Cow urine/dung vs buffalo urine/dung

I want to purchase 1 or 2 cows or buffalo, mainly for utilizing their dung and urine for preparing Jeevamrutha and Panchagavya and also in vermicomposting

I would like to know:

1)Which is more beneficial cow dung/urine or buffalo dung/urine and also in which aspects?
2)Is it better to use cow/buffalo dung through vermicomposting or Jeevamrutha and Panchagavya?

hi,

Cow is mandtory for Jeevamritham.

I guess also for panchagavya.

Desi Cow is far superior in urine/dung/milk compared to buffalo based on Jeevamritha originator Sri Subhash Palekar.

Good luck

regards,
rajsekhar
vizag

Why dont considering to buy bullocks? Becuase you need only dung and urine.

According Sri.Palekar it has to be desi cow.(not even HF or jersey).

Thank you Mr.rajsekhar and thank you Mr.sri
That was really helpful.

I would like to ask one more thing

will it better to use cow dung through vermicomposting or through Jeevamrutha and Panchagavya?

Dear Snowstar,

In vermicompost, surface feeder earthworm Einsenfoedia is used which is not useful to bring nutrients which are buried deep inside the earth.
Moreover it eats dung and its castings are poisonous heavy elements viz…arsenic, mercury etc. Vermicompost is also a long time process. Strictly need to be avoided.

In jeevamrit, subsurface earthworms will be activitated and eats soil on its way making the soil porous. Its castings caontain various important nutrients. Highly receommended. Requires just 3 days and jeevamrit contains various microorganism including, but not limited to, nitrogen fixing, potash soluble, phosphorous soluble etc.

Coming to panchagavya,I am not much aware of its science but since its ancient agriculture technique, I guess, it will have its own advantages. I am not using for simple reason that its also a long time process.

Maintaining bullocks is completely different game than maintaining cows. My one year old ongole bullock is stronger and giving more problems to control than all other female cows put together.

good luck
rajsekhar

Hi? You can use urine and dung of Cow or buffalo, But 50& female is mandatory & 50% bull urine and dung can be mixed with it to prepare any products you mentioned…

Good points. Rajshekhar.

Snow star,
Vermicompost needs labour efforts. Where as jeevamrit even 80 year old person can prepare and mix it with irrigation system, with minimum human efforts.
Sri Palekar says panchagvya is not suitable for agriculture, but my ancesters used it from centuries.
Also see attachment for research papers for comparisons
Analysis of liquid manures and their use_ND Kumar_UAS Bangalore_OFAI SAC_2009.pdf (1.27 MB)

1 Like

Hi thanks for the link and scientifically very use full.

but, how do we prepare them or process to prepare them. if this can shared would be obliged.

regards
Rajesh

I have been reading about vermi-composting for last few days, no where or no one mentioned that earthworm castings will have any minerals or chemicals that are poisonous. I would appreciate if you can point me where i can find or read content that sheds light on your statement (no offense, just asking to learn)

vermi composting will make manure disposal easy, manure can be used in vermicomposting and castings can be used to make compost tea if you want nutrients to be induced into the sub-soil itself. Also would like to ask you, what are the local varieties of Anecic earthworms (deep dwellers) that we can find in south india.

your thoughts are much appreciated

You are right. I found this document while exploring on Vermi compost. They say “Vermicompost is free of toxic chemicals:” See page number 6 of attached PDF.
vermi-compost.pdf (353 KB)

hi,

I appreciate your concern. Today in this internet age, lot of information is exchanged. Finding authentic information is becoming next to impossible.

I regret for not posting a supporting link.
I personally feel authentic information can come only from a guru rather than industry sponsored research reports. In agriculture, Sri Subhash Palekar is more or less guru to me and since I have faith in his words, I reproduced the link below from his website.

palekarzerobudgetspiritualfarmin … pce6p.dpbs

I am attaching one more report where Eisenfoedia mentioned do not ingest large amount of soil in pg 2.

Now-a-days research is more money/carrier oriented rather than “sarve jana sukhinobavanthu” oriented. So information in general websites or published research reports should be taken with caution.

In my case, i read cow milk is better than buffalo mik in various forums/websites. So I have cow milk to my infant daughter against the wishes of my family who insists buffalo milk.

After one year I realized the Cow referred is indian indigenous desi breed while I am feeding jersy/HF milk available in my neighbourhood which is more dangerous. When U visit any normal diary, you will see how much chemical feed is given.

