Varieties within a Fruit Tree

Hi All,

I would like to know the Top 3 names of varieties of each fruits being used. Also, the reasons for selecting the Top 3 varieties.

To give an example, Mango has different varieties of which Alphonso, Banganapalli, Thothapuri “may be” considered as Top 3. You can say TableTop Variety or Yield Per Mango Tree or Quality or Sale Price are considerations.

Name Variety Reason

Mango Alphonso TableTop & Sale Price

Please give the different varieties and the reasons for your Fruit Tree selection.

amla
Arecanut catechu
avacado
banana
ber
cashewnut
chickoo
cocoa
coconut + Michelia champaka
custard apple
date palm
guava
herile
Indian gooseberry
jackfruit
jambulana
jujuba (ber) (Z. mauritiana)
lemon
lime
litchee
Mango
oil palm
papaya
pineapple
pomegranate
punarpuli
roseapple
sapota
starfruit
surinam cherry
tamarind
west indian cherry

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan

Hi Padmanabhan Ganesan and Sr Farming communities,

This is a very nice thread. I would like to revive this tread and urge the senior farming communities to help us deriving the best fruits and varieties as requested by Padmanabhan Ganesan.

Regards,
Agri_lover

Dear Sri Ganesan ji,

the info on varieties that you requested is available in Sri Subash Palekar jis Zero Budget Natural farming and also in horticultural handbooks. if you have a specific fruit info requirement, i can help to list out. :slight_smile:

regards
varma , ZBNF farmer
vizianagaram / visakapatnam

Hi pmvarma,

Can you give the websites which gives these details? It will be helpful.

I am aware the details are available TNAU website but want to get the opinion of fellow farmers so that we get a correct understanding of the situation in ground.

I am also in the process of putting together some details and hopefully will post it at a later point of time.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
agricultureforeverybody.blogspot.com/

Dear Ganeshan,
There is no web site to give information you sought. But one can give information with their own personal experience.
Farming is personal experience and experiment, but not see some web site and copy paste.

Subash Palekar’s web site is not contained the information which you sought, but you can ascertain information you required from Shri Subhash Palekar’s books and also from a knowledgeable farmer ( Not from internet Farmers).