Farm fencing question

Hi,
Though its a delayed reply, it may help!

We have paid 2 year back Rs. 260 for 4 in x 6 in and 8 ft height stone from Krishnagiri. The local installing person managed to get the stones. 280 Rs could be the current price if the stone quality is good for 8 ft height. When you bargain, you will get varying thickness.

Labor seems costly, we paid close to 140 for installation and whitening the stone. Labor may vary depends on the area. My person was not getting much profits as he pays his team high.

Thanks,
Soundar.

Thanks, that is very helpful. I also felt that the labour contractor was trying to fleece me.

The granite stone i procured from chikkaballapur area was about 250 per pole for 200 poles having dimesions of 8 feet and 6*4 inches side . The whole pole laying was done for about 6000 in 5 days. so be sure to negotiate labour. this is excluding fencing.

I have 6 acres U shaped land. Want to create fence which is cheap and durable. I have seen people suggesting barbed wire with combination of Mehendi or any other such plant. Have anyone tried the precast concrete Compound Wall. Does anyone know how they fair in terms of cost and durability. I checked some IndiaMART vendors and their cost for 5 feet length and 5 feet height was coming to be 500. I guess labor would be extra. But don’t we think this is better or am I missing something

Hi,

I have 2.60 acre land which is rectangle shape around 2300 feet boundary. When I get a quote for stone pole. I got a price for a pole Rs.600 + upload and download+ vehicle cost which means per pole rate is Rs.650/-. I need 350 to 400 pole. I am not able to conclude to buy the stone pole due to the price. I am planning to ask quote for “L” angled GI pole for 7 feet. Is that good idea? please share your thoughts.

Why don’t you ask for cement poles instead,or else ask some concrete work masons to come and prepare the poles @ ur place itself, u can buy iron rods from the nearest scrap vendors which will be cheaper moreover that will do the job for further discussion if any ,please contact me my watsup 8891448175

Will do solar fencing it’s 70% lesser than Normal fencing
Example latest work we did for 5 Acer
The running feet’s comes 2000
Total charge comes : 98000/-
With warranty
Any one needed please contact or whatsap 9742009180

Sir u gave me a quote of 1,10,000 for 4 acres that too excluding the poles. The prices of individual items are inflated too much. Like Tata GI wire is 160/kg. I suppose it’s available around 90-100 /kg. If I go by this then the prices of other individual items also seems to be inflated. Overpriced quote in my opinion.

No post on this thread since long so I’ll ask again hoping to get latest advice from all you experts and fellow compatriots:

I have a 10 acre land (roughly 6000 feet perimeter) near Panshet in Pune. I would like to fence the entire perimeter. The land is a mountainside so quite sloped.

I have the following queries

1. What is better concrete poles or stone poles.
  2. What should be the ideal distance between poles and how far should the stays be?
  3. Should we use 12/12 barbed wire or 14/14 barbed wire
  4. Please suggest suppliers for poles, wire, cement etc. in Pune
  5. What should be the benchmark rates for poles, wire and cement?