What I want to conclude is separating authentic information is important from ocean of general information.

regards,
rajsekhar
Eathworms.pdf (250 KB)

Very good link; I read about the criticism about Eosina foetida earlier, but did not know there were three types of earth worms.
Also, it looks like most pesticides we use kill earthworms!

Hello Sri and Rajsekhar,

Thanks for the pdfs. Nice details. It cleared some of the incorrect understanding that I had abt earthworms and vermicompost technique.

Thanks
Biju

Thanks for pointing out the site. i been to his website countless times, wonder why i never read this particular article. let me start saying i have huge respect towards him. His work in getting natural farming into lime light is greatest contribution any individual can possibly do.
his arguments are

1. surface dwelling(Einsenfoedia’s) earthworms consume most of mulching killing microorganisms that help plants and humus
  2. Einsenfoedia’s castings have toxic substances

surface dwelling earthworms irrespective of what kind of species it is, they belong to vermicomposting bins and not in the farm. these worms when fed with a steady and controlled source of food will feed on it and deposit castings in the bin. they are of not much help when left in the farm. the ones that should be left in the farm are anecic earthworm(deep dwellers, these aerate the soil and improve water retention) and endogeic(sub-soil dwellers, these totally feed on soil aerating top/sub soil)

I think when there are toxic chemicals in the food they eat that is what gets deposited in their bodies.

I will see if i can reach out any wormfarm that use this species and get details from them

thanks…all well .but how do one prepare them…

can any one share this please

regards
Rajesh

Thank you all, for your valuable time and advise.

sorry, I could not post any comments these days as my computer was out of order.

Mr.Rajsekhar

1)Is applying jeevamrit alone is enough to activate and sustain, subsurface earthworms or do I
need to do anything else

2)Along with jeevamrit, does one apply chemical fertilizers as well like N,P,K or micro nutrients

Mr.M.Rajesh

In the website pointed to by Mr.Rajsekhar the preparation of Jeevamrit is written:
http://palekarzerobudgetspiritualfarming.org/Jiwamrita.aspx#sthash.TmCtr4SI.dpbs

Applying Jeevamrit when soil in wet condition activates erathworm which are in hibernation. Secondly the soil needs to be fairly wet and must not be exposed to sun to populate earthworm.

Earth worm needs biomass so mulching with dry matters does this act.

If you apply NPK where next day earth worms dies. When Jeevamrit is doing the work of NPK why do you apply NPK and again wasting money?

Thank you Mr.Rajshekher.

indeed Vermicomposting has helped me and my garden plants are looking healthy and vibrant.

especially my Tulsi plants are lovely.

i have started composting by bringing earthworms and every week the top soil which is rich in nutrients i am putting in my garden. this has helped.

will venture more and suggestions, guidance are always welcome.

regards
Rajesh

Rajesh,

You have misunderstood the discussion.
1.According to Sri Palekar, Vermicompost has traces of arsenic,cadmium etc. because vermicompost is generated by Eisenia Foetida a litter dweller forgign breed of earthworms. In advanced countires they analise the tissues of eisenia foetida for toxic elements traces.
2. Rajshekhar posted a document on earthworm confirming this.

Summary: Eisenia foetida a litter dweller, a imported veriety is not good. Instead make use of our own native earthworms. Our native earthworms are not litter dwellers so you cannot prepare vermicompost with native earthworms.

Dear sri sir, as you said we need not introduce/release earth worms to our land. if you provide jeevamrutha every week and or by providing Panchagavya once in 15 days or 1 month, and if you provide good organic matter like FYM and/or bio cakes etc,they decomposes and become good food for earth worms and more over the moist condition also helps the native earth worms to come up automatically,and to develop abnormally and do the best part. They make holes from bottom to top,loosens the soil in and around the plant root system, and also provide good food ( bio npk ready made which can be consumed by the plants ). If we provide good enviroment, ie; living idealconditions along with their required food to the worms,isolated good/useful bacterias/fungis will develop abnormally,and kills/controls the harmful bacterias/fungis regularly. As a lay farmer i say " harmful bacteria is a one which eats the plant parts and useful bacteria/fungi is a one, ie; hunters, which kills only harmful bacterias/fungis. Further no much differance between desi cow/desi buffallow/other cows. g.p.rao,farmer