Telugu : Jeeluga and Janumu green manure

A few pictures of the Janumu green manure in a patch of my farm.

hi,

My green manure crop Sunhemp…
I prepared land with double plough followed by cultivator. Broadcasted 40kg sunhemp in 2 arces on first day of rain.
Levelling was done with OXEN.
Overall good germination.
Now almost 6 feet tall. Some part (~30%) in infected.
I dont see flowering for major portion until now though its more than 50 days old.
Planning to cut after rain stops.
Want to use part as mulching and remaining as fooder for my cows after dying it.

regards,
rajsekhar

Very nice. Thank you for the pics.

Thank you Rajasekhar for the pics!

We broadcasted Janumu seeds and ran rotator. I see good germination it’s about an inch height already.
Will post some pics later.

WHERE TO BUY GREEN MANURE SEEDS FOR SUBSIDY.

WHEN SHALL I LOOK FOR TO BUY THEM
BUY THEM NOW TO SOW THEM IN APRIL

PLEASE ADVICE

REGARDS

GULLIBLE FARMER

farmnest.com/forum/agricultural- … /#msg11664

Could you please give me your final analysis/ result of rotavating the soil with rotavator after broadcast sowing of the green manure seed. I am planning to do the same. I want to be certain before taking up this operation. Thank You.
Siva Sankara Reddy

Please advice how much minimum Seeds should be sprinkled?

What is ideal timing?

At the beginning of rain
While ploughing land?

Can we just sprinkle while ploughing farm or does it need to be
Sown in a orderly with certain depth?

Please advice

Thanks

Thank you Sir,

The Seed Requirement of Jeelugu and Janumu are at 8-12 Kgs/Acre. But Jeelugu requirement is less by 30% than that of Janumu.There is no necessity of Ploughing. Just soak the seed entire night and sprinkle the seed in the Filed duly keeping water in the Field. After sowing drain out the water completely. If you are having Paddy crop before , please sprinkle the seed before cutting the Paddy Field then the germination rate will be more.

I wanted to cultivate paddy in starting early July in kharif,

THEN

what woud be ideal time to broadcast pachhi rottey seeds?

Starting early june (then time wont be enough for them to grow enough before paddy planting start

OR

Broadcast at the end of paddy crop -say towards end of october ( just before rain season finish.

BUt

Will it grow with out rain water ??

I think i am confused
Any way …

My basic question is …

For somebody who is trying paddy crop in early Kharif (in Telangana -where rain start in June)

what is ideal time for green manure seed broadcast?

Regards

I wanted to cultivate paddy in starting early July in kharif,

Congrats and all the Best !

what woud be ideal time to broadcast pachhi rottey seeds?

It is ideal time to sow seeds of “PACHIROTTA (Jeelugu or Janumu)”
If the soil is BC (Black Cotton Soil) you can go for Janumu in April before 3rd week. If the soil is
Red or sandy loamy soil it is to go for Jeelugu which will grow well without any Maintenance.
You go for Janumu only when you are having water and can make plantation at the time of early Rains.

Starting early june (then time wont be enough for them to grow enough before paddy planting start

No sir the seed be sown at the time of cutting of Paddy Crop.If you don’t have Rabi Paddy crop
you sow the seed in the 1st week of April by Providing water for Germination.Afterwards there
is no need of Further Irrigation…

Broadcast at the end of paddy crop -say towards end of October ( just before rain season finish.
No if you sow jeelugu end of October it will have strong stem by growing well.If you sow Janumu
at that time the Janumu will have seed and die by February .If you prefer for Fodder for Cattle
you can cut it and dried and keep it for year together.This is an Ideal Dried Fodder for Cattle,
Hence ideal time is to sow Janumu or Jeelugu during April.

Will it grow with out rain water ??

If the soil is Black cotton it will grow without water after germinating with water at the time of sowing without any further Irrigation.

I think i am confused
Don’t get confused, our Forum is there to make you Tension FREE and get-rid of Confusion.

My basic question is …

For somebody who is trying paddy crop in early Kharif (in Telangana -where rain start in June)!

what is ideal time for green manure seed broadcast?
As has already been stated above it is the Ideal time to sow the Green Manure seed
in the Month of April.If we provide water for Germination initially to germinate
it will grow automatically without any further Irrigation

Approximately how long after (the seeds were sown)

green manure crop shall be kalia dunnali?

any time after 2 months once it is at the stage of flowering ---- is it right?

Since i have mango farm is it advisable for me to
sprinkle seeds in end of July and
plough the clop in end of octorber?

Thank yuou Bhayya Bundy Farmer,

If it is for Growing Paddy this can be ploughed (Dammu (Kaliyadunnatamu with wheel cultivation) with Water Stagnation) even after Flowering.If it is for Horticulture Crops it is better to plough with Cultivator or Plough depending upon the Soil Conditions. Then it will easily be give GOOD effect to the Land

Dear Sir,

I am sudheer from Anantapur, i have 40 acres Land in yellanur Mandal, i want to cultivate Jeeluga for seed purpus, Please provide information or contact number for jeeluga details sir,

Thanks & Regards,
S.Sudheer,
ANANTAPUR,

Thank you Bhayya,

You can get it any Seed Shops or Pulses shops in Anantapur. If you cannot get I will supply from Hyderabad,

MANNE.SN,
for vasudha Green Farms,
Operating,Hyderabad Telangana,
vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com,

JEELUGA.docx (932 KB)

hi , this is chittaranjan ,after seeing ur article about jeeluga im interested to cultivation in my own land and new to agriculture so if you dont mind can u give me your contact number so that i can get a clear view about jeeluga cultivation. waiting for ur reply …txn for the post …

Thank you Sir,

My contact number is always avilable in my Quotes. However My contact # is 91334983466

MANNE.SN,for vasudha Green Farms,
from Hyderabad,Telangana, 9133498366,
Mail ID:vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com,

Is it worth doing green manure planting for improving soil fertility

has anybody done in and got any results good

is it good to keep doing or once off and once in so many years is ok

i wanted to do this year but miss out

Please advice

thanks

I have done it, yes. I have benefited. Earthworms increased in the soil.
To measure this you have to check organic carbon. The process is 2-3 years.
This not a new technology at all, so no need to validate it.

Thank You Brothers,
Being ours is Horticulture Crops and our aim is to get more Organic Carbon while increasing the Fertility and make soil to Normal position from the Chemical Fertilisers effect. Among Jeelugu and Janumu , Jeelugu will produce more Organic matter than that of Janumu. But however Dried Janumu can be used for cattle Feed, while Jeelugu will be for decomposing in the soil. Moreover Jeelugu will survive even on drought Conditions. Hence our Brothers and Sisters can happily Grow Jeelugu in their Lands during coming May and April. This will produce more Organic matter with that entire land can be mulched which can be an Organic matter on its decomposition . Hence it is a VERY GOOD Green Manure for Paddy crop as well as for the Horticulture Crops with megere expenditure and effort.

MANNE.SN,for vasudha Green Farms,
Hyderabad,Telangana, 9133498366,
Mail ID:vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com,