Dwarf variety date fruits required

Dear All,
Please provide information on dwarf variety seedless or with seed date palm fruits for growing/seedlings.
Imported fruits also required if any.

Hi?
Any one from Gujarat or Middle east? I will guide you how to get information of dates?

Dear Biju,
Hope you are residing in California which is providing world famous Tissue Culture dates variety saplings.
California is the name of one variety of date fruit.

Can yo please do the needful to find any tissue culture lad which producing TC dates saplings?
We need to beat the rates of date saplings as good variety sapling costing about Rs.3500/- in India.
If we will be able to get it viable rates, then can import saplings in large quantity for cheap and best product.
If Variety and rate may meets, our forum members can also benefited and we can import about one or 2 thousand saplings in bulk order.

Hi Swamy,

please check this company … seems to be very much into tissue culture date sapling production

zvieli.co.il/

Thanks,
Sreeram

Dear Sreeram,
Thnaks for information & I have placed request with Israel Nursery for procedure, rates, transportation etc .

Hai,

Plse find the web site Nutech Farm ,Mandvi, Kutch for good quality date palm shoots.

Mr. Vijay shah is the concerned person
Thank you
Good luck

Namaskara,
Last week I had been to city market in Bangalore in which two varieties of date fruits were sold at the rate of Rs.140 for big & 100 for small sized fruits. On inquiry with vendors, they informed that they have got them from Kerala & TN,but doubt on their information. Trying to get results from the seeds of the said fruits for their germination abilities.

If any one tried, then share information.

There are two types of dry Khajur we get - one the intact juicy kind and two the somewhat compressed/squeezed/flattened fruits. Are they both the same variety processed differently?

Does anyone know about the yield and economics?

Namaskara,
Date cultivation is very easy as it doesn’t require much care like other crops,
Now Rates are also not bad.
Yield is also very good as in the starting year, it can produce about 10kg fruits from on bunch and 4 bunches can be expected.
Based on the management, yield can be increased. Photographed fruits are from 2nd year crop at my location.
This less utilized fruit crop is suitable for dry land cultivation also.

Thanks Swamy, great information as usual.
Do you recollect the spacing of plants and in how many years they will begin to yield?

Namaskara,
My choice is to have 20 feet and HD lovers can have it at 15 feet.
Its TC plant can start yield at 4th year onwards and normal sapling can start yielding at 5 or 6 th year onwards.
Want more on it?

Thanks, all you can give! :slight_smile:

Dear Mr. Swamy,

Tc date plantlets starts bearing 3 rd year onwards, with my experience in Saudi Arabia.

In Dindugal Tamilnadu , You can contact Mr.Anpalagan , expert in Dates

09600321911, 09842310876, 0451- 2431441

trandsonsfreshdates@gmail.com

Thank you
Good Luck

Hi?
Thanks for your information.
I know, Kerala, TN Farmers are ahead in taking opportunity to encash from such less known/under utilised crop introduction as well as to gain good income too.
Venilla was got popularity in Karnataka, that to once in a stage, now it has lost its charm because of self made mistake by farming/trading community.

However one should understand new avenues and opportunities for getting success in their life

Dear Swamy,

Forget about vanilla. It can not be used in all segments of society, its use restrict with food

industries. In case of dates it has wide acceptaance, so there is no competition upto 5 years.

Secondly initial invest is too high, yellow variety is superior. Biofarms also stating 3 Acres dates

end of this season. ok
Thank you
Good luck

Hi,

Can anyone help to obtain some date saplings?

Thanks.

Isn’t toddy tapped from date trees? There were many wild date trees on my familiy’s ancestral farm near Nizamabad and toddy tappers would tap away. I was told that these trees belong to the Government and land owners could not restrict access to the toddy tappers nor could they remove the trees.

Does this scenario still exist?

I believe that is still the case with Thati and Eetha.
But this is a different date, isn’t it?

[quote=Chandra]
Hi,

Can anyone help to obtain some date saplings?

Thanks.[/quote]
Dear Chandra,
If we bear the rates than getting saplings is not a problem.

[quote=airfoil]
Isn’t toddy tapped from date trees? There were many wild date trees on my familiy’s ancestral farm near Nizamabad and toddy tappers would tap away. I was told that these trees belong to the Government and land owners could not restrict access to the toddy tappers nor could they remove the trees. [/quote]

Does this scenario still exist?
No. Now a farmer owning dates and its family trees has got every right to use his product as per his convenience

[quote=Chandra]
I believe that is still the case with Thati and Eetha.
But this is a different date, isn’t it?[/quote]
Yes, Thaati Eetha and Date are belongs to same family Chandra.

[quote=dns1807]
Dear Chandra,
If we bear the rates than getting saplings is not a problem.[/quote]
Dear Swamy, can you give me an indication of the price per plant and where from to source them? I know biofarms referenced Nutech in Gujarat; anyone closer South?

Agree, but I assume Kajur don’t produce toddy and will not fall under these rules to let out to tappers anyway!