Since last 3 years, from the day I come to know about Punjab dairy farmers association, I was planning to visit it's exhibition to participate and experience. Even though I have visited most of the dairy farms in Punjab of various sizes the visit to PDFA exhibition is really given a new sort of experience and confidence in Dairy farming.
So, I would like to share my observations which I experienced in this event:
1) Punjab peoples interest and heartly involvement with respect in farming.
2) Family persons involvement (of course I heard few of them too are affecting from the childrens diversified interests and attractions of other fields)
3) Farmers organised unity and involvement in participation as responsibility. Rather than claiming for positions, power and greedy in getting favours by acquiring positions of the association.
4) strict observation/vigilance and control on fraud companies in all aspects.
5) Demanding and success in causing various schemes & direct supports in implementation by government.
6) knowledge and technical transfer percolated to the level of even small farmer like two cow/buffalo farmer.
Like this I can list out further more.....first one is....
One thing was very much surprised and satisfied me....to see regularly high yielding milk animals without any gimmicks or short time achievement as it happens in our state. They have developed much more superior genetics based animals produced in their last 10 years efforts and that genetics is minimum 10 years ahead compare to any of our south India states. very painful matter is all these breed/genetic cows developed from the cows which are transferred from our state i.e. kolar and doddaballapur area.
Before going to Punjab, I was travelled across the Kolar ,chintamani,doddaballapur and chickaballapura area. I was present to the scenario of our so called farmers are misused the Intention of supports provided them to create good genetic cross breed cows schemes, in these areas by converting to greedy cow brokerage people rather than making it remarkable place for the Milk production as well as High yielding genetics animals producing place.
To-day, we can see in all these our places more than 50 cow brokers in a village, changing 3-4 hands,when the cows become 5-6 months pregnant. Even a boy who worked with a any broker for 2-3 years is a good/reputed cows supplier!!!. To-day, it has acquired a very infamous name in cheating the cows transactions. Of course, invariably in very short time if the people of this area are not wakening up are getting into awareness, we will be losing shortly the few left out animals and even if we mind to develop any initial level of breeding....then we has to look for the other states.
Surely,already we are 10-15 years behind in quality of animals which we have seen in Punjab and we will be slipping into further down with this attitude.
will be writing further experiences in stages....