Soil Testing

Hi All,

New to this forum. Planning to shift successful farmer from office worker. My farm land is in Sindhudurg dist, Maharshtra. Before move ahead i want to do a soil testing. It will be a great help if someone suggest be best lab in Sindhudurg dist or any where. Pl provide me contact details too

Simple googling would help you

farmer.gov.in/stlrpt.aspx?SCode=11

Select your dist and block as requested

Good Luck

tnx a ton for ur reply.

I had already contacted labs mentioned in this website. Few of them dont have chemical tester or not having enough lab assistance. Therefore i have doubt whether i will receive correct report or not.

hi sandesh, we faced similar problem in south gujarat. offcially the chemical is not issued by the government so they cant give you a report. but they used to conduct soil tests for sugar mills and others using procured through them. so we got a report done, only the official government paper was not there. see if similar things can work for you.
best

get a kit from below … Do it yourself …

PRERANA
LABORATORIES
Prerana House, Plot No. 8,
Near Chhatrapati Bank, Vishal Nagar,
Jagtap Dairy, Aundh-Wakad Road,
Pune - 411 027, India.
Tel/Fax: +91 20 2727 4958
Cell: +91 9371015199, 9011094958
Web: www.preranalab.com

Manual soil kits are not reliable to do oneself. I got the kits which are not working as expected. It is better to consult nearby Agriculture university for soil tests as they do them regularly and give the soil test report. I got soil tests done at Agriculture university, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.

Very True … These kits give only rough bands … not actual numbers…

Hi,

Can you please post the cost of the kit? I had inquired with them sometime ago. The smallest kit they had was for 50 tests. The concern I had was about the shelf life of the chemicals.

Regards,
Satish