Water Pumping for Agriculture, The Solar Way

Dear Brijsolution,

The 25k is upfront, most likely apprx expenditure one would incur to obtain a power connection, like official charges, cost of running a transmission line to your farm etc. Need not be exact, it could be more or it could be less.

Also, solar water pumping is a battery less model and not with battery. Its direct pumping with respect to sunlight.So no battery replacement costs as you did assumed.

Also, a 3hp motor no way when run for 5 hrs a day would consume just 250 units. You are correct its Rs.1200 when power consumed is just 250 units, but 3hp 5 hrs how would it consume only 250 units?

Use the same link and calculate for 420 units (power consumed by a 80% efficient 3hp motor run for 5hrs a day for 31 days). You would see its Rs.2241/month = Rs.27k per month.

You go solar or grid, choice is yours, but people who would understand the calculations in this post would definitely agree solar is viable than grid in your case.

Regards

Dear All,

Some of the estemmed Solar pump companies here have suggested to have the water pumped out of Borewell in Open pond & then from Pond to fields through Drip

My question is why do we need to pump it into the pond first ? Why not straight onto the fields ?

Kindly clarify please

regards
Deepak

Dear Mr.Deepak,

Thank you for contacting me.

Nice to talk with you.

Hope my answers have given you an insight as to what is what. For the benefit of the community let me explain again here;

Having a pond is not a thumb rule, but necessary where ever required based on user needs.

Example, if we are running a borewell motor from a borewell that is located at the elevated point of the land and if pressure from gravity is sufficient, then we can ignore farm pond.

But farm pond is necessary when pressure from the borewell motor when run on solar is not sufficient to cater the drip system. Drip engineers give out pressure head required on the motor side and this means the additional pressure that the water should flow from borewell in order to over come the pressure loss of the drip system inorder to reach the farthest emitter of the drip line. Most of the cases this additional pressure is not available during lean or non-peak solar hrs.

So the alternate is having additional capacity of solar panels or farm pond with a suitably lower sized motor.

Regards,

Thanks Saravana…

we need more selfless, upright professionals like you to educate the farming community.

your advise makes a lot of sense to me. i shall speak with my vendor in Rajasthan and check if he is providing me the required solution

thanks again
Deepak

• Ralph Waldo Emerson

:slight_smile:

Batiji, i am from manipur, i m interested in details of your products. my mail i d is baluthoudam@gmail.com. hope u will mail me.