Looking for farming guidance in Hyderabad

Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I have 4.5 acres of land near Ramoji Film city in Hyderabad, I am looking for options to better utilize this property so that this can be used as a weekend getaway property.

Soil Type: Red Soil
Water: Soon will have a bore in the property
Fence: Yes
Location: Near Ramoji Film City, 1 km away from Vijayawada Highway
Purpose: Weekend getaway
Current Ideas: Mango trees in 1 acre

Questions:

1. what type of fruit trees will survive in red dry soil ?
  2. I live in US and have to depend on someone to look after the property so the trees with less maintenance is ideal for me
  3. Do you think leasing part of the land to someone is a good option? I was thinking of this option so that they can look after the land.

I welcome any other ideas.

Thanks for reading.

Srinivas

1 Like

How do you know me ?

Water available?

How much water available?

1 Like

Mango wil come nicely and lemon is second option. Take soil samples at different locationsboth surface and sub surface ( upto 30 cms). Test at soil correlator office @ malakpet. They do freely earlier. You can refer former jda mr mqi Khan. Is helpful. At least some one in the department is helpful. Now I am retired from NRSA agril division. Less contact. After soil testing meet mr kishan horticulture department behind nampally railway station entrance through platform 1. Walkable.
All the best wishes. (Small opening).

2 Likes

Hi
Good morning Sir,

I am a senior consultant in horticulture projects I can guide you for suitable crops, and also I can undertake all development works. Please contact me for further details.
Mallikarjun

1 Like

You can call me after 5 PM any day on 9989 559169(what’s app also).
Happy new year wishes to you and family.

1 Like

Dear mr shreenivas garu,
many products are to be done on the land depends on the field survey ,I had been in Telanagana for over 12 years first in sirpur kaghaznagar in 10 yeras and 2 years in Hyderabad
i m a Technocrat with Phd in diary in agric management.
It is better if some one can show the land than something cost economic works can be done
I am available on +919867007980 on whats app too
regards
kailash

1 Like

Please share your WhatsApp no. Thanks

Be careful when you lease the land, as you will run into problems if the lessee refuses to vacate the land. Better to appoint a Manager on profit sharing basis.

2 Likes

Bamboo farming is the best option for you
think for the same.

1 Like

What about selling 1.5 acres of land to my son (Hyderabad based, Software Enginner at BroadCom).In turn he can superwise total property.
Thanks & Regards
Prashant Saxena

Thank you all for taking time and responding to my question.

Thanks for the suggestion to get the soil tested. I will get the soil tested and will post the report here for better advise.

I just applied for the transformer so it may take 2-3 months before i have bore in the land. I do not know the water availability until i have a borewell. There are farms around this land, hopefully i may get enough water.

Please could you provide your advise on the below options ?

1. I would take care of planting the trees and give the maintenance to farm maintenance company (not sure if there are any)
  2. Collaborate with someone who can plant the fruit trees and maintain them and share the profit on yearly basis instead of providing the lease amount.

I know it’s a weird question but would ask anyway, what are my options to convert a piece of land into a farm house ? I am willing to pay but won’t be at the location. I may have someone who can come and check monthly.

I do not have any plans to sell the land.

Sure, Thank you.

Thank you. I do have some contacts in Agril dept. I will get the soil tested and see what they would recommend.

Please connect on whatsApp
@ 8368383283.

Thanks and regards

@nyadav It was nice talking to you and thank you for your great advises.

Looking forward for the contacts who may be interested in farming on profit sharing basis.

Thanks Again.

Don’t plan to sellout the land in urban unless it has title problems. If you are getting rythu bandhu every year then it is clear. Check details in ts govt website.every year. I sold 27 acres land on Sagar road due to naxal problem in 1982.

1 Like

@krishi60 Thank you.

1. Get the borewell and electricity in the first place.
  2. Follow a design before implementing the actual work. Otherwise, you will struggle later. Options here are Subhash Palekar (ZBNF/SPNF), Agroforestry, Bhaskar Save Model etc.
    I am suggesting this as this is mainly trees and and not annual crops.
  3. Plant Moringa and other nitrogen fixing trees. This will easily grow well fast and this way it will create the micro climate required for the plants to grow well.
  4. Depending on the water availability, go for Drip Irrigation or other irrigation.
  5. If you choose fruit plants as the base for your farm, I suggest you to plant atleast 8-10 different fruit plants so that you are not dependent on anyone fruit plant. Please note that fruit plants will start yielding only from the 4-7th year onwards. You need to have enough resources for maintenance until this time.
    Alternatively, you can develop your farm in a staggered manner by sharing the profit by leasing out.
  6. Along the fence, plant bamboo as this will give returns from the 4th year onwards and it acts as a windbreaker.

Decide and let me know.

2 Likes

I am satish reddy pulagam my mail ID psreddy1956@gmail.com I am interested to lookafter your land. My son stays in Ottawa Canada and daughter at Sydeny Australia If U R interested please mail.

1 Like