Stepping in Agriculture

Dear Jayakumar,

I am of the view that Farming should be treated as a way of life and not just an occupation. The idea is to produce for yourself and not for the market. If making money is the objective you could have stayed back in the IT domain itself. Since that is not your objective you will find it very satisfying. I can tell you this from my experience. That doesn’t mean that I am against farmers making good profits. My point is that it should be incidental and not the objective. You have chosen a very noble ideal. My best wishes. If there is something I can help you I will be happy to do so. You can reach me at muralichrome@gmail.com

I can be reached @ 99620 2278 12:pm - 10pm

Hi member concerned,
Well.City life is mechanical.see the doctors who work round the clock seeing blood and flesh.See the computer engineers who also work round the clock fighting with electrons.And so like many in the cities mainly to fetch money more than what they need.Of course they earn money but loose something precious.See an agriculturist who may look dirty in soil but he does feel hale and healthy.He rest in deep sleep and sweet dream.Inhale fresh air and exhale bad air. He never requires to see the doctor . no sugar no heart problem no diabetes. He speaks with nature , laugh with plant, weep with drought, dance with rain, peer with stars, wriggle with sun and so on. Whatever he eats taste good.Motion goes smooth without any lotion needed as in case of city dwellers.No GYM needed.No walking and no choking.routine move them smoothly in their usual course of life.Money is needed in life but money is not every thing.One who wants to see beautiful damsels in colorful dress for courtship and companionship , live a docile idle life in the name of white collor job and other comforts as in easy going life may feel discouraging to land their feet in dirt. Once you practice to live with nature ie, farming, then you will never look back into the cities.So I strongly advise your good self to live a life of content and dont hesitate to make entry into agriculture. Live the rest of your life in pure air

Mr.RAM

Interesting poetic thoughts, Ramu. I think this is what draws people to farming than the economics!

Chandra

“motion without lotion”, I am loving it :slight_smile:

chandra bhai kahan ho?

He he, sounds scientific, doesn’t it?

yeah it does. how is your stuff getting along?

All good. My search for land goes on and on and on… not easy eh!
See some updates on here: farmnest.com/forum/farming-news- … discussion/

What’s going on with you?

ah I thought you had already procured, same status here (raising finance at the moment and working on various business plans/models)

RESPECTED SIR,

THIS IS SUNDAR ,AS YOU SAID IT IS TRUE THAT AGRICULTURE IS THE NEXT BOOMING INDUSTRY ,WE ARE YOUNGSTERS IN AGRICULTURE AND HAVE STATE OR ART TECHNIQUES FROM LAND PREPARATION TO VALUE ADDED AND END PRODUCT MARKETING IN ALL AGRICULTURE AND ANIMAL FARMING.
SUNDARSMNM AT GMAIL DOT COM
FOR FURTHER BUSINESS RELATION PLEASED FEEL FREE TO CONTACT SUNDARSMNM@GMAIL.COM

Hi All,

I think Ramu has put concisely what Masanaboo Fukoaka has put in his one straw revolution. ;D. Man cannot understand nature, he should try to coexist with it.

Its the wheel turning around. Villagers are coming in huge numbers to city in search of that elusive happiness and city guys bored with malls, traffic, rush etc are heading back to villages.

cheers

Murali

Hi Mr.Murali,
You are right.Nature guides things to evolve in course of time. Bio-tech people modify plants desirably to their need and taste.But since beginning, there exist a natural process called mutation which brings about sudden changes in the plants behavior and physical appearance which suit the need of human being.The birds, water, air,animals and other nature’s agents help in the pollination which result in naturally modified hybrid plant varieties.Artificially technocrats produce hybrids by transferring pollen to female flowers.Of course our scientist are genius producing so much in short time to feed billions of population. Because when India was threatened with famine in the forties,population was just 30 crore. Now Indian population is 120 crore but no famine no fear and nothing like that.why? our scientist raised up to ac-cation, their innovative approach led to invention of hybrid varieties which produced more and more foods to feed alarmingly increasing population.When this is the fact , now two opposing group of people engage in verbal fight, one group arguing for natural farming and other group for modern farming each defending their own view point and opinion.People supporting organic farming says they live longer with healthy body due to organic foods and people supporting modern farming says they created wonder in producing hybrid varieties rich in vitamins, amino acid and minerals which enhance longevity of human being, says 75 years as of now." A person who is a teetotaler and has no bad habit happens to die because of ill fate and one who has all bad habits in him happens to live longer in this world because of strong fate.Here either organic or chemically produced food has no stand to support human life.The happiness lies not in seeing beautiful figure in half nudity for city dwellers or working hard all thro years in the field for the village. The real happiness lies in how human being adjust himself and fit in his original environment where he lives.ie as farmer he should enjoy his profession , unravel the mystery lying hidden in the farming practice, then and there supplement his farming practice with latest agriculture technology n innovations like licking bit of pickle while eating leftover rice.Farming work is not only decent n good for health but also pleasant for our sense as long as he enjoy group of ladies singing sweet songs while planting seeds n seedlings in the field.If he sees bare hips n little futher into somewhere then he may loose in agriculture.Likewise one who is working in the cities ,particularly one in IT industry may prosper if he devotes his time and attention to his work alone.If after enjoying everything during service years ,suddenly shows interest in agriculture with an idea of earning huge profit may end up in disastrous failure.Perhaps villagers who migrate to city may enjoy seeing modern girls but city resident moving to village for sole idea of earning money in agriculture without proper experience may not only end up in failure but also the village queens may not look beautiful to their eyes with utter disappointment.Moreover villagers will fit themselves to any type of work in the city but the city dwellers can not fit themselves into the village environment.So the happiness n essence of life lie in how we integrate our action, thought, soul, mind and sense in the meaningful way irrespective of one’s residence city or rural. So my best advise for the city dwellers is to stick on to their present jobs.For organic growers to pursue their business well without fighting with modern growers. And for modern growers not to argue and waste their time replying in an antagonistic way to an organic growers. every thing and every activities has its own pros and cons.

