What to plant in a 20cent plot in Ernakulam,Kerala

Hi all
I was planning to do a commercial crop in Paravur town of Ernakulam dt, Kerala. The plot area is 20cent and is well enclosed with brick wall and a well. The area is plain and we have planted around 13 coconut sapling around the boundary. The soil is relatively loose. As of now we are thinking of planting papaya (red lady)/Ginger/ Yam(chena)/ colocasia (chembu). Almost all the above products have a good stable market rate in the locality. The place is around 300m from my place of stay.
So what should i cultivate or should i do mixed farming?
thank you

Hi, I am from Edappally. My suggestion : (1) If you have the time and labour (short term result) - do Bannana cultivation.& (2) If you do not have the time and are willing to wait plant Nutmeg saplings & you will be suitably rewarded after the initial years. All the best

ow much banana saplings can be planted in 1 cent , i have 50 cents land planning to plant banana saplings, also is there any scope for banana fibre extraction in kerala ?

Nice to hear, i was in paravur till my 26th age. Now moved to Kothamangalam. Well if you have enough time, please go with Redlady papaya. As i am going to make 1 acre redlady in my farm @ kodaikanal.

All the best!

Hai
First fix - want generate income from ur land - in short
Or looking for long term plan if u have lack of time.
If really interested in short term good return go for VEGETABLE cultivation
( traditional & EXOTIC ) open field & under rain shelter.
Details contact
Biofarms
'HOBBY HORTI GARDEN division
8281 4600 78