Green house or Poly house Capsicum production

Hi Guys

I have read lot on blogs on different websites, so thats why I thought, may be you guys can help me in this agri business. My self Ajay and I am from punjab but I got my farm house in Haryana. I have heard lot about poly/greenhouse farming and some people already started these projects in Haryana. And as i came to know from people in our area , that they suggested, there are three crops should grow in our area i.e Capsicums, Tomatoes & Cucumber. But now I explain you my situation in following points step by step, then please help me:

1. I am Master in engineering & working in company and don’t have any farming experience. so far My dad does farming. But he just does rural farming not like urban farming or advance farming (polyhouse).

2. Now I am thinking about Green/Poly house farming and looking myself as fresh entrepreneur in this business.

3. So far what I collected information that I tell you, if its wrong , please correct me in reply.

In Haryana , there is total 65 % subsidy on total cost of 1 acre’s Green/Poly house project. It means 35% , i have to put in from my pocket. And total cost would be 40 Lacs per acre.

Now you guys help me on the following points:

1. whether I should go for this Poly/Green House farming as you know I don’t have experience but I am enough educated to understand the system.

2. If I go for this , then which crop I should select?

3. if I go for capsicum then What would be yield per acre? whats market price per kg? whats costs per acre to grow this vegetable like labour cost, handling cost etcs.

4.How & from where i can get buyer for this vegetable (capsicum)? for me , the main concern is buyer. I need to know, how I can market my product without wastage of material & time.

1. I heard about hydroponic system, is this system really help ?? Just let you know, my agriculture land is fertile. this hydroponic system, how it helps in more productivity? and as I heard its expensive, does it justify cost with extra productivity??

2. Last not least, Anybody can help me in this project and if anybody consultant there then how much you guys charge for your services and what kind of services are available from you guys?

And please if you guys got any project report or any analysis report per 1 acre for this vegetable then please forward me that too on my email id ajay.kamboj@gmail.com .

Thanks

Hi Guys

Pleae can anyone advice me on above mentioned queries?

Thank you

I got few ansers from one of this forum member I am requoting here.

Capscicum is very sensitive crop. Only 9 months capsicum rest of the months you can go for exotic vegitables like lettuce,zucchini,parsley,celery etc. You can also go for strawberry.

First you learn in and out of growing capsicum under shade nets which is cheaper than poly house.
Then you can go for poly house. Poly house costs you 36L/acre. You can avail 50% subsidy from national horticulture mission.

You may get 40rs/Kg and 50/Kg aprox on green and colored capsicum.

SO words of wisdom is start with little investment, if you lose money also you are paying a small fees for your lessons. Dont make costly mistakes.

Thanks Sri

if you get more ideas or information then please forward me either on this post or email ajay.kamboj@gmail.com

Hello,

I had contemplated building a green house but gave up the idea.

My comments below are based on my experience.

1. Before you venture out please do a market survey yourselves. The wholesale dealers should be able to give you the price range for entire year. For you the nearest major market will be Delhi I suppose. This will help you decide the size of polyhouse to make a profitable business.
  2. Start with smaller (10000 sqft (1/4 acre) or 20000 sqft (half acre))green house to begin with. Building a fully functional green/polyhouse takes no more than 2-3 weeks.
  3. Buy your seedlings from a reputed firm. For example in Pune I have met couple of farmers who have used KF Bioplants (www.kfbioplants.com/). They also have consultants who help you with site prep, fertigation, etc. They also conduct training I suppose. (I don’t work for KF Bioplants and have no vested interest in them. As part of my homework I visited their facility, which is quite impressive.)
  4. If you have fertile soil no need to go for hydroponic. You may have to amend it based on soil test. Hydroponic is expensive and you will not get premium price for your produce.
  5. Shadenet vs. polyhouse - Capsicum is 9 months crop. The shadenet will not work during rains and extreme winter. This is where polyhouse wins. However during summer polyhouse will be significantly hotter compared to shadenet. During summer if natural ventilation, foggers can not reduce the temperature you will need forced ventilation ($$$$, expensive).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish

Capsicum seedlings can be prepared in normal vegetable nurseries. Seeds from Syngenta - Orebello and Bombi variety can be purchased and prepared seedlings in normal vegetable trays with cocopeat as the medium. No need to go to specialized companies, their cost will be much more. From my experience, these seeds give good results.

Nikhil

hi nikhil

can you help me in regard the below question

I want to grow with planting one capsicum plant at my home for testing purpose, I found the information from net source which is march- April month is the best timing for capsicum growing, if i will get any success in the capsicum growing at home , then i want to start with bulk plantation, but first i need the best quality capsicum 's seeds , basically i am from bhavnagar,

Questions:

1. can u suggest me where should i find the capsicum seed in bhavnagar (located in a Gujarat state) ?
  2. Or can u suggest me any place will provide me the capsicum seeds with very cheaper rate?
  3. Can u share me the detailed process of “how should start with capsicum plantation process?”.

