Intensive cultivation of organic moringa ( ICOM ) for leaf biomass

Price is 220 Rs/kg

Thank you very much Ramu sir for giving details. Please post the results of the experiment with 25 cents you mentioned once itā€™s completed.

Sir with organic certification by ecocert all the plants were already converted into moringa powder ,tablet and capsules and consumed by Australians and Malaysians ā€¦42.3 MT of fresh biomass was produced out of this 25 cents in 8 successive harvest .

Hi sir
One person by name Mr.Dwarknath wants to cultivate moringa for leaf purpose with organic certification in Kannur , Kerala .If you have been already into this business and in need of certified organic ODC 3 moringa leaf powder just please reciprocate here on this forum . He says he can cultivate , process ,pack and sell it to yo with organic label .If you are interested anymore on this proposal you can respond or else better ignore this message .
Regards

Hi Ramu Sir,
You have amazing knowledge in Moringa cultivation, We have own land and we cultivate Moringa for Drumstick pupose.

I have tried to to find buyer couldnā€™t as I donā€™t have much knowledge still learning; We have own Solar dryer for moringa leaves and for trial purpose we did few times good. But need your suggestions/help on this

For Export

• To make moringa Powder do we really need ODC or any type is fine ?
  • For leave cultivation is any specific type ?
  • For export moringa what kind of certificate need ? only Pesticides testing or Pure Organic ? [attached ]
  • I couldnā€™t able to best quality and certificate need for export purpose

Can you guide me on this ? Can you reply back on this

Thanks a lot sir for your support +91 8147087972

Jesudas

Dear Mr Jesudas
Well .For marketing your moringa produce you can find so many marketing platform and support services .
There are a lot of exporters on various value added moringa produce like moringa leaf powder ,moringa tablets capsules , moringa blend with other herbal powder , raw produce like fresh moringa pods and fresh moringa leaves packed in icebox etc ā€¦
80% of the global demand for moringa produce is exported from India and rest of the 20 % is done from other countries like Cambodia , Vietnam , srilanka , Indonesia , Brazil , Mexico , northwest African countries etc ā€¦
Other reason for the preference by foreigners / westerners of Indian moringa produce is quality that is overwhelming and appreciably higher than other moringa varieties grown anywhere around the world .
Many of us donā€™t know how our own Indian businessmen who donā€™t even have direct knowledge about moringa cultivation have been silently making millions of dollars out of this simple and easy crop moringa . They donā€™t want to create competitors and competition and we innocent people would never know how to make money out of this moringa cultivation .
This moringa products are sold in pharmaceutical chain stores , food industries ,restaurant etc in overseas countries .
Just you obtain buyers contacts for some fees from market research companies .that can provide you the list of buyers with their contact address ,email and phone . Or you would directly get to the buyers through any of your overseas connections .
What you need to do is carry lab report attesting the quality of our produce . The more nutrient value and organic label will command acceptance of buyers and premium price .
Quality of the moringa produce is measured in terms of color , particle size / flowability of moringa leaf powder , amount of mineral nutrients and other bioactive compounds , taste organic certificate ,packing and branding .
Conventional produce does not command premium price in overseas market and are always sold for an average price .when conventional produce sells @ Rs.300 per kgs the certified organic produce will sell @ Rs.1500-2500 per kg depending on the buyers and their purposes .
Different cultivation methods are employed for the production of leaves as well as pods and curing and processing of moringa produce as value addition also varies place to place ā€¦
Based on your capability and potential you can decide on how and where to start .
All the best ā€¦

1 Like

Thanks a lot Ramu Sir, you insight is giving better idea about cultivations. I took day to reply to you thread sorry about that.

There is lot of takeaways from your thread;

• ODC 3 for better quality and yields etcā€¦

I do have a few more queries.

from the thread what i understand for long term is Organic cultivation going to give better product market.

Like what I am looking for.

• Can I get your observation or paper/project which you might have created for 25cents pilots project. I like to try and see
  • What is 1 certificate I should go for; for good product to market
  • What kind of soil need I have come to know soil is not an concerns
  • Where i can get right best ODC 3 for organic cultivation
  • This seed style cultivation will grow as huge tree like your 8LAC plant trial; what will happen how to manage(I know its silly question) :frowning:
  • Where is your trial farm I am from Tirunelveli, when its possible Can I visit to you farm; of course if you are fine with COVID situation

I really appreciate your help on this community as for New formers to enter the market

once again Thank you Sir
Jesudas

Well ,Mr Jesudas .
The reports that you have attached here are indicative tolerance limit for each items mentioned in the table .Anything beyond and above this limit would simply get your produce rejected by the buyers in international market .
So donā€™t split your head unnecessarily about these reports .When you apply for organic certification with any of the agencies ,they will guide you completely on all aspect of certification standards and there is no cause whatsoever for you now to worry about it anyway before you begin your project .Sure as hell the answer would go unfolding as you keep on asking more and more and once you start doing it , everything you will understand as simple as that you do over the period . As I already wrote , I just modified a model experiment of Dr.Foidl in Nicaragua and tested it somewhere in small piece of land about 25 cents and came up successful .Then I replicated the trial and ventured in to commercial scale . Since I have been with govt ,I can not disclose some info online that may invite trouble for me . Only when something was successfully experimented and passed the trial ,we post the success story that people may follow if they are interested . It is the reason why I always post info along with images as proof of success and for the better understanding of the people .
However I am pleased to help you with brief info about some important aspect of this project as I am being pulled back into duty as kharif season started now ā€¦
Again for your personal info , the covid 19 situation is assuming new dimension and nobody knows what happens next and when will the situation return to normal .We will also be pressed into finishing our schemes too soon amidst covid 19 pandemic situation since I am expecting assembly election in Tamilnadu around February 2020 .
Regards

1 Like

@RAMU Thank you for you advice; and thank you for you time

Thank you very much for your time in answering all of our questions.
Fellow farmers,
One important thing to note for any one to venture in to this crop is that itā€™s a labour intensive one, for an acre harvest 100+ labour is required.
Need to plan for labour properly, please share any best practices on managing labour which are being followed by any one.

Hi @RAMU,
I have been going through your research in growing Moringa and your tips on how to proceed.
Thanks a lot for it. I have around 3.5 acres of farm land and was thinking on producing Organic veggies. Moringa was one of the items in the list, both as a produce as well as a plant to fix nitrogen in the soil.
I was thinking about PKM2, but based on your response to various users in the forum, I feel its ODC 3 best suited. Can you please let me know where I can get the seeds from, or should I go with saplings? Also, can you share some tips on how to start with it?
The land that I possess was not used for a long time and has been not used for any kind of cultivation. It has become hard and except for some grass, nothing is grown there for last few years.

I will be proceeding with regenerating the health of soil using organic matter. Go for deep tilling initially (2ft) and then plan on growing Dhaincha & Sunhemp to provide it as green leaf manure before planting anything. Would that be enough, or should I add something else?

Till then was planning to purchase ODC 3 seeds and grow them in nursery before they can be transplanted into the soil.

I am very new to farming and any guidance will be of great help.
I did go through your tips to grow Moringa here

Thanks.

1 Like