AGRICULTURE TOURISM - touring to study farm success stories

Hi Murali,
Swamy cannot stop and bye the bye Yesterday also I taken another farm lover to the Doctor farmers farm.
Now see the oranges are ready to harvest along with lemon.

Since no one is contacted and massages exchanging in computer itself and no call from any one.
pls see the photo and my comments yesterday,s visit to TN to meet dates farmer along with 2 farmer lovers.

Dear Parents,
WHAT NEXT AFTER EXAMS?
Hope exams are concluded for your children and what to do next for their
productive time management as they may ask you to take fro tour to anywhere?

ROUTINE EXPENSIVE TOURS?
Instead of going to routine places why can’t think of going to agriculturist place and show
some facts of agriculture to your children as Agriculture plays important role in the life of all human being?

ARE WE EATING HEALTHY FOOD?
Major people who residing in towns and cities are not getting healthy food even if they wanted to have it.
Urban people depended on provision, grocery stores and malls for getting their food items. But all business
establishments are doing hard work for getting maximum profit. But not surely for quality of products.
After all it is your own life to take decision for healthy food for rest of health and wealth also for perfect feature.

HOW TO GET GOOD FOOD GRAINS FOR YOU?
Yes it is very easy for you and your neighbor with one simple tour to Farmer garden to know
the facts of good food and to get in touch with agriculture producer and purchase directly from him
for pure and low cost healthy food grains, fruits, vegetables etc.

HELP YOU AND HELP FARMERS.
By having direct contact with farmer, you may get fresh and quality food products directly from farm
to your home with love and affection through a phone call. If you come forward one step ahead. Than
Farmer can come forward to your door steps to provide your healthy food items.

WHAT ARE BEST LESSONS FOR LIFE?
Urban children really don’t know how food grains, fruits and vegetable are grown.
Even they don’t know the value of agriculture as shortly you need to make indent
to get your food grains if rural people continue to go to cities for job.

TEST AND TASTE ON THE SPOT & TAKE DECISION.
The real taste of food lies in villages. Everyday meal is not only food. But medicine for healthy life
The healthy food can be have with the preparation of traditional methods as learned from our ancestors.
Now time is for few fruits and have taste of fruits on the spot and see the difference.

SOLUTIONS.
All major corporates are already entered in to Agriculture sector. Than why can’t you?
Software professionals realized something out of their own experience and jumping in to other
sectors mainly to Agriculture and its allied activities like Dairy, Poultry, animal husbandry etc & continuing.

Any one interested to know the facts of their present food and the facts of real food
required for our health, please call for agri tour mainly in Karnataka and rest India too.

Call me for any clarification and for farm tour.
Regards.
SWAMY
dns1807@live.in

Further Bangalore meet 21-Apr-2012 discussion here:
farmnest.com/forum/general-farm- … s-stories/

Today I had been to the farm in which grapes grown and invited my interest how it is possible.
Now this is the time here around Bangalore is for starting pruning grape gardens, but in a village in AP
Grapes are repining in the garden now and coming for harvest after 10 days.

There is no special but late ripening of fruits is making difference in rates which are going high than now.
With this the farmer is getting about 5 to 10k extra per ton fruits is the difference for this late ripening of fruits.
Off season fruiting is really benefit for farmers. With this it is prudent that we should adopt innovative methods to beat market gamble and benefit more.

It was very fruitful week for all of us who had very good learnings.

I got few Farmers from South India i.e. Bangalore, Mudabidare, Hyderabad, Vishakapattanam & TN who are not only satisfied for from the lessons, but from the taste of fruits they tasted.

The farm was not only given hope for them but firm spirit and hence they all are in action with their lands with innovative technologies which they have verified and accepted.

Ramesh,
How good you are eating/holding to eat naturally ripened banana?
Please reply with your experiences here in this forum instead of personal message, it will give confidence to members and those who are watching on the fence of this forum.

Rajashekar,
Instead of adding reputation, I like to come up with your experiences and confidence you got to enter in to Agriculture sector by leaving Software job.

Venu,
I have not seen you here in this forum, please come and participate in the forum to share your expertise with all other members.

Actually all these fellows had visited to the farms which are grown purely with Zero Budget Spiritual Farming method. The farmers have not incurred much more money to get these results with poison less food crops. I selute them for their efforts to show such model farms which needs to visit again and again.

Jayverma,
What is the size of that coconut? can you explain please?

