Which teak plant is best?

Hi everyone.

I am new to this forum. I have 1 acre land in Udupi. I like to invest on teak plantation. I don’t have much time to take care because I am staying in Bengaluru. I like to know which teak is good and how much plants required and years required for final growth. If you have any other suggestion also, please share.

Thank you in advance.

Growing teak near udupi maynot be so easy. Better to lookfor others.

Go for red sandle wood, it will give you good return

2 Likes

Mahagony is another alternative.You can get good amount after 12 years.

2 Likes

TC Teak Plants can grow better and good yield. Alternatives are also available to teak for same profits and benefits. We can assist you from plants to tree.

2 Likes

Hi Preethi
We are a bio company and we can plant Teak and ensure its growth. We can also maintain for you.
One acre can accommodate 440 plants.
Normal growth for these Tissue Cultured plants is around 12yrs. The longer the time better the yield.
Contact me for further information.
Mahesh BABU

1 Like

Madam,
You can plant Kumil Teak with Black
Pepper cultivation is best,you can plant 500 nos
Rajulu
Social worker

2 Likes

Very nice
My suggestion is go with bamboo plantation 100% safe

1 Like

Kumil Teak is good for carving pictures ,good
Quality and high speed growing tree

1 Like

I haven’t tried… But who ever did plantation… It had 95% failure track record.

Pls consult an experts

2 Likes

You can contact Prakash Agarwal.
Jagadamba Bio Plants
33/1, Tharalu estate
Kaglipura, kanakpura road
Bangalore. 560082
M. 9902031312
Teak plantation spacing 10ft × 10ft
1 acre approx 500 plants required
15years harvesting time required
Their Plants availability with them from August this year.
They support me for Banana plantation.

2 Likes

Dear Priti Agarwal Madam,
How far from Coast, your land is located. Please get clarification from Expert of Tissue Teak plants, Dr Balakrishna, an expert of tissue Teak, on 9908286565
I advise you to visit the Teak Plantations of Sri China Swamy, Ex… Chairman of Karnataka State Finance Commission. This Farm is in Sadali Village near Peresandra of Chikballapur District (30 kms after Chikballapur on Hyderabad Highway.
After visiting, if you are satisfied with the growth, please take photographs of those Tissue Culture Teak plants, post them in our Farmnest Forum and ask about other details, you require. All the best.
g.p.rao, farmer

2 Likes