Trichoderma viride, Psuedomonas - Application and usage - Info needed

Hello all,
I am planting around 1.25 acres of banana. I have dug the required trenches, brought the required amount of farm yard manure and the banana roots are procured and are ready to be planted in the next 10 days.

I want to use Trichoderma viride and Pseudomonas for both the seed treatment of the root and later applications.

1.Can somebody brief me the normal usage pattern of both of them for the seed treatment and later applications.
2.What are the amounts that I need to use for seed treatment and various methods of treatments
3.Can it be mixed together with the farm yard manure while planting the banana roots
4.Do I need to procure vermi compost etc together with the FYM and Mix with the trichoderma. If yes, what is the usage method

I inquired with one of the supplier here in Bangalore. He suggested me to go with 100 gm per tree and cost is 190 rs/kg and for a total of 1200 plants, the number comes out to around 22K, which I feel is on a higher side.

Can you help me with the details so that I can plan the plantation accordingly.?

Regards,
AKS

Trichoderma viride and pseudomonas mainly control root rot disease . They are saprophytic in nature and live and multiply in soil using soil organic matter as food…So it can be mixed@ 1 kg in 10 kg farm yard manure and applied in 2 to 3 doses in 3 to 4 months interval …When you wish to treat Banana , you apply @ 25 grams per pit duly mixed with farmyard manure …For 1200 pits you might need 30 kgs per acre …
But please take note that in extreme PH the trichoderma will not proliferate or be active …in normal PH it does well…The psedomonas secrete substance antoganistic to pathogenic fungi causing root rot …

When you go applying T.viride or Pseudomonas you better choose to less costly item like Farm yard manure …These microbes do not have any special preference but dead organic matter…

I think you can get these microbes @ Rs.100 . 5 years back it was @ Rs.60 …

Good luck …try your level best

Dear AKS sir, treatment to the fruit trees/plants with bio-pesticides, has been rcebommended by IIHR,Hassargatta ,to the farmers, to control Nematodes organically.

It is learnt that 2kgs of Trichoderma horizanum, 2kgs of psuedomonos, and 2 kgs of Paceilomycess to be added to 1 ton of FYM , thoroughly mixed and water to be added and again mixed to maintain 25 to 30 % optimum moisture. This mix to be kept under shade and mixing to be repeated daily once and water to be sprinkled to maintain 25 to 30 % optimum moisture.

This mix can be applied to Banana plants @ 3 kgs per plant. Around 7 kgs of each said 3 bio pesticides , may cost approx Rs 2100/- max per acre ( assuming 1200 plants per acre, x 3 kgs each =3.6 tons x 2kgs each per ton ). This process they are recommending twice a year.

like this 2 kgs each can be added to neem cake, vermicompost also and procedure is same like stated earlier. If neem cake 250 gms per plant and if it is vermicompost 500 gms per plant is to be added per plant.

I have visited some farms who have applied this mix and found plantations are very healthy.

Farmers interested may contact Dr M.S. Rao of IIHR, Haargatta, Bengaluru and he will be available on 09482603614 and 09480607571.

g.p.rao, farmer

You can use Pseudomonas as foliar spray. For this you can use Liquid. I used 3L for 2500 banana. It costed me 250rs/l. Mix with 50L water and spray. I got foliar spray as well as soil drenching.

Trichoderma can be used in powder form but it is economical only when you use it along with FYM. Mix 10L water and 1 KG trichoderma and 1Kg Jaggery stir well and sprinkle on 1ton of FYM. Keep it covered with agri waste like banana leaves/coconut leaves (not with tarpaulin or silpaulin). After 15 or 20 days you can use it. in this case if you use 10Kg of FYM to per pit you are consuming effectively 10Gm of Trichoderma. Here we are increasing the the microbial count by adding jaggery syrup.

