Borewell - Common Problems & Solutions Guide

Hi,

My Name is Harish. Recently I have drilled a borewell for residential use up to 1271 Feet. After drilling the borewell we left for 30 days and did camera scanning to check for water sources. We found one water source at 150 Feet (Water was flowing) and one empty source at 300 Feet (No Water). Water storage at 700 Feet. Camera scanning guy left the camera inside the water and told us that there are more water source inside you will be able to extact water 1" inch or 1.5" inch of water hence we brought 7.5 HP pump (75 stages) with 1" inch HDPE pipe and fixed the motor at 1200 Feet. First one water flowed for about 3 hours and stopped we thought everyday we will get water for 3 hours however next day we got only for 45 mins and it stopped after 3 hours again we will get for 45 mins. One of the guys suggested to change the mouth of the outflow from 1" inch to 0.5"inch you get water continuously. We did that and now water is flowing out only 0.5"inch and rest remained in the pipe and it is flowing back to borewell. From this we are getting water in full force for 1 hour and force of the water get reduced. I check the AMP and voltage consummation. Initially one hour it will be 10 AMP and voltage will be around 380-400v after one hour it will come down to 6 AMP and voltage will be around 220-240v. I am using Texmo motor and L&T starter.

My question - will this effect my motor life? will this damage my pipe?

Any suggestion are welcome

Thanks
Harish N

Hello sir, please advice me about a typic issue in my bore well.

I am having a problem with my bore well at home. .Its a new bore that we have drilled to 500ft and sent a sub moto inside upto 480ft. We get a min water for house use only. Some times 20min in the morning. The water level is low at my site.

But my problem is, the very 1st pipe that connects to my Submerge moto always gets bulged and burst at the middle of the pipe. What could be the reason. My bore technician also says that he has not come across this issue in his whole experience. This has happened 2 times now in 1 month itself.

Sir my borvell 350 feet but there are no water
The water is started to 50to 80 feet but casing are 80 feet sir how to hole inside casing 60 to70 feet

Hi All,

Need experts advice.

I have Borewell dig 450 ft, initially when we dig this Bore there was no water.
But now in rainy season we can see water till top of the Borewell. Till yesterday water level has gone down hardly 10ft …
Still can see water from top of well.

Need experts suggestion in installation of Submersible Pump.
like how much HP pump should i choose, how many Head stages ?

Please suggest.

Regards,
Abhijeet.

How to seal a 5 inch and 7 inch casing mouth in a borewell?We have dug 6.5 inch borewell upto 195 ft. At 110 ft water was traced with loose soil. So went up to 140 ft after which hard strata touched.
Then, started 7" inch casing but it was found that walls were collapsed and decided to flush and do casing until hard rock area but how to close mouth of 5 and 7 inch casing pipes?

dear friend,
In Bangalore we have a person calledJaffer, who gives the service of taking a video of the bore by sending a video camera upto a depth of 1600 feet.
While doing so he also gives you the health status and remedial actions if required.
his mobile number is 8317380071 and 9341948981.
I have taken his help for 4 of my Borewells and found him to be quite knowledgeable.

Sir my borewell is pumping water for 20min
Stops pumping after that
After 1hr again it pumps for 20min
What may be the problem

The reason of stopping water some Time after getting some time Must be there is no sufficient water in the Borewell. To asses correctly , kindly provide the following DATA.

1. Total Depth of Borewell.
  2. Casing Pipe Length
  3. Yield of Water if assessed after Drilling.(If avilable)
  4. Drawdown Level of the Borewell (If taken after Drilling while Flushing)
  5. H.P. of the Pumpset with Brand and Number of Stages.
  6. Level at which Pumpset was inserted i.e. Delivery Pipe Length.

On getting the above DATA we can advise some extent
without Physical Verification.
MANNE.SN,
for Vasudha Green Farms,
vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com,

3 Likes

Hi Sir,

recently before 15 days we have hand drilled a borewel of 880 ft @ Odisha. As per driller the water source has been found from 800- 870 ft. After 20 days of completion of UPVC pipe fitting ( 80 ft- 5’’ & 800 ft- 2’') , now we are washing the bore with 1 hp submersible pump of depth 70 ft. in 2nd day wash the salty water found in between flow of sweet water.

pls suggest in this issue. how much hour we have to wash the bore for continuous sweet & pure water

pls respond on my issue

Pleasant Greetings to all,

This is Yash Shah from Borewells International, this is my new Id. For any of your borewell queries you please drop in your queries to my this id and we will be happy to help with your problems for borewells.

Happy Drilling

Regards,

Yash D Shah - 8652810004

If salt water comes there is no remedy in stopping salt water. You have to install a water softening device for the water comes out

Namaste,

I had a agri bore well that collapsed from 400ft till 500ft.

The person Sudhakar reddy from shankarpally, telangana padmavathi borewells is a crook, don’t ever try to engage him for removing your stuck bore well. He will rip you off for money or the least he can do is damage your recoverable bore well.

I found extraordinary success from jaffer bhai’s (bangalore) contact in hyderabad name Praveen.

Praveen, his brother Raju are seasoned travellers on the stuck/collapsed bore well removal process for both gi pipe and hdpe.

Their father Purna chandar rao garu has been doing this for over 40 years, now his sons are taking this forward.

They charged me 40k for the removal if successful. 25k if failure as the minimum charge. They stayed overnight there and worked on removing 25 gi pipes for 1.5 day at the farm. My deepest gratitude to them for their amazing presence of mind and knack in rescuing the bore well. If this bore well is lost there is no chance of getting another hole that can deliver the water we need.

You can depend on them for any of your bore well issues. Here is their contact.

Praveen +91 98482 86829

I thank this forum for very good guidance and support. Very nice work.

Regards,
Arjun
+918008977713
+8106000446

1 Like

Hi everyone,
We have a new domestic bore of 250 ft.
Water is there but it is less. Motor only run for 10 to 15 min in 12 hours.
Pipe is of 1 inch and motor used is 1hp v4.

Can we have to go for new bore or used same one. Person who drill bore is saying water will increase over time.

Kindly provide your expert advice.

I Suggest better you go for Rain Water Harvesting, watch below video which are known to be very successful and also government also encouraging to undertake in some states they are giving even subsidy. You will get plenty of video options in YouTube on Borewell Rain water harvesting

R Bala