Hi each and everyone and akhill,
sorry, since last few months busy with various , multiple activities and hence, away from writing anything. but I was frequently, watching all posting on forum.
My intention is, all of you to make use of this article and contribute back to it to contribute others, further. Hope, it's happening. Sincerely, request all concerns to make this article alive and very valuable for the people who are looking for it.
There were lots of corrections taken up at our dairy farm....based on last three years experiences. They are:-
1) creating the shed to store the dry fodder , for all season protection.
2) enhanced the silage storage facility from 120 MT's to 200 Mt's.
3) Separated , each level of animals by creating different sheds for calves, heifer's, pregnant cow's and Milking cows. For various reasons, few of are like..... to have better attention on feeding, health management , animal handling etc.,
4) enhancing the bio-gas production from 30 cub-mtr to 80 cub-mtr, for more cooking gas (10 families) as well as to run the Bio-genset.
5)This summer, faced lot of heat stress problem and future expected more. To arrest it , fogging system, shade creating in free stall area.
6) Routine maintenance and corrections in all aspects.
on slow phase......going on......lists are their .....further. will be keep sharing .....the same..
we are procured the barley from Rajasthan, madhyapradesh and Punjab. some times the batch was good and some time the traders take advantage of our dependency and compromise on quality of supply. In hydroponics, the equipment and seed play's the key role. so far we procured the barley @ Rs.16- 17 per kg plus transportation to our destinations (it varies depends on the quantity and place aprox. Rs.5-6 per kg). Better, to visit in person any of these places, identify the genuine traders to buy. You can also, try with white maize (good,cleaned,unique size) locally, it is also equally good as barley.
Time being, we are forced to stop our hydroponics machine (even we have seed stock for one month requirement) due to severe power cuts i.e. more than 20 hours in a day due to summer power cuts (need dg power for other activities too i.e. chopping off supplied excess green fodder for silage etc.,) and since getting outsourced comparatively cheaper local green fodder.
Dairy farm, means no permanent or one solution. You should have alternate solutions to each and every type of problems/hurdles.
hope clarified you...