If you want to apply directly to pit 25gm/pit is right dosage. for 1000 plants you need 25Kg of trichoderma, which will cost you 3000/rs at 120rs/Kg. or 4750rs @ 190rs/Kg

UAS dharwad sells Trichoderma at 120rs/Kg and Pseudomonas @ 250rs/Kg. Private companies sells at 190rs/Kg

Nowadays almost all companies selling bio compost enriched with these micro-organisms. and they cost you 10000rs/ton to 12000/ton.
Check Navabharat Fertilisers, MCF BioGold

Its better you multiply them with FYM or Vermicompost and then apply to the pits.

Also consider applying VAM(Michorizha) when you plant.

Hari Devarapalli
amruthafarms.blogspot.in/

i used tricoderma for my tomato feild.
mixed on kg tricoderma with 100 kg fym and sprayed water while mixing it.covered it with a plastic sheet so that moisture level is maintanied.mixture was left for a weak and then spread on to the field.
for seed tratment 10-15 gram tricoderma is mixed in one litre water and left overnight.then dip the seed in this liquid for 1-2 minute.
tricoderma is a good bacteria which eats up bad bacteria of soil and multiply.
to replenish your feild with tricoderma,repeat the fym and tricoderma misxture step every 3-4 months.
before you plant bananas,spread the mixture and till the land,or add some of this mixture to the pits you already dug up.
i dont see any purpose of using too much tricoderma and wasting money.
search google and learn the trick.
hope this helps.
i also used tricoderma as a spray assuming it will protect my tomato plants from fungal and bacterial disease,till date my plants have not got infected.
not sure whats working,tricoderma or my sheer luck ;D

You have chosen the right stage for application of Tricho & Pseudomonas. However, this is good only for control of disease. You should also consider using Paceilomyces, metarhizium, beauveria & neem cake for control of termites, nematodes, grubs, etc. Bio fertilizers & growth promotingRhizobacteria like Azotobector, PSB, PGPR, RGPR, etc. can also be added to soil. This will ensure that the plant stays healthy as well.

Since the soil will all be dug up, it is easy to apply whatever you choose to mix. This ensures that the control is available at the right depth from the very beginning which sometimes is not possible if applications are made in the top soil when the plant is firmly in place.

You can choose FYM or vermicompost as broadcasting media.

The cost per acre should not exceed 6-8 thousand, excluding the cost of FYM/ vermicompost

As Suggested by IIHR, i mixed 25Kg of Trichoderma, 25Kg of Psuedomonas and 25Kg of Paceilomycess (Rs:110/Kg each) together with 250 Kg of De-Oiled Neem cake and 5 Tons of FYM. Mixed thoroughly and is kept in shade after adding sufficient water during the mixing phase as well as storage phase. The Mixture was left to stay for 3 days and mixed again by adding enough water. Probably the mixture will be ready once i mix it again with a duration of 3 days between mixtures.

How much should I use on an average for each root of banana sapling when I plant.? Do i need to treat the roots with anything else while planting.? I have an extra 5kg each of the trichoderma, psuedomonas and Paceilomycis as IIHR packed it in boxes of 30kg before I confirmed the order which I wanted. Can I use this together with water for dibbling the roots before planting.? If yes, then in which ratio and quantity. Else, should I go with root treatments like Bijamrutha .?

Any other suggestions and improvements are welcome.

Regards,
AKS

Dear Sri AKS, How many days you have kept FYM,Neemcake mixed with Trichoderma viride,Psuedomonos and Paceilomyces mixer. Have you observed/found powdery fungal development all around the mixer. It is to be kept for min of 15 days.

500 gms of well developped above mixer is sufficient per plant, root system and in due coarse it will develop further.you can dditionally put 20 gms each, Tv,Pm and Pm per plant along with above in the pit ( not a must , after keeping, treated fym 500 gms per pit)
Good job sir, and it may not require any thing else to take care of soil born diseases. Pl repeat the process, once in 4 to 6 months.

