Starting of a Small Scale Dairy

Hi, I am Kranthi Kiran from Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh. I have interest to start a small scale dairy. How much cost to buy a Buffalo in Guntur District? Murrah Buffalo costs how much and gives how much milk per a day? How much cost to feed it per a day? What are the feeding menu generally farmers follow in Andhra? How much monthly cost needed to feed a Buffalo per Month?

Hi, I am venkat from srikakulam District, Andhra Pradesh. I have interest to start a dairy(cow). currently i am working in dubai am earning ever month 60k .
i have 5 acres land full of water and transport facility also. is it profitable to shift my job into the dairy where i can get good dairy cows around andhra pradesh

After reading from many people as you are not a career farmer start small with somebody you TRUST with. see how it goes and then jump into it. It takes like 3 yrs to raise your own set of cows after you purchase from somebody else. Plan on having integrated farming model as you can reuse everything within farm and you cut the cost. Go for native breeds like Gir, Sahiwal, Red Sindhi, Rathi, Kankrej, Tharparkar, Ongole and support the draught breeds of cattle found mainly in Andhra, Karnatakde & TamilNadu (which gives like 2 litre/day with very less feed). The A2 milk in the desi breeds will be very useful in long run for the health of everybody.

Good luck. I m also working to start dairy farming in Kanyakumari dist in TamilNadu.

thanks
Vimalan