FarmNest Farm of Fame Photo Contest Oct 2012 - Theme: General Farming

Vote for one or two of the farm picture posts you like most:

The October 2012 FFF, being the first contest has the theme ‘General Farming’ to keep it quite open. Post photos taken by you in this topic to participate in the contest. Read the full details of these contests here first: The “FarmNest Farm of Fame” Photo Contests

Dates:
Photos can be posted to the topic upto: 5-Nov-12
Poll/member voting opens: 6-Nov-12
Voting closes: 19-Nov-12

How to vote:
[ul]
[li]Every member can vote for one or two posts with pictures[/li]
[li]Select the names of the members whose posted pics you like the most. Just look at the pics and choose what you like, there are no rules around what are the good pics[/li]
[li]You cannot change your vote once posted[/li]
[li]Vote for the pictures, not the members[/li]
[li]You can vote for your own pics too[/li]
[li]Voting is anonymous and actual voters will not be shown[/li]
[li]Just remember this is for fun, nothing serious about it[/li][/ul]

[quote=Chandra]
The October 2012 FFF, being the first contest has the theme ‘General Farming’ to keep it quite open. Post photos taken by you in this topic to participate in the contest. Read the full details of these contests here first: The “FarmNest Farm of Fame” Photo Contests

Dates:
Photos can be posted to the topic upto: 5-Nov-12
Poll/member voting opens: 6-Nov-12
Voting closes: 19-Nov-12

[/quote] Dear Chandra, Why can’t consider the photos already posted in different posts? Those photos are taken at appropriate time when crops was in its peak stage, crops cannot give results as per our requirement, but we need to capture the crops photos as on when they given results.

Hi Swamy,

It is fine to post those again. Pick your best and post on this topic - since this will be a poll, all entries should be right here. Don’t forget to email the full resolution pics too.
There is no restriction when they were taken.

Chandra

Hi
Here are few pics from my farm, since 2010 till 2012.

1. Cabbage with intercropping of mustard and marigold to control pests and it worked just fine.
  2. Colored capsicum in our greenhouse, we ended up selling green capsicum itself as the market rate was high at that time.
  3. Marigold - My first crop after shifting to our farm. Bumper crop, lose rates.
  4. Musk Melon - Again, bumper and beautiful crop, wrong timing. It rained on the day before harvest and market refused to take my musk melon and water melon. We and our workers ended up having it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Loads of fun. Our cows also had the time of their life eating these fruits and they also gave us more milk to thank us. :slight_smile:

Thanks
Nikhil

Dear Nikhil,

Are you telling, you did not spray any pesticides to Cabbage? If this true Kudos to you and your team.

I feel you have share your experience on Green house in detail in a seprate thread.

Lovely Nikhil.

A few scenes taken in Chandra’s farm :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Attached are the pics from Savera Farms, Sivaganga TN

Pl find attached 3 photos :-

1. Photo of our farm taken during Aug 12 on rainy day.
  2. Having food at my farm.
  3. In between mango plants I put Tur Dal during the rainy season. They are in full bloom now; but I need to take care of pests now.

T Shanmughan

Photo 1: One to one cooperation
Photo 2 : Clean green water pots
Photo 3: My farm during summer
Photos were taken thro mobile phone camera
R Vasudevan

Nice to see some greenery out there!

Couple of pics of our farm.

Regards
Biju

FarmNest Farm of Fame Photo Contest Oct 2012 - Theme: General Farming photographs by kapil at central potato research station jalandhar

Hi all,

Here are a few pictures taken in our farm. The pictures show chillies being grown - chilli plants, green chillies on the pants, chillies being dried in the sun.

The farm is in Nalgonda district of AP.

Hope you enjoy them.

Cheers,

John

Hi?
Please find few photos of my farm. Photos details available in GPS info of photo properties.
Farm production is through PANCHA THARANGINI/5 layer/story method.
We have not done anything to tamarind except getting yield from it & remaining photos themselves can inform about the the farm production.

1. Picture showing west coast with all types of farming, paddy, areca/coconut and forest. You would also see a river flowing at the extreme right.
  2. Traditional way of ploughing
  3. Farmer climbing the tree to harvest areaca, you will see the traditional tools tied to his waist.
  4. Starting Teak plantation (+ other wild trees )

Awesome pictures of Malenadu. Every time these pictures come along, it inspires to get the bags packing and moving towards THAT THE life. Hegdegg pictures are awesome, bit bigger ones would have done more justice.

Did you try clicking the pictures now? should be fairly good size.

Voting is now open! Details are in the first post.

Congratulations hegdegg and niksnarayana for the best pics!

Thanks to everyone who participated and voted - it is some good fun to see some nice farm pics. It is also quite pleasing to see some participating members actually vote for others’ pics than their own!

Just don’t forget to keep an eye for good farm photo opportunities so you can post your entry in future FFF contests.

Thanks a lot Chandra all other who voted.

Congratulations niksnarayana.

Congratulations hegdegg and niksnarayana.

Special thanks to Chandra who organized this unbiased photo competition! I am sure the participation will be better next time.

Regards,

T Shanmughan