Please give me reply on my question.

thanks in advance
Yatin Baraiya

Ask your local seed shop for the seeds that I have mentioned (Syngenta - Orebello and Bombi variety ), they can guide you better.
Price is more of less same everywhere.
Use vegetable nursery trays to make seedlings. I am sure that in Gujrat you must be using the ideas of preparing seedlings in cocopeat and protrays. If you need more information about this let me know on niks.narayana@gmail.com
Seedlings become ready in 25-40 days depending on weather conditions, cold temperature slows down growth. Check leaves, they say at least 4 good leaves should be there before you transplant.

Just one piece of advise, disease control is very crucial in capsicum. Colored capsicum are mainly used for decorative purpose and not consumed in local market, so make sure you have buyer before you embark on the long and tiring journey.

Good luck.
Nikhil

Thank you Brothers and Sisters,

We are seeing in our Forum as Green House Farming / Poly House Farming / Shade Net Farming etc. I am little bit Confusion whether all the above are one and the Same or any difference. If different kindly enlighten us the full details of all the above Farmings along with any other such Farming Methods.

Thank yours With Best Wishes to all ,MANNE.SN,B.Com.,LLB.,

Dear Munne bhai, Greenhouse and poly house are same. these are covered with polythene sheet with many modifications. Shade net is another one which is in shade type of 25% shade, 50% shade, 75% shade etc. Usually, these shade nets are in green colour, or some times white colour.

B R Reddy
Kavali

The green house is typically climate controlled - Heated in winter, cooled in summer. It can be a polyhouse or glass. This is most expensive to build and operate.
The polyhouse is naturally ventilated. It can have foggers for cooling during the summer. In India these are most common.
Shade net house uses shade net instead of poly film. These are good during summer and winter to a certain extent but provide no protection during rainy season.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish

HELLO GUYS.

IAM KUNAL DESAI FROM GOA, AND WORKING FOR A COMPANY IN GOA, I HAVE SOME AGRICULTURAL LAND  IN GOA WHERE I  INTEND TO START PLYHOUSE FARMING, HAVE SOME QUERIES
!) WANT TO START A CAPSICUM CULTIVATION  , BUT MANY HAVE SUGGESTED ME THAT CAPSICUM CULTIVATION IS THE  MOST DIFFICUT AS THERE ARE CHANCES OF THE CROP TO BE AFFECTED DUE TO BACTERIA DISEASES IN IT WHICH CAN HARM THE 40% OF THE CULTIVATION
2)WELL ANOTHER I NEED TO SUBMIT A PROJECT REPORT REGARDING CAPSICUM FARMING IN PLYHOUSE TO THE AGRICUTURE DEPT OF GOA  TO AVAIL THE NECCESSARY SUBSIBY CAN ANYBODAY HELP ME IN THAT?? COZ I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO A PROJECT REPORT IN AGRICULTURE

hi Kunal,
its a good decision to go with capsicum in polyhouse. any crop is as difficult or easy as the other.
i myself grow capsicum in polyhouse, and once u get a grip on the concept, you can do wonders with any crop. and considering you are located in goa, there is huge demand in the local market itself for capsicum.

and yes, there are some documentation required to apply for subsidy or bank loan.
i have the templates and actual documents of my two projects, let me know if they would help.

thanks,
Vivek

Hi vivek
thanks for guiding me and I would be thankfull if u cud share me with template and documents ,
I a sooo thankfull for sharin ur knowledge
My mail rush4kunal@gmail.com
regards
kunal desai

Hi
can U share ur templates and porject report please I also want to start Poly House. Please my email id is Ravilende@gmail.com I am from Sangamner.

nup

Hi Vivek,

It will be of great help if you could email the templates to me as well. My mail id : kulkarni.kedar@hotmail.com

Regards,
Kedar Kulkarni

hey Kedar,
i have uploaded the templates on another post which is for capsicum in polyhouse.

the direct link is farmnest.com/forum/agricultural- … e-2552/30/

just browse and you’ll find all the documents i had made.

Vivek

where in haryana your land is located?
there is a indo israel center of excellence in karnal,where you can go and have first hand experience of what green house farming is all about.they also provide training but sadly their training is not for grass root level people like you or me,who have no farming experience.their head is mr.satyendra yadav,a very nice and helpful person.

there is an institute near jaipur which gives training for green house managment,fertigation etc.i did a training from there for green house managment,5 day residential course costed me 5 thousand rupees.

it is highly important to know your prospective market or target customers before you decide to grow anything as you cant store vegetables unlike wheat or paddy or other food grains to wait to favourable market conditions.

capsicum is good but our summer tempratures in haryana during the month of may and june would bring hard time.
you can opt for seedless cucumber which give high yeild in poly house.
i am also trying to get some land on lease in haryana around delhi to start farming but havent found any.
reliance,walmart and mother dairy are buying vegetables right from the farm,if you are located in an area where you dont have good market,such companies will be a good option to sell your produce.you can get in touch with them and discuss.
let me know if you have any other questions,i will try my best to help.

Mr vivek
i am soon going to start colour caspicum platation can you help me with the project reports and templates. i am new in this
madansooji@gmail.com