Like2Farm - a New Farm Setup

How are things progressing?

On a separate note, does anyone know how much manure would a full tractor trolley carry?

Man proposes and nature disposes.

The humongous amount of rain that has come through in the past couple of months has left a lot of farmers distressed and a few completely broken.

because of rain over Sept - Oct - Nov 3 lakes were filled up and overflow didn’t stop for a month… Our farm was inundated and all the plants were underwater for a couple of weeks-

It will have to be all fresh start for us and we are re evaluating options while we wait for the water to subside.

on the trolley question 4T max is what i heard or 5 - 7 buckets if you use a JCB

1 Like

Your turn now!
We had the devastation in Telangana Jun-Sep 2021 and things subsided only after that. Never saw such rains before, with water having no where to go.

4t fym: I got figures 1.5t - 5t depending on who I ask - I am trying to assess how much we are really adding to the soil. I will get a load on weigh bridge next time.

1 Like

Hi psundaresh, Its nice to read your updates on the progress of farm, Can you help me to understand more on getting land for lease. What prechecks needs to be done? what documents needs to be verified? Which government body involved in getting this done? any difference in green belt/yellow belt land agreements. if it looks big to explain here plz send details on mail: vinayaktelkar@gmail.com
Thanks in advance

Hi Sundaresh, Hope your farm has come up very well by now. I’m looking to dig a borewell in my land near Gauribidanur, could you please share the contact of Water Diviner that you have explored.

Also, I’m interested to visit your farm near Gauribidanur to get inputs on setting up a farm, will be glad if you can share the location of the farm.

Regards,
Shivakumar

Preferably Geologist that uses scientific methods to identify point for Borewells

Hi Vinayak, after doing the land on lease i have realised it is better to do this via a lawyer. Mind you it has humongous risks which are apart from the law - example - the land lord might be ready to sell the land 2 years down. the land lord my ask for attrocious rentals, your business takes off and you have to move but you are bound by the agreement… so on and so forth. please decide based on your business idea and what you intend to grow.

1 Like

Hi sundar can you share your contact number

Answering my own question on fym weight per tractor trolley.
We weighed it and got 3.6t medium dry fym when heap loaded.

Hi Sundaresh,
A great venture and effort. Can you please give an update on how the things are going. I was thinking of doing something similar in Chikkaballapur.

Hi Sundaresh
I too have a small marginal 4 acre farm land near gowribidanur which got wiped out between May June this year.
Starting afresh.
Would love to visit your site.
Can you share the current status of the farm land and also your contact number.
WhatsApp me @ 9686888553

Paresh Banawalikar

1 Like

Hi @Paresh_Banawalikar If possible, please create a Farm Showcase topic about your farm activities, big or small.

Not sure if it is the much discussed climate change, but the last two years are pushing us to rethink on how we manage crops in the rainy season - here is a topic about it:

A post was split to a new topic: Land wanted within 100km of Bangalore

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Growing vegetables in the rains

A post was merged into an existing topic: Rajajn’s Vegetables farm

Hi Sundaresh
Very nice to see your project and especially ur willingness to share the updates. I want to enquire where you purchased the container and if there are any contacts you can provide.

Hi Chandra/All.
I got locked out of my account for a while.
I wanted to visit sundaresh’s unit as it is nearby to where I have ‘bought’ the land.
My entire crop of aakaash chillies got wiped clean in the last year’s rains.
Had to replace it with maize to keep labourers busy.
I too have a similar thought of going for an integrated farm comprising of

1. 5 cows
  2. 50-100 sheeps/goats
  3. 100 kg per day oyster mushroom unit
  4. Shade net covered 1 acre organic veggies and greens grow area
  5. 3 fish ponds for fish rearing (part of my aquaponics plan)
  6. A vermicompost unit
  7. Dung and cow urine collection units and jeevamrut preparation area
  8. Grass, agase trees, nuggekai trees, a few teak plantations, and few fruit trees
  9. 5 labour sheds+ 1 labour home
  10. Finally a place for me and my family to spend a few days per week.

List and design is exhaustive but am really scared after the rains.
Currently have grown maize across all 4 acres.

2 Likes

Hi Paresh,

How is your farm activities going on, I do a farm near Gauribidanur, I’m looking for rain harvesting ideas / advice, please share if you have contacts
Regards
Kumar

Dear Paresh Sir
and
Dear Shivakumar Sir,
Wish you all the best in your Farming Developments.
can we know the locations of your Lands near Gauribidanur.
How is the ground water Facility in your area now, Depth of water table and quality of water?

g.p.rao, farmer