*Increase in fertility of the soil year after year the NATURAL WAY
*A single desi (nati) cow is helpful in cultivating 30 acres of land. (Indeed the Gomatha!)
*Water requirement is 20% of Chemical/Organic farming. Hence the requirement of power too is minimal
*Yield is very good and Quality of produce, pristine with very good shelf life
*Labour costs too are less as compared to Chemical/Organic farming methods
*Spiritual way of farming and is based on our age-old and time tested vedic principles[/ul]

For further details and registration, please contact:
Ratna Kumar: (0) 95354 10000
Prasanna Murthy: (0) 84536 20641

Please…please…please…don’t letgo of this opportunity!

Participate and benefit from the noble movement that Shri Palekarji has taken up!

Please note: Accommodation will be in a common hall and is organized for the humble farmer brothers. Please carry your bedding along for your own comfort.

Warm regards,
‘ramsai’

hi friends,

I am attending this workshop…
I am planning to arrive in Bangalore from Visakhapatnam on 4th May and move from there to Tumkur.
Anyone willing to join, please SMS 09989007593

1 Like

Hi All?
Why can’t take an opportunity to attend workshop to know his expertises farming practices for your benefit?
Literature in Kannada, English, Hindi along with other regional languages also available.
Iam attending along with group of farmers.

1 Like

the best workshop for mr palekarji is to implement his methods on a large scale say 100/500 acres or a village as a single unit for about 5 years.
that is the need of the hour and not oral workshop in between four walls that too in peak summer.

this is the need of the hour.
will any one take it.

this a study on jivamrita. this is in kannada.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I am told that Mr Palekar has abandoned doing farming ? Is it true or jealous consultants stories ?? I think in this forum also there were some posts.

Regards

Murali

The posts were by keshavapuri if I remember correctly! :slight_smile:

Oh that is the better version. I hear that he does not even have land (or had it earlier). I have to believe that as this is from a very reliable source.
Whatever it is, my interest is in knowing if this really works. Have read his books ( Kannada ) i am impressed.

Hi Hegde,

You are impressed by his books ?

Can any one explain the science behind this “Amruthas” ;D ;D And more over why only desi cow ???

Regards

Murali

Yes, i think he has done couple of very good things

1. Come out of compost and start using amrutha, save trees, reduce work, get same desired effect with amrutha
  2. Protect desi cows, its said in his book that HF and Jercy are cross bred and from pig and other animal, so that does not really remain holy cow so start rearing desi cows.

It seems that microbial activity is more in desi cows compared to others.

Have heard quite few friends of mine who have started using these amrutha, at least they are happy, and have taken the compost burden off them … I am fan of Natural Farming, so anything towards that is interests me, and this is one step towards Natural Farming. Make those people who use amrutha understand that even that is not required, you are there. May be i am optimist.

Hi,

If its microbial activity, then any animal must be fine. In any case out there in forests there are thousands and thousands of other animals.

Yes natural farming is fine. In fact it is ideal. But with Hybrid seeds ruling the world does these Hybrid varieties thrive if left to them selves. I have burnt my fingers (no hands ;D ) in trying Indo american seeds. In my backyard they refuse to grow. Each pack costs Rs 35 for 8 or 9 seeds.

Regards

Murali

My first post here after joining. Incidentally ran into the forum while searching for training by Subhash Palekarji. I’am about to start farming employing the Subhash Palekarji’s method. My 2 cents based on my understanding after theoretically studying the subject for a year now
Jiwamrutha is a concoction/culture developed my mixing dung & urine of Desi cows with powdered legume and jagerry. This is used to induce colonies of micro-biota(enzymes, fungus,bacteria & actenomycetes) into the soil and to attract earthworm. These are collectively responsible for tilling and fixing various nutritional requirements of plants. However this environment has to be protected by mulching. Additionally the mulched organics are decomposed by the micro-biota which will provide nutrients to the soil, improve soil quality(build humus) and establish a healthy carbon cycle.
The colonies of micro-biota is either present negligibly or completely absent in other animal refuses. Also desi cow milk is a great source for probiotics. Panchagravyam is an ayurvedic concoction prodcued since ages mixing desi cow urine,dung(extremely small quantities) with milk, curd and ghee. Also there are close to 50 patents in europe based on extracts of desi cow’s urine. The desi cow is a very usefull animal everything that comes out of it seems to be useful :slight_smile:. Just that the quantity of milk its gives is very less

Analytical studies of Beejamrutha Jeevamrutha and
Panchagavya

indiawaterportal.org/sites/i … C_2009.pdf

This presentation has the results of the experiments conducted on paddy / bean using panchagavya, jeevamrut, beejamrut etc. basically you can see the results obtained when liquid fertilizers are used (organic method v/s palekar method v/s combination)
Analysis of liquid manures and their use_ND Kumar_UAS Bangalore_OFAI SAC_2009.pdf (1.27 MB)

Hi All,

I could see in horticulture dept at Hulimavu, some microbes packet being sold. Azatobactor , Trychdrma. Sorry of the spellings , Something like that. How effective is this.

During paddy sowing season, with every bag of paddy being distributed these packets also sold mandatory.

But my question is why only desi cow ?? OR is it during ayurvedic times, these Jersy and HF were not available ? India has over 20 varieties of cows and all are called Desi :astonished: Now some of these HF and Jersy have also got crossed with desis :frowning: :frowning: Making a separate breed.

Regards

Murali

Thanks, very informative. Is there a study which compares the cost versus income of these approaches. Also the details of the of the bio-fertilizer, duration of treatment etc is missing in the study, in some places he has referred to FYM though.

Interesting to know about the packets :slight_smile: Azetobacter is a nitrogen fixing bacteria(there are several such with varying behavior). Nitrogen fixing bacteria is normally present near the roots of leguminous plants. Azetobecter in isolation does not help. It has to symbiotically exit with Mychorryza (symbiotic fungus responsible for receiving carbon for plant root and converts nutrient in the soil and makes it available to the plant roots) Trachyderm is also a fungus, who along with Mychoryza and Pencillium etc are responsible for killing pathogens (disease forming microbes). Jeevamrutha introduces most these and the rest of the practices(mulching, inter-cropping,planting model) ensure that they thrive

@Murali Missed a point from your earlier post. Why only Desi cows and not Jersy/HF/Swiss brown. Yes they didnt exist in early times India, but that shouldn’t stop us from using them now. However the real reason is these are two different specie. Desi cow belongs to the Bos Indicus (Zebu) species and the high milk yielding Bos Taurus. Which is to say they are as different as monkey and man (may be exaggerating :slight_smile: ). Hence the milk, urine, dung etc have different constituents for e.g. the desi cow milk is a great source for natural probiotics (commercially available as yakult) which is becateria that exists in your stomach which helps immunity and digestion. There are several such differences.

Hi all Members,
I appreciate for all efforts of brother members to realize what is the benefit of natural farming.
Still any doubts for any other members of this forum? Than take an opportunity to attend workshop to be conducted between 05-May-2012 to 09th may 2012 at Siddaganga Mutt at Tumkur.
Some international delegates also coming to know about practice of natural farming, Ia m also attending along with other farmers, You people can take an opportunity to learn something for rest of the healthy life.

[quote],
I appreciate for all efforts of brother members to realize what is the benefit of natural farming.
[/quote]
I was told that he talks about Zero Budget Farming, not really Natural Farming (“in purist form”) isn’t it?

Comparing to budget for other type of farmings, it is nothing but Zero Budget Natural Farming. However some minimal expenditures to be spend to get results.