Moringa Pkm1 vs ODC

@ Ajit_Singh)//

ODC is best for pods cultivation which leaves are think , for leaves cultivation , kindly go with your local variety or PKM1

@Mahendrabedekar9

Seems, you are from Maharashra which is a good region for drumstick cultivation. Let me tell about the marketing of this pods. Drumstick price will be high in November, December , January and February month of each year , these four months are monsoon season for the southern peninsular regions consists of : Tamil Nadu, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Rayalaseema, Kerala and south interior Karnataka .

So the flowers of drumstick tree of these south indian regions would be dropped and we could not get yield in these months but south India having leading consumers of drumsticks in indiaā€¦ but that time the monsoon will be finished in north inida but cold climate will be there ā€¦ still you can get 50 percent of yieldā€¦ Hyderabad and bangalore market are the biggest market of drumstick next to chennaiā€™s Koyambedu and Ottdanchartram marketā€¦

Mainly (80 %) Tamil Nadu receives north east monsoon which commence from October third week to January fist week, in this months , there will be 80 to 90 percent flower drop in drumstick tree which leads low production and fetch high price in the market in December January and February but the Gujarat, Maharashtra and Teleungana states do not receive rain fall in October , November and December so they can get yield in these month rate will reach 100 and getting Baroda and Mumbai , there they get 40 to 60 at farm gate.

There four months you can send the pods to tamilnadu market directly or through any agentā€¦ we also started dealing fresh drumstick in these 4 months. we need around 10 MT of pods every day. We have many contacts in Maharashtra who deal fresh drumstick, you can contact them directly. There two guys buy moringa pods from Maharashtra and send to tamilnadu , (Pradip Yelav 9930262718, Shailesh salvi 9930016868), you can directly contact them , they give 40 to 60 Rs per kg on farm gate , November to February.

Rest of the 8 months , there is no big market for this pods, you have to manaage to sell in your local mandies or Vashiā€™s APMC market. there you may get 5 to 25 rs per kg.

1 Like

satishearn

Go in smaller area and check whether your climate is suitable or not , accordingly you decide ā€¦

Respected sir,

we want purchase Drum Strick (Munga) seed ODC 3

what is way of purchase & Rate.Please tell me

Thanks

Ved Prakash, NDS,265, New Double Story
P.O. Jamuna Colliery Distt Anuppur (MP) 484444

Mob. 7999958148, 9407323590

Could you please provide details about odc3 moringa performance in your farm, yield and oil percentage in seeds etc.

sibi, you are correct, commercial cultivation of drumstick is not a profitable business in Tamilnadu, Kerala ,south Andra and south Karnadakaā€¦

Plants are performed very well and we got abundant yield but we failed in marketing. 80 percent of our yield we got in March, April and August, september season, we could managed to get less than 10 rs per kg. (7 rs is the expenditure on the day of harvest)ā€¦

We could not get off seasonal yield which is between November to Februry, we tried a lot in the lost 4 years to get yield in November to Februry but the nature was against us. Finally we understand one can not work against nature.

Finally we understood, commercial cultication of moringa in south india is not a wise idea, so we planted coconut in all around the moringa filed and made moringa as a intercrop of coconut. Only Five acres we kept moringa as main crop to do our R&D work to get off seasonal yield.

No we have planed to culitvate moringa in Gujarat, all work is done, we may start our sowing in the month of April in Gujart. This year we started buying moringa pods from maharastra and Gujarat from November to Januvary, we have never given less than 40 rs in their farm gate. The mid of Deccember , two days the rate was 120 rs per kg.

Maharashtra and Gujarat farmers are getting production in November , December, januvary and Februry and these 4 month the rare is 40 rs to 120 rs. but we the tamil nadu farmers geting yield in March and April , rate is just 5 rs to 12 rsā€¦

Gentle man, how PKM1 and ODC are same? PKM 1 is a annuval variety launched by Periya Kulam Agricultrue university which give good yield maximum 3 years but ODC is a intigious perennialvariety which surveys 15 to 20 yearsā€¦

For your information , let me tell what is PKM1 variety?
PKM1 is a pureline selection developed by continuous selfing for six generations, collected from Eppothumvendran of Tirunelveli region of Tamilnadu. It was released in the year 1989 but ODC is a intigious perennial variety there is no such data collection. If you want to see the different of both the variety please visit our farm, you are most welcomeā€¦ but we do not have PKM1 now in our farm.

it is misleading factor. The veriety who has introduced have informed that ODC and PKM-1 are one and the same. The man introduced ODC has providing Quality selected seed of PKM-1 by naming this veriety of his village. But however PAVM of Alagarswamy is a Perinnial Veriety please.

Cost of Alagari moringa sapling variety .

If nobody is doing drumstck cultivation in your near by area then please do not do in larger area, do in smaller area and study the plants at least one year. After that you plant about bigā€¦

We collect seeds from only high performed plants, so we had very limited seeds, that also got over 8 months backā€¦ now our next batch may come after april. you call us after april.

PKM1 is a annual variety which does not give good production after 3 years but ODC is a indigenous Perennial variety which survey more than 15 years. You please do not mislead the public with half knowledge.

I am growing PKM1 variety near chikbalapur (near Bangalore). The major yield is in March - May season and this year there is a heavy influx of Drumsticks from Tamilnadu as per the market traders. The selling price last Saturday was down to Rs. 12. This is the lowest price i have sold at . The same time period last year we sold at 45 - 50.

I have spoken to a farmer who started pruning in Mid March and he is of the opinion that this will allow him to get the flowers by June and will be able to sell the pods at a better rate.

1 Like

Dear Friends,
My name is Ramakrishna Rao from Hyderabad. I need 50 kg ODC3 Moringa seed , can any one please help me sourcing. Also I need sweet tamarind seed and Hybrid verity tamarind seed.
regards
RK RAO
Kamozzala@gmail.com

We can supply PKM-1 seed

Dear sir

Kindly let me know the price and details about the moringa PKM 1

ktchandru

April 24

Dear sir

Kindly let me know the price and details about the moringa PKM 1

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

vasudhafarms

April 24

We can supply PKM-1 seed

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I am from from kolar district karnataka I bought about 250g of ODC3 seeds through amazon last week ā€¦ I have a question that in my area drumstick flowers dropping down during winter means from October month upto Feb ā€¦ so is odc variety can fetch flowers in this season or what I have to do get glowering during October monthā€¦ I am planning plant in next month means in feb 2020

There are so many sellers are selling ODC3 seeds in amazon, first you check where you have brought from us , because we do not have 250 grms packageā€¦ Kolar district of karnadakar doesnā€™t suit for drumstick cultivation commercially , please do not do thatā€¦ you get monsoon in October December, so you get yield in march , april that time that market rate would be very less.

No drumstick variety in the world
fetch flower in rainy season, the only option to get flower in October and December , change your cultivation area to where the North East monsoon does not occurred such as North Karnadaka, Telangana , Maharashtra and Gujaratā€¦

ODC is nothing but PKM -1 . This seller is making another Brand Name with his Village Name where more Farmers are there Growing Moringa. This seller is make Fake Postings with Graphics in Amazon.