Viability of zbnf model or natural farming

Hi farmers and enthusiasts…

I am planning to setup a farm with mixed varieties of crops ( short and long term) with high density cropping pattern . Im planning to include coconut,arecanut,lemon,nutmeg,drumstick and banana, as suggested in zbnf model.

My main concerns are related to yield and density of plants.

Can anyone please clarify these doubts,

1.What would be the yield in this patteren compared to conventional approach.

1. Life expectancy of trees in the farm compared to conventional farm, as we are following high density, will it be less?

[Padmanabhan Ganesan] - First, my congratulations for choosing polyculture.

1.What would be the yield in this patteren compared to conventional approach.
[Padmanabhan Ganesan] - 1. I believe the output from the crops on an individual basis will be a little bit less compared to the conventional farming.
2. But it will be more than compensated by the other crops and the security from the price variations in the market will be taken care of.
3. The yield will only increase in terms of quality and quantity in the long run.

1. Life expectancy of trees in the farm compared to conventional farm, as we are following high density, will it be less?
    [Padmanabhan Ganesan] - 1. There wont be any change in the life expectancy.
    2. ZBNF is mimicking the natural forests and hence co-operation between the crops not visible to the naked eyes will happen and the survival and the health of the crops will be good.

Thank you padmanabhan_ganesan sir for your response… as moving further

1.what type of irrigatin is best suited for this model, (drip or micro sprinklers).
2. Is it mandatory to plant all kind of plants at exact time or we can proceed at different stages…
Please clarify this.

Thanks in advance

1.what type of irrigatin is best suited for this model, (drip or micro sprinklers).
[Padmanabhan Ganesan] - Both are well suited for this. Depending on your financials, you can decide.
2. Is it mandatory to plant all kind of plants at exact time or we can proceed at different stages…
[Padmanabhan Ganesan] - Best to plant all kinds of plant at the same time. The reason being, later on shadow will be cast on newly planted crops and hence growth will be affected.
Also, crops like banana, moringa or papaya are grown in the initial stage itself to get some money for farm maintenance before the gestation period of the longer trees can produce something.

ThnQ Good Evening . In te preent Senerio it gives a GOOD returns after sustainable Farming . We wiill Provide all Consultany service all Types of Farmings and All Types of Crops.
With Best Wishes.
Satyanarayana.Manne,
for Vasudha Green Farms,
vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com