Side shoots in Papaya plants

Does any one have experience with papaya side shoots from the main stem, coming in 2 year old plants?
Should the shoots be retained?

It is better to remove them as the fruit size may get affected.

Dear Chandra sir, We have to pinch off the side shoots immediately. No use of them except sharing the food of the main stem.This i am suggesting you, with my several crops of papaya experience, and i was told by the technical experts of known you seed company , who released the world well known papaya, Redlady, 786.

All the best to your farming. g.p.rao…farmer and forum friend.

Thanks for the advice.

We started to pinch them off and then got a doubt if these branches will also bear fruit since they were getting pretty large. We will pinch them off now unless there is any more guidance to the contrary.

Dear Chandra Sir, If you are getting good/big size fruits ,even from side additional shoots also, it is grreat and wonderful and there is no need to pinch off. With this I can tell you that your plants are very healthy and can produce good fruits for another 1 year, comfortably.

Only I suggest you to observe, its main shoot , whether its fruits quality is deteriorated
or not. Generally the bottom shoot gets the energies first.

All the best, g.p.rao, farmer

Thank you Mr. Chandra Side little Branches comes are to be pinched since it will not give GOOD Seize of Fruits and also the Fruits on the Main Tree (Stem) will be effected while reduction Life of the Tree and bearing of quality Fruits will also be reduced.
MANNE.SN,
for vasudha Green Farms,
Hyderabad Telangana,
vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com.

quote author=Chandra link=topic=4460.msg22229#msg22229 date=1437376778]
Thanks for the advice.

We started to pinch them off and then got a doubt if these branches will also bear fruit since they were getting pretty large. We will pinch them off now unless there is any more guidance to the contrary.
[/quote]

Dear Chandra Sir, I met professor, horticulture concerned, and gathered some information on the subject issue. It is gathered and they are furnished below.

Generally energies will be shared.existing + input will be shared by the dependants.

In case of your papaya plants also, will be the same. If your plants are very good and have good capacity, they may yield good size fruits for both on main stem and branch stem also for time being. After some time one will superseed the other. Generally the bottom stem will get/draw more energies from the plant. Here I want to tell you that diabetic patients will have problem for foot, than hands.

Please observe closely for some time and after you find these problems,then you can do the best.

No doubt you will get more fruits but problem is only what quality,what size etc.

All the best to you, and to your farm. If i am living in hyderabad, i would have utilise the opportunity given by you ,as regards to take up papaya crop in your land. but in vain, as i am living in bengaluru

best wishes for your farming activity. g.p.rao, farmer