Request suggestions on whether to go with Barbed wire fence or Solar fence for my below requirement. My land gets low to moderate rain fall for 2 to 3 months in a year and there are no animals / forest around.
- Looking at fencing for physical barrier and not for protecting against animals. Fence length about 7800 feet.
- Want to grow trees along the border for breaking the wind.
Options, Pros & Cons - Please suggest
[li]In my case, electrical fencing seem to be cheaper than barbed wire fencing by about Rs. 90,000. (I have explained the details for this below). However, trees for breaking the wind need to be grown farther from the fence, may be about 3 to 4 feet from fence to avoid these trees coming in touch with the solar fence. This way , i may be loosing some land around the fencing. [/li]
In the case of barbed wire fencing, trees for breaking wind can be closer to the fence, may be about 1 to 1.5 feet from fence, however expensive than solar fencing by Rs 90,000. If it is better to go with barbed wire fencing, can you suggest between local one (12 x 14 , 30 GSM , Rs 63 / Kg, which may rust after 3 to 4 years) and Tata wiron (Rs 85 / Kg and this option increase my total cost by about Rs 45,000).
In my case, solar fencing is working out cheaper than barbed wire fencing for below reasons.
- Barbed wire requires poles at 10 feet spacing whereas Solar fencing can be managed with 16 feet spacing. This means over a length of 7800 feet (my current requirement) savings with Solar fencing is about 400 poles or at rate of Rs 180 per pole , this translates to about Rs 70,000. (Barbed wire fence - 1039 poles ,including support stones & 10% breakage, Solar requires - 649 poles) . Note : I have considered stone pillars for this.
- Similarly cost of barbed wire (Rs 80 / kg) with 6 lines + 2 diagonals costs another Rs 60,000 extra as compared to solar fence with 12G wire and insulating materials etc.
- However, solar fencing required energizer , battery etc. Rs 40,000 extra as compared to barbed wire.
Hence, overall for this length, solar fencing seems cheaper than barbed wire by about Rs 90,000.