Melia dubia - success and saplings availability in Maharashtra

Dear Forum members,

I have a farm near Kalyan and I wish to plant Melia dubia. I have gone through lot of literature about it but most of it is from Tamil Nadu & Karnataka.

Has any one from Maharashtra been successful in this crop ? I would also like to know where the sapplings could be made available from.

Regards // Mihir

Mihir,
You can try and become first in forum members.
You can get Saplings from around Bangalore.

we can supply melia dubia cost Rs 15/ plant.

Let me know if interested.

Hi, can you transport to Hyderabad?
Send me your contact number by personal message. Thanks.

Dear Bas_cbe,

Please provide me your location and details of your offer. You can write me on mihirc@vsnl.com. A few pics would be helpful.

B R // Mihir

Hello bas_cbe

Could you give your contact details or send me to vj_kumar_2k@yahoo.com

Regards
vkumar

Hello bas_cbe

Could you give your contact details or send me to siva81@gmail.com

Regards
SivaPrasad

Sapling Sources…

Melia dubia contacts/resources
Pugazhendi, President South Karnataka Tamil Sangam Federation
Himavat Farms, PO Box 25
Gundalpattu 571111

Mobile: 09448054831

Near Chamrajnagar

growing Melia for plywood industry in partnership with Balakrishnan. Per cubic foot Rs. 200/5th year 15 Cubic feet per tree
08229-222104. Sheela talked to him. He is having 3 acres at home and another 10 acres in the larger farm at Gundalpattu. 100 km from
Sathyamangalam via Chamrajnagar
Planted 5’ by 5’…1750 trees per acre…check…2nd year thinning to 10’ by 10’…2 lakhs per acre for firewood
Seedlings from Mysore Ravindra Shenoi 9900182410
6" seedling grew to 15’ in 8 months. Pits 1.5’ by 1.5’ by 1.5’… drip irrigated…no fertilizer

Shri N.L Chandkumar, Deputy Conservator of Forest, Kolar
094498 31404

Shri Manjunath, DFO, Assistant Silviculturist, Karnataka Forest Service contact
Experienced in clonal propagation of Melia dubia seedlings

Turmeric resource
Dr. M. Baluswamy
Bhavanisagar Agriculture Research Centre
Bhavanisagar
04295-240244

Posted by Mohan at 9:03 AM

Farm Query
Melia dubia seedlings
Is there any farmer from whom I can purchase Melia dubia seedlings?
V. Loganathan
Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu
Contact Mrs. Indra Ramanathan, Erode who has so far supplied more than 30,000 Melia Dubia seedlings to farmers. She can be contacted at the address: Mrs. Indra Ramanathan, Ramu gounder garden,Kalli patti, Kannakkanpalayam(Post), Erode district. Mobiles: 93459 81081and 93666 99999
Printer friendly
ZAM ZAM BIO FARM (Contact this user)
9789667135, 0424-2400419
B-79, HOUSING UNIT, KOLLAMPALAYAM, ERODE-638002

You can try for Melia Dupia at Toon Nursery at pulinjur its located on sathyamangalam to mysore road in tamilnadu. There is one person Name Mr.Prakash ( mobile : 09894253046 / 09482860889 )

Madhukali

Thank You Sir ,
We are also in need of Malia Dubia Saplings for TWO Acres.Can you Supply the same to me also along with our Friend s requirement in our Forum from Hyderabad.Kindly inform me the Price Per plant to FOR Hyderabad.

A nice article that compares Beema Bamboo VS Melia Dubia.

Regards,
Madhukali
2011_09_16_presentation_bamboo_pashi_english.pdf (243 KB)

Melia dubia plants are available at Shamshabad, near Hyderabad. Please contact 07386948725 or send sms.

Sir,
We are located in Mysore-Karnataka. We have melia dubia saplings with us. We have propogated the saplings through seed germination(silviculture). The seed germinated plants exhibit good growth and has better soil adaptibility.

We have planted melia dubia in our farm. We can provide with melia dubia saplings. If anyone interested can contact us at [9880589787]

Moderator Comment: Feel free to post your offering under “ads” section. Thanks for understanding.

Dear Venkatesh sir, very much thankful to you and I am very much happy to know from you that the seedlings, germinated from seeds, are good and it reciprocates very well for organic mannures. As said by you it attains 20 cft wood in 6 or 7 years and 10 ft x 10 ft is best planting distance. g.p.rao,farmer

Sir as I informed in our earlier Posting that we need Malia Saplings for TWO Acres which may need about 1000 Saplings. If you can supply to Hyderabad for TWO Acres kindly Contact 9133498366 or Mail to vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com. We need these Saplings Urgently for Planting in the Month of June 2013.

Hello Mihir were you able to know if Melia Dubia is successful in maharastra. I am also planning to plant on my farm near Murbad. Any help will be appreciated.
Thnaks

Dear Bobby,

Sorry for my late reply.

Through my experience, I found Melia to be very hardy, drought resistant and fast growing with no incidence of disease. On experimental scale (but without special care), I have recorded a growth of 10-12 ft in the first year. However the problem areas are - 1. Availability of seedlings in Mah. 2. Cattle grazing & fire 3. Market for the timber (I havent researched on this).

Regards // Mihir

1 Like

Hey Mihir & Bobby;

I have my farm located near Murbad… Can you PM me your contact details/phone number so that we can connect and exchange notes?

Thanks;
Sujay

Thank you sir Mr.Mihir for your posting .
We wish to inform that we are the suppliers of quality Melia Dubai (Malabar Neem) throughout India . We are assuring you that there is no need to see the plantations, because it has already been proved that it is a world’s fastest growing tree. How ever if you want to see the plantation we will show you in and around Hyderabad/Bangloor. We will provide you the quality seed lings at most reasonable price than that of any supplier. We are attaching the full details of the plantation along with the images.

Dont hesitate to contact us on 9133498366.
MELIA DUBIA Updted.pdf (1.73 MB)
MARKET POTENTIALITY OF MELIA DUBIA.doc (75.5 KB)

Thank you Sir,

Can you Provide seed. If so what is the Price per Kg.

Vasudha Green Farms.

Hello experts
What is the life of this tree? What if I plant and not cut it for its timber but wait for its natural fall/death?