trust me vermicomposting is not rocket science, i haave mine doing well. what you need to do is build it with bricks, 4 pits and then need to to be inter connected, meaning make sure the walls have holes so that the worms can move from one pit to anotherin a circular manner.
2. make sure you have a good drainage to collect the vermiwash.
3. make sure you have a roof to keep shade and also prevent excess rain.
4. there has to be a 6 inch wide 6 inch deep cement moat all around to keep ants out.
5. most important vermicomposting will not work without cow dung.
6. make layers of weeds, leaves etc about 12 inches high, then a 1 inch layer of cowdung, then 12 inch of weeds… then finallly a layer of cowdung, let it digest for 2 weeks and then release the worms.
7. the way i keep my vermicompost wet is i have installed a mini sprinkler on the top, so when the borewell works i get a nice even spread of water on the compost and it works very well.
8 remerber COW DUNG AND KEEP ANTS AWAY.