Subsurface draining system

I am looking for a water management consultant to help with design better water management solution to improve soil health and also provide better subsurface draining solution to reduce/remove existing surface draining system (which requires lot of money to maintain) in my Banana/Paddy field.

Currently I face water logging issues during rainy season and water seepage from neighboring farms cause issues with my farm productivity. Appreciate if someone can recommend a consultant in South India would be great.

It is a loamy clay soil with average pH level of 7.5.

Best Regards
Siva

See my comments inline.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
agricultureforeverybody.blogspot.com

Dear Padmanabhan,

Thank you very much for asking the right questions.

We face water logging issues during rainy season. Since it is a clay soil, water get absorbed and retained for a long period. Surface looks cracked but when you dig you will see the soil is wet all the time. More than water logging I face water seepage issue from neighbors as well when water flows in the nearby creek/river. I would like to address the seepage issue so that I can control whenever I want to water the plants.

I am looking for an experienced consultant who can visit my farm and provide a plan to mitigate water seepage and logging issues and also better water management system.

Best Regards
Siva

I suggest you to create a trench and they redirect the water it either to the well or underground through Bhungroo method. The trench needs to be created on the neighbouring side as well as the creek/river side with standard cement and brick construction. First you need to know the seepage depth so that you can plan the trench.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan
agricultureforeverybody.blogspot.com