Intensive cultivation of organic moringa ( ICOM ) for leaf biomass

Hi @RAMU,
I have been going through your research in growing Moringa and your tips on how to proceed.
Thanks a lot for it. I have around 3.5 acres of farm land and was thinking on producing Organic veggies. Moringa was one of the items in the list, both as a produce as well as a plant to fix nitrogen in the soil.
I was thinking about PKM2, but based on your response to various users in the forum, I feel its ODC 3 best suited. Can you please let me know where I can get the seeds from, or should I go with saplings? Also, can you share some tips on how to start with it?
The land that I possess was not used for a long time and has been not used for any kind of cultivation. It has become hard and except for some grass, nothing is grown there for last few years.

I will be proceeding with regenerating the health of soil using organic matter. Go for deep tilling initially (2ft) and then plan on growing Dhaincha & Sunhemp to provide it as green leaf manure before planting anything. Would that be enough, or should I add something else?

Till then was planning to purchase ODC 3 seeds and grow them in nursery before they can be transplanted into the soil.

I am very new to farming and any guidance will be of great help.
I did go through your tips to grow Moringa here

Thanks.

1 Like