Moringa Pkm1 vs ODC

Dear Satish,
Drumsitck is a sun loving plant which requires high temperature and humidity. Moringa grows well in the tropics and sub-tropics areas and best in direct sunlight under 500 meters altitude , I hope your state Utter Pradesh is in above 1000 meter altitude which means you may have to loose your winter crop which will give you a good price in the market. There is no point of cultivating moringa for only for summer crop which does not fill your packet. So I will not recommend you to go with morunga… Pls try some other crop which is suitable for your region … Thanks.

2 Likes

Dear Sir,
We have plenty of drumstick seeds which can be provided to you or your company but other seeds we cannot…

Raj
T Karunkulam Village
Jacobpuram Road,
kanyakumari,
Tamilnadu.
Mob 96190191811
Email… indianagrifarm2015@gmail.com

Dear Indianagrifarm,

I have a farm land of 5 Acres in which i have cultivated coconut in 3 Acres and I have balance 2 Acres in which I am interested in cultivating Moringa ODC. Kindly let us know the ODC Seed Price and qty required for cultivating in 2 Acres.

Regards,
Chetan B R

i am also interested in moringa ODC cultivation in rajasthan…does it suits in this region ???? also can it be done as intercropping with 2 year pomegranate orchard…is any one doing it with pomegranate ???

Dear Ankyjn,

Drumsitck is a sun loving plant which requires high temperature and low humidity. Moringa grows well in the tropics and sub-tropics areas and best in direct sunlight under 500 meters altitude , I hope your state Rajasthan is in above 1000 meter altitude which means you may have to loose your winter crop which will give you a good price in the market. There is no point of cultivating moringa for only for summer crop which does not fill your packet. So I will not recommend you to go with morunga for pods. As far as your state is concerned , moringa can be gone for leaves cultivation not pods… Thanks.

Dear Farmers,

The leading Newspaper of the country, “The Hindu” has published an article about Drumstick Cultivation on February 10, 2017. They have mentioned about our farm, “Indian Agri Farm”… //

Three years ago, software engineer Thangaraj Nadar and his brother, an employee at the Kudankulam nuclear power plant, planted the moringa’s PKM 1, PKM 2 and ODC varieties on their 20-acre ancestral plot in Karungulam village in Tamil Nadu’s Nagercoil district; they have since been harvesting 20-25 tonnes of drumstick pods per acre every year. “Moringa needs minimum care, and if grown in large areas it can fetch a good price from markets like Mumbai, Hyderabad or Chennai,” says Nadar, whose firm Indian Agro has tied up with a Malaysian company to sell moringa seed and leaf powder. //

The link of the above article is “http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/specials/india-interior/drumsticks-beat-back-poverty-in-arid-zones/article9535043.ece” …

Thanks “The Hindu Group” …

1 Like

Dear Sir,
I’ve 5 acres of land in which i would like to plant drumstick. which type of seed is suitable and profitable. my land is in Ariyalur District Tamil Nadu.
please suggest whether to plant PKM or ODC type of seeds

Regads
Javagar

Dear Sir,

Please let me know where to by seeds of ODS variety in/around Mysore/Bangalore? I would like to plant them at border of my 3 acre land.

Thanks,
Raghu

Dear Farmer,

For border crop , please do not go with neither ODC nor PKM1… Go with local indigenous variety…

Thanks for your response Sir. Please let me know the reason why odc and pkm1 are not suggested for borders?
How abt the yield of indeginous variety when compared vs odc/pkm1?

Thanks,
Raghu

Hi, plz avoid moringa as intercrop in mango farm…
Moringa is host to.many pests which are bad for mango plants.

Sir odc variety is for both drumsticks and leaf or only for , drumsticks,
Which variety is better for both (morning n leafe production.
Thanks

Can you send 1 kg of ODC moringa seed?
MOb no.9437464174

Dear sir,

We have no stock in hand … We may open our next sales in September… Contact after 60 days… thanks…

Sir PKM-1 and ODC are one and the Same. One person from Tamilnadu is making Marketing on his OWN Brand Name on his village / Area Name. It is nothing but PKM-1 only .

PKM -2 is not a Marketable Variety, because of its long Pods.

If any Body wants PKM-1 best Quality Seed we will Provide with Germination test Results.

MANNE.SN,
for Vasudha Green Farms,
9133498366 & 7416446789,
vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com

Is ODC same as what alagar samy has produced?

As has already been Stated ODC and PKM-1 are ONE and the SAME. The person who is selling ODC is selling PKM 1 only by making his Brand Name of his village.

No doubt the dealer of ODC is selling Quality PKM-1 seed only with his brand name at exorbitant price.
He is also misleading the Public in Amazon in posting fake IMAGES. If it be the that much yield one can get crores of rupees in an Acre.

It is a fact as far as my knowledge. He himself has informed that PKM-1 Graded seed are selling by naming his Village / Area as his Brand Name. He can keep his Brand Name as he wish , but should not mislead the Public / Farmers with Fake Images.
MANNE. SN,

Sir can you guide me about marketing as you have enough experience about this by doing 20acr.
Looking to get in to this moringa farming soon may in next 2 months. Before getting in to I would like to visit your farm. If you permits me do that. I would be happy to get guidence from you.

Hope will able to meet you up.
9920830025 | Mahendra

Would like to buy odc . Do let me know.
9930830025 mahendra

Drumsticks was only concentrated in Aravakurichi, Karur district for the past 15-20 years, It was the supplier to the entire country. Now it has been widely spread to every district and every state. It is easy to grow and it doesn’t need much water. The prices used to be upwards around 100-150 /kg in rainy season and now the prices are continuously declining as every state is growing moringa. So people don’t expect huge money from it in coming years ! Average prices throughout the year except for few months won’t cross 10/kg, that’s what a farmer will get ! Times have certainly changed for Moringa ! It’s the actual fact !!