All the best, g.p.rao, farmer

Dear Sri Aks ,[quote=AKfarms]
As Suggested by IIHR, i mixed 25Kg of Trichoderma, 25Kg of Psuedomonas and 25Kg of Paceilomycess (Rs:110/Kg each) together with 250 Kg of De-Oiled Neem cake and 5 Tons of FYM. Mixed thoroughly and is kept in shade after adding sufficient water during the mixing phase as well as storage phase. The Mixture was left to stay for 3 days and mixed again by adding enough water. Probably the mixture will be ready once i mix it again with a duration of 3 days between mixtures.

How much should I use on an average for each root of banana sapling when I plant.? Do i need to treat the roots with anything else while planting.? I have an extra 5kg each of the trichoderma, psuedomonas and Paceilomycis as IIHR packed it in boxes of 30kg before I confirmed the order which I wanted. Can I use this together with water for dibbling the roots before planting.? If yes, then in which ratio and quantity. Else, should I go with root treatments like Bijamrutha .?

Any other suggestions and improvements are welcome.

Regards,
AKS
[/quote]

GP Rao sir,
it has been around 10 days that I have put in the mixture. I am planning to plant the suckers this weekend. Probably it should be ready by then. Currently the mix is deep black and started getting powdery development all over. Should I wait for further more time.?

Regards,
AKS

Resp AKS, It is good. You can proceed in applying the mix, in this week end.

All the best to your good banana crop. g.p.rao, farmer

HI All,

I am planning for 2.5 acer Turmeric cultivation.

I got 10 Ton’s of FYM. Planning use Trichoderma and Pseudomonas on this.

have few questions

1. How much of these Trichoderma and Pseudomonas I have to use ?
  2. Any thing else I have to add ,other than Trichoderma and Pseudomonas like rhizobium bacteria, Azobactor, Azospirellum etc…
  3. Can any one explain in details all the bio fertilizers available and which one to use when ?
  4. Any source of supply near Hyderabad ?

Thanks in advance

Venu Kulkarni

Dear Sri Venue Kulkarni,

Pl follow the advise of Sri Sir for items 1 to 3, as stated by him.

For item 4, You can contact Sri Dr Venkatesh of Soms, Hyderabad and you will get all the Bio cultures like trichoderma viride, horizonum, psuedomonas, metarzium etc with them .

Their phone no is 9885446278, Dr venkatesh sir.

With best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Hi Sri/GP.Rao Sir,

Thanks for you quick reply and contact. I found this attached document online.

My question is which one to use when ?

From the document attached I understand that bio fertilizers are broadly classified into 3 categories.

1.Nitrogen Fixing
2.Phospatic Bio-Fert
3.Organic matter decomposing

Should I use one from each of these.

Thank you.

Venu
use of bioferti.pdf (1.76 MB)

1 Like

Yes you have to use all of them. Now a days you get a mixture of all these. One I can suggest you is ARKA Microbial consortium(available at IIHR on order).

1. If you are preparing compost then you need this otherwise it is not necessary. I have used Panerokhete to prepare cocopeat compost.

Google for Dr.Rajan Laboratries.

is ARKA Microbial consortium (or its equivalent) available in Hyderabad from any seller? Or does IIHR despatch small quantities by post/ courier? (Their website showed contacts and process for sale of seeds, but I could not find any link where sale of ARKA Microbial consortium was indicated for sale. )

Dear G.P.Rao sir,

After reading this thread, I am planning to modify the portions of the fortified FYM I am preparing for 1200 banana plants (3kg per Plant for every 3 months). I will be adding water with Jaggry also for faster multiplication. After mixing this all, planning to keep the mixture for 15 days covered by tarpaulin sheet. Kindly review the below and let me know if I need remove/modify/reduce anything.

Well decomposed manure - 3 tones
Rock Phosphate - 450kg
Neem cake - 75kg
Psudomonas - 3kg
Trichoderma viride - 3 kg
azospirillum - 3kg
Peciliyomaicis - 3kg
Vem - 3kg
PSB - 3kg

Your help is much appreciated.
Thank you
Siva