Banana -4000 plants per acre - square planting - 5.5 lac income planned

Dear Joe,
It is very simple not required a drawing to explain and show the grid lines of trench. just make a flow trench adjacent to planting pit from first plant to last plant in a shorter direction. Check row is shorter or column is shorter. It is not required any equipment’s as well. Give one full water to the land let it dry for 2 days than make trench. after that mark the planting pit points and plant on that place. make the wall to the each plant pit. you can give water/irrigation one by one closing and opening the each pit wall. I hope my comments will support you. best of luck for leaf cultivation.

Best Regards,

Azhar2345

Hi Friend,

Need Advice on Banana Leaf.

Attached the Banana Leaf from my field and condition of the leaf is not good.

Please check the attached leaf and advice,

Regards,
Ravi.

Hi Venki,
Since we our primary goal of banana plantation is for leafs, we don’t need propping/support system. Support/propping is required when you grow banana trees for fruits.

Banana + Black gram as intercrop
we plant 4000 suckers of traditional banana varieties per acre . Single banana plant produce 55 leaves on an average per mother plant and 22 leaves on side shoots . So main leaves are sold @ Rs.2.0 ( Mother plant leaves are big ) and side shoot leaves are small that are used for serving tiffin in hotel sold @ Rs.1.50
Big leaves 4000 plants * 55 leaves * Rs.2.0 = Rs.4,40,000
Small leaves 4000 plants * 22 leaves * Rs.1.25 = Rs.1,10,000
Total Earning is Rs.5,50,000 per acre
Again cost of cultivation is less compared to the cultivation for fruits. For leaf production ,we need to apply more nitrogen and less phosphorus and potasium
Black gram as inter crop is sown in three lines in between rows of banana …30,000 number of plants are standing in one acre area . This will produce yield of around 300 kgs . At selling price of Rs.200 , it brings Rs.60,000 per acre without any additional expenditure . Also the cultivation of black gram as intercrop in banana produce more nitrogen that will be used by growing banana without impacting growth and yield of either crop .
Since black gram matures in about 60-65 days , it is harvested before banana plants cover the entire land with full shade

Ramu Sir,
you said you planted 4 plants with a spacing of 45cm each, but in your pictures I see they are planted in a single row, are these pics different, secondly , when you are cultivating Banana with drip system, how do you water the 3 rows of black gram you planted in middle of the banana rows? Please advise.

Dear Mr.Soori
This Banana field is not that one planted in square system .It is shown just to show how black grams and green grams are intercropped for earning additional income and enhancing soil fertility

The black gram sown as intercrop started producing flowers and cowpea along the border also started producing pods

Hi Ramu,

It nice to see your methods of cultivation. From which month we can start cutting leaves and for how many months we can harvest. I am just entering to agriculture and planning for leaf banana cultivation, i request your guidance. If you could send your contact number to my mail id (sathieshwar@gmail.com) i will contact you for guidance. Thanks in advance.

hi

This is prakash from Bangalore. Am interested for banana leaf production,  which varieties are good and where we buy the  karpooravalli variety.

regards
Prakash.
Bangalore
Prakashn8515@gmail.com

Dear Mr Ramu,

Very nice to know about banana leaf cultivation in a profitable way. Thanks for sharing. I am interested in cultivation of banana for leaf purpose. I would like to visit a field and have personal discussion with you to discuss more on various aspects. Please share your email id and mobile number.

Thanks
L.Krishnakumar
krishnaspic@rediffmail.com

Hi sir I am from Andhra Pradesh I need few more details have already succeeded in this

dear sir
i like to clarify on the spacing in square pattern of banana leaf farming, you suggested to have 2m spacing on either side.
i have the doubt whether to leave this 2m space on all 4 sides of the square pattern.
kindly clarify
thank you

dear ramu sir
i like to clarify on the spacing in square pattern of banana leaf farming, you suggested to have 2m spacing on either side.
i have the doubt whether to leave this 2m space on all 4 sides of the square pattern.
kindly clarify
thank you

kindly clarify, for the 45 cm square pattern of banana sucker planting, do i need to leave space of 2m distance on all side of the square?

Hi Ramu , Can you please give me the details where i can guy Elakhi plants, Contact details or address .

hank You Ramu Garu,
After a Long Time. How R U Sir. How the things are going on.

One of my friend want to go far Banana G-9 in 5 Acres .Can you provide the Design of Square Type Plantation either through my Mail vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com or watsApp 9133498366.
Regards,
MANNE.SN,
for Vasudha Green Farms,
9133498366, & 7416446789,
vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com

Dearest Manne Garu
Very busy with work load in Agriculture Department here .So I could not write anything on this forum for a long time
Don’t mistake me please
Ramu
Assistant Director of Agriculture
Chennai

OK Sir No Problem When ever you are FREE I will Contact You Sir.
MANNE.SN,
for Vasudha Green Farms,
9133498366, & 7416446789,
vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com

My Dearest Manne Garu
How r u and how is your job going in Hyderabad ?
I just wanted to offer you an international business deal on one herbal product called Sacha inchi leaf powder
My close friend in ivory coast country told me to look for anybody in India who can deliver him the aforesaid herbal product for marketing all over the country
I think you are an intelligent and highly capable man in dealing with kind of this agri produce and i am doubly sure this business deal will make you a billionaire soon
Kindly think it over and post your willingness in case you accept this international agri business offer
Also don’t forget to mention the quantity and selling price of Sacha inchi powder
Regards
RAMU B.Sc(Agri ) MBA
Assistant Director of Agriculture
Department of Agriculture
Tiruvallur
Tamilnadu