Hi Swamy,

That was a much awaited reply from you. Can you start off a new topic of ZBNF and give a detailed report on the workshop and where all you visited ? For the benefit of all.

Regards

Murali

Hi?
I was busy with my studies on last week.
ZBNF is now called as Zero Budget Spiritual Farming.

It was great opportunity for any one to meet good gathering from across universe and to hear from them with their success.
I had such opportunity to know experts at single place, interacted with them and learn something good for life.

Knowing theory may not gives that much of kick for me when I see such achievement personally.
Alway it will gives very good impact when we see it and know it instantly, thats why tour is very essential to know and share knowledge.

I have updated the 1st day tour with few interested people & will update further.

Dear Members,

Today lifestyle diseses are very common at lower age.

In rural areas, malnutrition is the main problem. Ignorance or availability of all food varieties is main reason rather than affordability.

In urban areas, obesity/diabetes is the main problem.

As US is obesity capital of world, India is fast becoming diabetic capital of the world.

Though IT provides a job with a decent salary at young age, I feel the model is not sustainable over a longer time considering

1. Due to threat of lifestyle diseases, we are forced to organic foods ( doubles your budget 3 times with no guarantee that food is really organic)
  2. IT salary increase on an average 12% every year. Property prices/school fees/medical costs/transportation costs increases min 20% with no upper limit

I personally feel I will become increasing dependent on external factors as time progresses like our Indian economy. Indias foreign exchange earnings ( $60billon a year) on IT-ITES is far less than money going outside for importing fertilizers and medicines which in no way contribute to growth of economy.

I am looking how to make my life self-sustainable irrespective of external factors. Having land in my native place, agriculture is one of the choice, seriously considering, given its future business opportunities along with personal satisfaction.

This answers Swamys question for me the reason to change from IT to Non-IT.

Coming to another interesting one,
There are lot of myths spread around us either wrt human health or agriculture. Tumkur workshop cleared a lot of myths in agriculture.

I would like to share the attached file simple 10 steps how we can keep in good health whether you are diabetic/cancer /liver/gas etc problems. This file is prepared by followers of Dr. Manthena Satyanaraya Raju who advocates drinking 5-6 litres/day, eating more sprouts, fruits, leaving vegetable, cooked food without salt, oil, masala, sugar as they are all have medicinal values which should not be used regularly and finishing the dinner before sunset which used be followed by our ancestors to live 100 years life with all body parts working.

I am looking and requestng adminstraor Chandra/Swamy/other members to come with simple 10 steps of converting chemical farming land or unirrigated land to fertile soil using ZBNF. During the farm visit, one BSNL retired engineer by name Shetty prepared these 10 steps based on his exerience with poster pasted at his home but thats in Kannada. Seriously looking for it. No point in doing R&D again when starting from scratch.

The beievers in ZBNF dnt need scientific explanations as there is 100% truth and faith in Sri Palekars method. The serious followers of ZBNF has to converge all the books knowledge into simple 10 action steps so that people like me dont need to read all books before and then dont know where to start

regards,
rajsekhar

We cannot teach/convince science to farmers/students/agriculture universities. We can only inspire them. For this, we need only more inspirations
MNLS Ten Daily Steps in a Nutshell-3.pdf (206 KB)

Hi All,

Idea is what ever you do you have to live happily and with content.

But have a look at the pic. Something is missing ? We need to be practical also.

Regards

Murali

Murali,

Nature and Genes play a more important part than chemicals or jeevamrutha. In natural farming, it’s necessary to select a good parent plant and avoid hybrids at all costs. Hybrids generally do not do well under natural farming.

It’s the same logic that applies to the pictures you have put up. BTW, Nigella Lawson’s secret is plastic surgery. Look up google! :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,
AK

Hi AK,

Looks like NL is Hybrid fed on NPK ? ;D ;D with lot of grafting ?

Plastic surgery can do wonder, to only some extent. Look how horrific MJ was during his end days.

Sorry for me being OT ;D ;D

Regards

Murali

Hi?
During my last tour Mauritius team members lead by Mr.Jagadish Goburdhun who was a Member of Parliament & Minister of Health,Co-Op & Handicraft in Mauritius government. Mr.Jagadish is also founder member of Planters Agr. Co-op Society Ltd in Mauritius.

These Mauritius team members’ great Grand Fathers are from India and settled in Mauritius. 16-member delegation attended ZBSF workshop for 5 days and after that I take them to good farm models where they are interacted with the farmers and compared with Indian farm practice with Mauritius along with Chemical farming (Hereinafter called as CF) and its present situation.

