Starting with Farming, Need advice on fencing and water management

Dear All,

Last year, I have grown Dhaincha and Sunnhemp and rotovated it to improve the soil fertility. The farm is of 4 acres and is near Hubli ( North Karnataka)
Request the advice of the community in order to proceed further.
What can be grown for natural or live fencing?
And Can Papaya be grown depending only on rainfall in the region of Hubli ( North Karnataka).

Any other suggestion to start of with is most welcome.

Thanks,
Vijay

for live fencing,
you may use katang bamboo variety

2 Likes

Do you have issues related to cattle or human tress passing?
If yes, immediate natural or live fencing is not viable. You should first fence and then develop natural or live fencing.
If no, go for kiluvai fencing, bamboo fencing etc.

I understand you do not have water source from your query. If my understanding is correct, I suggest you to grow moringa which will grow easily with rainfall itself.

2 Likes

HARAYENAMAHA,
You can plant either subhabul or Agasse in close distance. This can be used for any future Live stock farming. All along the fence you can plant the latest tissue culture Bombisa( Bamboo) variety. This will give more oxygen and be a money crop after 5 years…
I am based in a nearby HESSARGHATTA, BANGALORE.
MOB: 9980405868

2 Likes

Gorintaku (in Telugu) is is called as henna plant in Hindi it is called as MEHANDI scientifically known as Lawsonia Inermis, the henna plant is a flowering shrub whose leaves and flowers have immense value according to Ayurveda.

You go far [Gorintaku ( Lawsonia Inermis) Plant in a thick plantation in 2 rows. This will fetch you
a. Perinnial Income
b. Pest repellent
c. Ever Green
d. less water (Irrigation) need
e. Buetify your Land.

As suggested by our Brother though Bamboo is a Fast Growing it will haper Your Land.and requires a lot of Maintenance.
With Best Wishes,
Satyanarayana Manne,
for Vasudha Green Farms,

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your quick and valuable suggestion. :slight_smile: I would try to further research and build a plan considering the suggestions and post it here.

And another query that I have is - Whether papaya and turmeric be grown by depending only on rainfall? Request the community members to shed some light on this as I’m planning to use 2 acres for this now in this year.

@padmanabhan_ganesan - Sir , as of now there are no issues related to cattle or human trespassing. Also there is no water source at present apart from rainfall.

Once again Thank you all for your suggestions and wishes.

Thanks,
Vijay

Those two are great for hot climates, especially if you give them enough love and water. Plus, they’ll thrive if you can provide enough rainfall. It’s gonna be hard work but absolutely doable!

1 Like