Snake gourd seeds help needed

Friends, I am in need of Snake gourd seeds. I was told to procure seeds from Narakoduru are in guntur district.

Thats purely desi variety with good resistance to diseses I think.

Looking at the Wiki of our farmnest, I am intersted in trying Kaumudi and baby varieties. Can any one help procure me the seeds of these two varieties from Kerala please.If you can give phone contacts of shops that sell these seeds or the university counter that may be selling the seeds or any other source that may be selling these reliable seeds varieties will be great help.

my farm is in Telangana and soild is black and acidity is almost neutral and planning to grow these on pandal setup.

Appreciate your inputs

Thanks & regards,
Sreeram

Dear Sri Sreeram,

If you want only those variety seeds of Snake Guard, I do not have any contacts in Kerala.

But I can suggest you a variety of Snake Guard, which is available with Tnau, Periyakulam, Coimbatore, a Tamilnadu Govt university, which is a high yielder and well popular in markets, especially grown on Pendal.

For the seed details, you can contact Dr Pandyan sir, of Tnau, and on request he will guide you , for good crop and seeds of Snake Guard variety. Dr pandyan sir phone number is 09443286711( private )

I hope you are aware of high labour requirement , in crop of SnakeGaurd, for tying stones/weights, at the end for straight product, for each Snake Guard.

With best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Thank you very much Sir.

I will reach out to Dr.Pandian sir. Thanks for the information Sir.
:slight_smile:

Thanks & regards,
Sreeram