Though they are doing farming with CF, but they are not intended to continue it as it is not viable either in terms of productivity, health of soil and Human being and also polluting atmosphere, air, water, soil and more. In order to search any suitable alternate to address all above-mentioned causes of CF, somehow Mr. Jagadish got an opportunity to meet Subhash Palekar and after knowing his farming practice methods, they very much convinced to find answers for CF agriculture results, traveled from Mauritius, and attended workshop.

NR SHETTY DRY LAND FARM
After attending workshop, visited to one dray land farm in which not irrigation facility except rainwater and the results are awesome in terms of Crop productivity, soil fertility & feature for assurance for its Land Lord Mr.N.R.Shetty who is retired BSNL employee. It was surprise to all visitors including me to know about farming practice and making maximum utilization of Panchaboothas (Every living body is constituted by Panchamahaaboothas I.e. 5 basic and essential elements of the nature (Natural Powers) Vayu (Air), Agni (Fire), Jal (Water), Bhoomi (Earth) and Akash (Space). Almost and everything on earth is built from these elements, these Panchamahabbothas contained with 108 boothas/elements.) for the benefit of a Human being.

It is for our surprise how plants can survive and give fruits for its owner without irrigation, but with nature’s power. Since this is true even in forest also where human is not entered. Now the question is why we die to do agriculture.

BANNUR KRISHNAPPA ZBSF FARM
After hours together journey from above farm, visited to Krishnappa farm, which is purely grown with 4 wheels of ZBSF. History of this farm is about 3 lakh farmers/people from universe and count is still continuing.

Further this farmer done true efforts to his mother land/farm & got results. People from abroad invited him to share his success with the people who interested. Really if determination is taken by any laymen, and then sky is the limit for him to achieve extra ordinary like Krishnappa.

The appreciation and regards, which he getting from the visitors is really keeping Mr. Krishnappa
We can also take such stories for our benefit and to do something better than nothing, alll the best.

I agree with Arvind as only native breed seeds can sustain for good results than High breeds and GM which are not suited.

Dear Swamy,
Can you please elaborate how this was being done.

Dry land cultivation.

PLANTATION
It is an art of raising crops without irrigation facility and growing plants to adopt drought conditions for sustainable living. Initially plants can be planted during starting of monsoon i.e. 1st June onwards to get free rainwater up to December if possible. During first summer nurturing of plants is most important with less water.

MULCHING WITH STRAW & LIVE PLANTS
It is highly essential to mulch entire area in which plantation to avoid evaporation of water contents from soil. Mulching straw will control maximum possible moisture in soil and minimize plant damage due to non-availability of water. During rainy season weeds and other legume crops grow and protect plants through live mulch.

WATER FROM ATMOSPHERE & POT TECHNOLOGY
Plants will collect maximum possible hydrogen from atmosphere to survive in the summer until next rainy season. This system still alive in our forests, otherwise who is taking care of forest during summer?

See the picture in which a small pot is submerged in soil allowing its neck to be visible on surface along with a container to close it. This is old and very simple with effective & sustainable technology of our ancestors and allows plants to adopt and face any kind of extreme situations.

PLANTS DORMANCY
During summer it is very hard for plants to survive in extreme weather conditions until starting of next monsoon. If plants fail to get any feeding from nature, then they will go to dormancy until rainfall or water availability. Once plant gets sufficient water, then start growing.

During rainy season any legumes grown in between horticulture crops, no application of Chemicals for plant growth. He has one model of Fukuoka in his one-acre plantation. Total numbers of crops are more than two dozen.

Hi Swamy,

Does the pots have some small holes drilled to release the water to the soil, slowly ?

Regards

Murali

Dear Murali,
No holes to pot to grow such produce in picture

Swamiji,

On A side note … whats this fruit in the last picture

That is JAMBU NERALE I/ Jambu, Java Plum, Jambul, Jamun, Nerale Hannu, Njaval, Jamblang, Jambolan, Black Plum, Damson Plum, Duhat Plum, Jambolan Plum, Java Plum, Portuguese Plum, Malabar plum.

Thanks Swamiji,

My initial thoughts were neredu. But I always remembered them seeing the fruits in bunches and little more rounded in shape.

So is Jambu neredu ahybrid verity than the regular traditonal neredu?

The fruits appear pretty low and reachable on the tree. Can Jamun tree be trained to remain short in height?
Thanks.