With regards,
Mr.T.RAM

Hi Ramu,

With out hurting you, That is too much of a philosophy ;D ;D Honestly I couldnt make out what you are saying :wink: :wink:.

Any way “to each his own, to his end”.

Regards

Murali

what that fortnightly tamil magazine about natural farming you are getting pls let me know

Dear VGMBROTHERS,
I never used to buy any magazine.I have visited 100s of farms practicing organic farmings. Also I interacted with hundreds of farmers, technocrats, scientist as regards natural farming. i used to understand what is the scenario of natural farming all around the world.And I used to read articles on natural farming and other conventional farming methods appearing regularly in many of the magazines published both by private members and university. More particularly I am very sound about basic facts involved in the farming practices and physiological process taking places in the plants.And the residual effect of toxic chemicals in the plant biomass as well as soil.And debate and deliberation between the diabolic groups arguing with each other in support of their respective point over TV and newspaper.Moreover I have toiled and moiled in the soil for over three decades.And I know how the dung and urine smell in fresh and late.And how the soil will smell during rain and drought. And I keep watching how scientist flatter.And more particularly majority of the farmers, most of them are not direct cultivator, speaks well about farming practices either natural or conventional based on knowledge gained only thro’ books . Everybody started saying every different technology and methods for common problem without understanding basic fact underlying the problem in question. It is what I never like to buy any magazine. If anybody publicize articles on natural farming with concrete figure and facts then I may intend to buy one in the future.
But I am very interested to know what magazines your good self buy and read for gaining subject knowledge on organic farming.And what is your idea and practical experience gained in this respect.

Awaiting your reply in an earnest interest . Will you please?

Regards,

T.RAM

Dear Jaykumar,
Agriculture can be divided in to 4 stages,

1.Production-Farmer
2. Mandy- Middlemen.
3. Processing-Industrialist
4. Consumer-We All.
In addition to above sectors, another ancillary activities also there.

All know about 1st & 4th stages. Which are heavy burden of both Farmer and consumers.
Think of other stages in which efforts are for short term and profit would be sure.
Being educated and expert in your own field, why can,t you focus how best you can involve in to agriculture sector by introducing your own expertise to increase agriculture production or profit productivity without leaving your present profile?

Agriculture is an culture in which your personal presence with calculated efforts required to get sustain in this sector.

I agree with RAMU’s points.

Our life is about 100 years, think of agriculture production for more than 100 years to eliminate all problems of Land, water, power, labour etc.

All the best.

dear brijesh/jaykuamr

Did you located the land and started farming.am mathew from kerala presently in a corporate job in Gujarat. can I join to you in search of land. am also looking for barren red soil land in Tamilnadu for full time farming, Hope yoingstered like us can work together. probably we can search for suitable land as a team and do the farming individually and remain in knowledge sharing… kindly provide phone numbers for detailed discussion. since you are both from tamilandu. I hope it would be helpfull to locate a land in Tamilandu. at present chasing hundredes of on line fraudsters (brokers) are really de motivating and time waste…
mathew/kerala/gujarat 09825611425, rmathewsin@yahoo.com

Guys

Apparently if you form a company you can purchase upto 25 acres of agricultural land in maharashtra, I am looking this up and with revert with findings

regards,
Brijesh

dear brijesh

I have short listed some lands in Thirunelveli dist, nr Tenkasi. Their plain/barren lands are available in remote areas (deep inside villages ) at Rs 2.5 - 3 lacs. am almost in docs verification for aprx 20 acere land in achanpudur, this land has some cocount farms adn cost would be aprx 4lac/acere,

i am visiting tenkasi to finalise deals and in case if you are inrrested I will keep in mind about some lands am going to visit for you. will try to take snaps and upload.

rgds
mathew

Being an IT professional you can checkout some of the important aspects of farming from websites on internet. I think you must go for organic farming as these days they are specially in demand and in fashion.